996 Turbo / GT2 Turbo discussion on previous model 2000-2005 Porsche 911 Twin Turbo and 911 GT2.

Closed Tuning Thread .....One comment by Byron

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 12-30-2006, 12:46 PM
Byronmaui is a splendid one to beholdByronmaui is a splendid one to beholdByronmaui is a splendid one to beholdByronmaui is a splendid one to beholdByronmaui is a splendid one to beholdByronmaui is a splendid one to beholdByronmaui is a splendid one to beholdByronmaui is a splendid one to behold
Please guys no infighting on this thread about todd, todd, alex, chad, etc. My concern was everyone was getting all excited and wanting a challenge to see who's car is faster. Everyone be safe and if you think you have the best package thats cool but remember no one and I mean no one on this board can drive a jetski like me in 10 - 15 foot surf...lol

Old 12-30-2006, 12:53 PM
iLLM3 Is a GOD !iLLM3 Is a GOD !iLLM3 Is a GOD !iLLM3 Is a GOD !iLLM3 Is a GOD !iLLM3 Is a GOD !iLLM3 Is a GOD !iLLM3 Is a GOD !iLLM3 Is a GOD !iLLM3 Is a GOD !iLLM3 Is a GOD !
Hanukkah Harry brought me a belated gift jhaha!

Old 12-30-2006, 01:00 PM
996TT_STEVO has a reputation beyond repute996TT_STEVO has a reputation beyond repute996TT_STEVO has a reputation beyond repute996TT_STEVO has a reputation beyond repute996TT_STEVO has a reputation beyond repute996TT_STEVO has a reputation beyond repute996TT_STEVO has a reputation beyond repute996TT_STEVO has a reputation beyond repute996TT_STEVO has a reputation beyond repute996TT_STEVO has a reputation beyond repute996TT_STEVO has a reputation beyond repute
Yo Byro, I was doin triples/quads down South France earlier this year, fully pinned was doin roughly 90/100 kmph, do it 2/3 times a year (Jetski that is) superb fun!

Old 12-30-2006, 05:01 PM
phillym5 is a splendid one to beholdphillym5 is a splendid one to beholdphillym5 is a splendid one to beholdphillym5 is a splendid one to beholdphillym5 is a splendid one to beholdphillym5 is a splendid one to beholdphillym5 is a splendid one to behold
Man....
I missed the thread you guys are talking about. Sounded like a fun read.

Anyway.....
Byronmaui.....You might be able to out-jetski me.... but I'll bust your **** in a game of S-K-A-T-E!!!

Old 12-30-2006, 05:15 PM
cjv
cjv Is a GOD !cjv Is a GOD !cjv Is a GOD !cjv Is a GOD !cjv Is a GOD !cjv Is a GOD !cjv Is a GOD !cjv Is a GOD !cjv Is a GOD !cjv Is a GOD !cjv Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by Byronmaui
Please guys no infighting on this thread about todd, todd, alex, chad, etc. My concern was everyone was getting all excited and wanting a challenge to see who's car is faster. Everyone be safe and if you think you have the best package thats cool but remember no one and I mean no one on this board can drive a jetski like me in 10 - 15 foot surf...lol
Byronmaui,

I have a lovely surf beach almost right in front of my livingroom. The surfers are towed onto the waves by jetski's. I have seen jetski's wipe out a couple of times. The riders just bail at the last second. About a week ago they were getting some real monsters.

Last edited by cjv; 12-30-2006 at 05:17 PM.
Old 12-30-2006, 05:25 PM
Byronmaui is a splendid one to beholdByronmaui is a splendid one to beholdByronmaui is a splendid one to beholdByronmaui is a splendid one to beholdByronmaui is a splendid one to beholdByronmaui is a splendid one to beholdByronmaui is a splendid one to beholdByronmaui is a splendid one to behold
Originally Posted by phillym5
Man....
I missed the thread you guys are talking about. Sounded like a fun read.

Anyway.....
Byronmaui.....You might be able to out-jetski me.... but I'll bust your **** in a game of S-K-A-T-E!!!
I concede skating to you but not surfing. 20 + years and 5 + in tow...lol

Old 12-30-2006, 05:27 PM
Originally Posted by cjv
Byronmaui,

I have a lovely surf beach almost right in front of my livingroom. The surfers are towed onto the waves by jetski's. I have seen jetski's wipe out a couple of times. The riders just bail at the last second. About a week ago they were getting some real monsters.
Awesome man. Isn't Mavericks in your backyard?

Old 12-30-2006, 06:04 PM
cjv
cjv Is a GOD !cjv Is a GOD !cjv Is a GOD !cjv Is a GOD !cjv Is a GOD !cjv Is a GOD !cjv Is a GOD !cjv Is a GOD !cjv Is a GOD !cjv Is a GOD !cjv Is a GOD !
Awesome man. Isn't Mavericks in your backyard?
Yes it is. About a week ago there were about ten surfers being pulled to the waves by jet ski's. Waves appeared to be about sixty footers. The guys on the jet ski's would race to the side and back to sea. It wasn't that easy as at times the whole wave would break at once. Other times they would be coming in, in sets of threes. One right after another.

Last edited by cjv; 12-30-2006 at 06:06 PM.
Old 12-30-2006, 06:39 PM
CJV - Thats insanse and way out of my league. I promised my wife nothing over 15 feet and to quit kitesurfing...lol
What makes Mavericks more insane is da cold water while taking a beating.

Old 12-30-2006, 07:12 PM
Banned
Eric523 is on a distinguished road
I unfortunately missed "the thread". Would have been very interested.
I thought I would offer my opinion. It is one thing for guys to be arguing over who's car is faster and who's looks better or whatever, but for tuners to argue over their work is completely different. All of you "ballers" with these supercars, some a whole stable full, are obviouslly very successful in life. You have earned your money by being great at what you do for a living. That is something to be very proud of and it's just a bonus that you have the ability to choose between tuners and mods and such for your car. And really, a lot of arguing is done over who's toy is bigger, better, faster. Emotions can often come into play. but...
For tuners, this is their life, their livelyhood, their passion, their profession. It not only puts smiles on their faces, but food on the table. To most techs, tuning these cars is their accomplishment in life. It is the determining factor of how succesful they are. They eat, sleep, and breathe cars. So the emotional involvment in discussions like these is on a significantly higher level. To have another competitor bash your work or ideas can be a lot harder to take than criticism of your car. Translating into terrible mudslinging, rivalries, etc. Which really just hurts everyone involved. It's bad for reputaion(no,I didn't mean points, but i guess it's bad for those too ) it's bad for business, and bad for all of us who have threads closed. But really, there is so much pride involved that it's actually suprising to me that these things don't happen more often. It's a good thing that we are blessed with a great community of tuners/consumers and people here at 6speed.
Just my two cents.

Old 12-30-2006, 07:17 PM
Eric - Great post. The tuners were not involved in the thread. It was members getting excited and emotional in the thread. Alot of the problems had to do with comparisions and facts. I thought it was a great thread but it really started to get heated.

Byron

Old 12-30-2006, 07:25 PM
vincentdds has a reputation beyond reputevincentdds has a reputation beyond reputevincentdds has a reputation beyond reputevincentdds has a reputation beyond reputevincentdds has a reputation beyond reputevincentdds has a reputation beyond reputevincentdds has a reputation beyond reputevincentdds has a reputation beyond reputevincentdds has a reputation beyond reputevincentdds has a reputation beyond reputevincentdds has a reputation beyond repute
Eric - Great post. The tuners were not involved in the thread. It was members getting excited and emotional in the thread. Alot of the problems had to do with comparisions and facts. I thought it was a great thread but it really started to get heated.

Byron
Byron
Do you know guy name Maui Owens? He reccently moved back to Maui with his black 996.

Old 12-30-2006, 08:38 PM
alex911s has a reputation beyond reputealex911s has a reputation beyond reputealex911s has a reputation beyond reputealex911s has a reputation beyond reputealex911s has a reputation beyond reputealex911s has a reputation beyond reputealex911s has a reputation beyond reputealex911s has a reputation beyond reputealex911s has a reputation beyond reputealex911s has a reputation beyond reputealex911s has a reputation beyond repute
Just want to say that sometimes these types of argument or thread hurts Evoms and Promotive or any other vendors.. People gets turned off by these type of threads, especially the ones that are planning on modding their cars or newbie's on the board. I for one felt the same way, but I 've known you guys for awhile and know the competitive nature of our members. So I guess it is a good thing that the thread have been deleted..
If a newbie saw this thread, they would be running somewhere else for mods, that would be business loss for both evoms/promotive and their vendors.

Old 12-30-2006, 08:43 PM
Originally Posted by vincentdds
Byron
Do you know guy name Maui Owens? He reccently moved back to Maui with his black 996.
No vincent I haven't seen his car but I will be looking for it. Only cars I see are alot of boxers, my friends turbo and a couple of my old cars.

Old 12-30-2006, 08:49 PM
iLLM3 Is a GOD !iLLM3 Is a GOD !iLLM3 Is a GOD !iLLM3 Is a GOD !iLLM3 Is a GOD !iLLM3 Is a GOD !iLLM3 Is a GOD !iLLM3 Is a GOD !iLLM3 Is a GOD !iLLM3 Is a GOD !iLLM3 Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by alex911s
Just want to say that sometimes these types of argument or thread hurts Evoms and Promotive or any other vendors.. People gets turned off by these type of threads, especially the ones that are planning on modding their cars or newbie's on the board. I for one felt the same way, but I 've known you guys for awhile and know the competitive nature of our members. So I guess it is a good thing that the thread have been deleted..
If a newbie saw this thread, they would be running somewhere else for mods, that would be business loss for both evoms/promotive and their vendors.
Alex you couldnt be more right!!

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Closed Tuning Thread .....One comment by Byron