996 Turbo / GT2 Turbo discussion on previous model 2000-2005 Porsche 911 Twin Turbo and 911 GT2.

Closed Tuning Thread .....One comment by Byron

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 12-30-2006, 12:26 AM
Byronmaui is a splendid one to beholdByronmaui is a splendid one to beholdByronmaui is a splendid one to beholdByronmaui is a splendid one to beholdByronmaui is a splendid one to beholdByronmaui is a splendid one to beholdByronmaui is a splendid one to beholdByronmaui is a splendid one to behold
Closed Tuning Thread .....One comment by Byron

I tried to make a comment but the protomotive/996 tt thread closed. I just wanted to say that everyone should mellow out and stop trying to race each other. Man I like everyone here and love hearing stories but please lets not highway race because I would be bummed if someone died. I mean think about it guys "we all are legends in our own mind" and this includes me but we don't need to push ourselves to the limit with the posibility of death. To prove what that someone has the fastest car. Cars are only toys and can be replaced but lives are not. Just my 2 cents. Mahalo and remember to share the aloha.

Byron

I hope mods start looking at other threads and close them because I have seen other threads get ugly and stay open longer than the above thread.

Old 12-30-2006, 12:29 AM
vincentdds has a reputation beyond reputevincentdds has a reputation beyond reputevincentdds has a reputation beyond reputevincentdds has a reputation beyond reputevincentdds has a reputation beyond reputevincentdds has a reputation beyond reputevincentdds has a reputation beyond reputevincentdds has a reputation beyond reputevincentdds has a reputation beyond reputevincentdds has a reputation beyond reputevincentdds has a reputation beyond repute
Better not delete it. I am still trying to transcribe CJV's posts.

Old 12-30-2006, 12:32 AM
Basic Sponsor
markski@markskituning Is a GOD !markski@markskituning Is a GOD !markski@markskituning Is a GOD !markski@markskituning Is a GOD !markski@markskituning Is a GOD !markski@markskituning Is a GOD !markski@markskituning Is a GOD !markski@markskituning Is a GOD !markski@markskituning Is a GOD !markski@markskituning Is a GOD !markski@markskituning Is a GOD !
Its better... they should take it up back on the street....

2001 996TT 3.6L and stock ECU
seconds @ 147.76 mph 1/4 mile
click to view
160 mph @ 9.77 seconds in 1/4 mile click to view
50% OFF ON PORSCHE ECU TUNING BLACK FRIDAY SPECIAL

Old 12-30-2006, 12:39 AM
justdumb will become famous soon enough
It's a shame these subjects can't be discussed without devolving into the usual "my Todd is better than your Todd" BS, the information gleaned can help everyone who wants more out of these cars.

Old 12-30-2006, 12:45 AM
Red 9 has a reputation beyond reputeRed 9 has a reputation beyond reputeRed 9 has a reputation beyond reputeRed 9 has a reputation beyond reputeRed 9 has a reputation beyond reputeRed 9 has a reputation beyond reputeRed 9 has a reputation beyond reputeRed 9 has a reputation beyond reputeRed 9 has a reputation beyond reputeRed 9 has a reputation beyond reputeRed 9 has a reputation beyond repute
I was ducking (that is a D)when I saw CJV first post!

Old 12-30-2006, 12:45 AM
Byronmaui is a splendid one to beholdByronmaui is a splendid one to beholdByronmaui is a splendid one to beholdByronmaui is a splendid one to beholdByronmaui is a splendid one to beholdByronmaui is a splendid one to beholdByronmaui is a splendid one to beholdByronmaui is a splendid one to behold
I just know one thing I learned from the closed thread is I am gonna get my wife pregnant when she comes back from the mainland and name the child "TODD" Boy or girl I don't care.

Old 12-30-2006, 12:48 AM
Alex has a brilliant futureAlex has a brilliant futureAlex has a brilliant futureAlex has a brilliant futureAlex has a brilliant futureAlex has a brilliant futureAlex has a brilliant futureAlex has a brilliant futureAlex has a brilliant futureAlex has a brilliant futureAlex has a brilliant future
Originally Posted by Red 9
I was ducking (that is a D)when I saw CJV first post!
I subscribed immediately after the thread was posted knowing what was going to transpire. The end result was no surprise.

Too bad. It would have been very informative for all.

Old 12-30-2006, 12:52 AM
Alex....You should get a suprise by monday in da mail. Hopefully the ocean currents stay strong...

Old 12-30-2006, 12:54 AM
vincentdds has a reputation beyond reputevincentdds has a reputation beyond reputevincentdds has a reputation beyond reputevincentdds has a reputation beyond reputevincentdds has a reputation beyond reputevincentdds has a reputation beyond reputevincentdds has a reputation beyond reputevincentdds has a reputation beyond reputevincentdds has a reputation beyond reputevincentdds has a reputation beyond reputevincentdds has a reputation beyond repute
That was a lot of infos lost. I strongly resent that...
CJV, why not just delete the inappropriate posts.

Last edited by vincentdds; 12-30-2006 at 01:08 AM.
Old 12-30-2006, 12:56 AM
Craig Is a GOD !Craig Is a GOD !Craig Is a GOD !Craig Is a GOD !Craig Is a GOD !Craig Is a GOD !Craig Is a GOD !Craig Is a GOD !Craig Is a GOD !Craig Is a GOD !Craig Is a GOD !
WTF???? I went out to dinner and a movie with my SO five hours ago and the thread disappears while I am gone. I guess the thread went south while I was away. Frankly, I am not surprised. My only disappointment is that I took the time to draft certain posts, and they are now gone. Also gone are the several positive reps that I received for my posts. Oh well.

Can someone fill me in, either here or by PM, as to what happened that caused the thread to be removed.

Thanks,

Craig

Old 12-30-2006, 12:58 AM
Originally Posted by vincentdds
That was a lot of infos lost. I strongly resent that...
That sucks I might get banned for this but oh well. I hate when the good threads with info I like get closed but the bashing ones stay opened.

On another note did you guys know a centepede in the dark can trap over 200 mph with no mods. My foot learned this last night and now I am missing da High surf.

Much aloha..

Old 12-30-2006, 12:59 AM
Phoenix has a brilliant futurePhoenix has a brilliant futurePhoenix has a brilliant futurePhoenix has a brilliant futurePhoenix has a brilliant futurePhoenix has a brilliant futurePhoenix has a brilliant futurePhoenix has a brilliant futurePhoenix has a brilliant futurePhoenix has a brilliant futurePhoenix has a brilliant future
I also wish it had not closed.

There was some great info in there.

Old 12-30-2006, 12:59 AM
Just a boxster?
JP-S-St.Louis has a reputation beyond reputeJP-S-St.Louis has a reputation beyond reputeJP-S-St.Louis has a reputation beyond reputeJP-S-St.Louis has a reputation beyond reputeJP-S-St.Louis has a reputation beyond reputeJP-S-St.Louis has a reputation beyond reputeJP-S-St.Louis has a reputation beyond reputeJP-S-St.Louis has a reputation beyond reputeJP-S-St.Louis has a reputation beyond reputeJP-S-St.Louis has a reputation beyond reputeJP-S-St.Louis has a reputation beyond repute
God damn I was turning to page 6 when it was x'ed. Oh well! If anyone wants to fill me in on what happened after DMK was going to time in the Busa.

Personally you really can not argue with the two tuners in question they all make me think about getting a turbo. Ya me in a turbo the guy who wants the fastest Boxster in the country---WTF???

Old 12-30-2006, 01:01 AM
Originally Posted by Craig
WTF???? I went out to dinner and a movie with my SO five hours ago and the thread disappears while I am gone. I guess the thread went south while I was away. Frankly, I am not surprised. My only disappointment is that I took the time to draft certain posts, and they are now gone. Also gone are the several positive reps that I received for my posts. Oh well.

Can someone fill me in, either here or by PM, as to what happened that caused the thread to be removed.

Thanks,

Craig
I am no expert but it started to get into a tuning war but I can tell you this with certainty Craig I did sleep in a holiday inn a few months ago.

Old 12-30-2006, 01:08 AM
notquitefob has much to be proud ofnotquitefob has much to be proud ofnotquitefob has much to be proud ofnotquitefob has much to be proud ofnotquitefob has much to be proud ofnotquitefob has much to be proud ofnotquitefob has much to be proud ofnotquitefob has much to be proud of
thx for the +rep from that thread. although they're gone now lol

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Closed Tuning Thread .....One comment by Byron