996 Turbo / GT2 Turbo discussion on previous model 2000-2005 Porsche 911 Twin Turbo and 911 GT2.

Why is GAIC so much more than UPSOLUTE?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 01-31-2007, 10:18 AM
dchesrown is on a distinguished road
Why is GAIC so much more than UPSOLUTE?

I am getting ready to purchase a reflash for the 996 TT.
Why should I pay $2000 for GAIC when I can pay $700 for the Upsolute?

Old 01-31-2007, 10:37 AM
Joe Weinstein is a splendid one to beholdJoe Weinstein is a splendid one to beholdJoe Weinstein is a splendid one to beholdJoe Weinstein is a splendid one to beholdJoe Weinstein is a splendid one to beholdJoe Weinstein is a splendid one to beholdJoe Weinstein is a splendid one to behold
Hi. I have been running an Upsolute chip for years, happily and successfully,
but I see an added value to the GIAC program and dealers. The GIAC
dealers are active in this group and provide easily tailored services for
multiple levels of modification. If you're going to be satisfied with
performance one cut or two above the stock 996tt, then Upsolute is
a cost-effective answer. Just add a Europipe II, EVO diverter valves
and EVO hoses. Once you want to go higher, you'll want to get a
U.S.-based development package, and if you started with GIAC, you
can save some with the upgrade...
To be fair, in the first year or two of chip-tuning options, Upsolute
had some problem with their X50 program and some customers got CELs
etc, but I haven't heard of any such for the last few years, and as I
said, I have had no problem since 2001 and an update a year or so ago.
Joe Weinstein

http://www.sfrscca.org/solo2/Results...nship/asp.html

Old 01-31-2007, 11:43 AM
tom kerr Is a GOD !tom kerr Is a GOD !tom kerr Is a GOD !tom kerr Is a GOD !tom kerr Is a GOD !tom kerr Is a GOD !tom kerr Is a GOD !tom kerr Is a GOD !tom kerr Is a GOD !tom kerr Is a GOD !tom kerr Is a GOD !
You dont "have" too. The GIAC is involved with extensive R+D and experience, especially with higher levels of mods.
If you are just going to flash the ECU it will be OK...............for now.
tom

Old 01-31-2007, 11:48 AM
smistry007 has a reputation beyond reputesmistry007 has a reputation beyond reputesmistry007 has a reputation beyond reputesmistry007 has a reputation beyond reputesmistry007 has a reputation beyond reputesmistry007 has a reputation beyond reputesmistry007 has a reputation beyond reputesmistry007 has a reputation beyond reputesmistry007 has a reputation beyond reputesmistry007 has a reputation beyond reputesmistry007 has a reputation beyond repute
I've had the Upsolute flash from Vivid Racing for a few months now and am very happy with the results.

Old 02-06-2007, 07:34 PM
CarreraMark is on a distinguished road
I am getting ready to do Upsolute. I dont hang with the Stage II / III / IV crowd so that is more than I will need.

Old 02-06-2007, 07:44 PM
habitat is just really nicehabitat is just really nicehabitat is just really nicehabitat is just really nice
I had the upsolute chip in my TT when i had it. Then switched to GIAC and noticed a huge difference in power. It was worth the extra money..

Old 02-06-2007, 08:03 PM
Turbo Mike is on a distinguished road
I've had my upsolute for afew months and have been very happy with the results also

Old 02-06-2007, 08:04 PM
Joe Weinstein is a splendid one to beholdJoe Weinstein is a splendid one to beholdJoe Weinstein is a splendid one to beholdJoe Weinstein is a splendid one to beholdJoe Weinstein is a splendid one to beholdJoe Weinstein is a splendid one to beholdJoe Weinstein is a splendid one to behold
Originally Posted by habitat
I had the upsolute chip in my TT when i had it. Then switched to GIAC and noticed a huge difference in power. It was worth the extra money..
Hi. I'm always interested in more power... How long ago was this,
and is yours a k16 or k24?
thanks
Joe

Old 02-06-2007, 08:45 PM
habitat is just really nicehabitat is just really nicehabitat is just really nicehabitat is just really nice
Originally Posted by Joe Weinstein
Hi. I'm always interested in more power... How long ago was this,
and is yours a k16 or k24?
thanks
Joe
It was like 2 to 3 years ago. Times probably have changed by now. But i really noticed a difference. I was really happy with the car after i made the change..

Old 02-06-2007, 10:41 PM
Duane has much to be proud ofDuane has much to be proud ofDuane has much to be proud ofDuane has much to be proud ofDuane has much to be proud ofDuane has much to be proud ofDuane has much to be proud ofDuane has much to be proud ofDuane has much to be proud of
For basic power levels Upsolute is fine. I would also look at Protomotive.

Old 02-07-2007, 12:37 AM
dixie is a name known to alldixie is a name known to alldixie is a name known to alldixie is a name known to alldixie is a name known to alldixie is a name known to all
I have the upsolute for more than 1 year now,great power,never problems,had 2 new updates for free,we measured air fuel and everything seems to be perfekt.I've changed my k16 with k16/24 and they wrote me a new update for 1.2 bar,also for free and it works great....

Old 02-07-2007, 06:35 AM
WOODTSTER Is a GOD !WOODTSTER Is a GOD !WOODTSTER Is a GOD !WOODTSTER Is a GOD !WOODTSTER Is a GOD !WOODTSTER Is a GOD !WOODTSTER Is a GOD !WOODTSTER Is a GOD !WOODTSTER Is a GOD !WOODTSTER Is a GOD !WOODTSTER Is a GOD !
Habitat,

Is it safe to assume you are talking about "seat of the pants" power?

Or did you document some before and afters with a driftbox or Ax-22?

MK

Old 02-07-2007, 07:13 AM
smistry007 has a reputation beyond reputesmistry007 has a reputation beyond reputesmistry007 has a reputation beyond reputesmistry007 has a reputation beyond reputesmistry007 has a reputation beyond reputesmistry007 has a reputation beyond reputesmistry007 has a reputation beyond reputesmistry007 has a reputation beyond reputesmistry007 has a reputation beyond reputesmistry007 has a reputation beyond reputesmistry007 has a reputation beyond repute
I agree with Woodster. Unless there is numerical proof, for a simple Stage 1 or 2, I'm hard pressed to believe that GIAC is better than Upsolute!

Show me the data!

Woodster, +1 for you

Old 02-07-2007, 07:52 AM
dixie is a name known to alldixie is a name known to alldixie is a name known to alldixie is a name known to alldixie is a name known to alldixie is a name known to all
With the 1.0 bar program from upsolute we measured with a G TECH PRO RR device,I believe it's almost simular with the ax-22 and we had 502 hp,this was with the standard K16.
Whe didn't measure it already with the K16/24 because I had to order the 1.0 bar wastegate frok KKK because with the original wastegate we can't hold 1.2 bar boost..Will let you know when I receive the 1.0 bar wastegate,will post hp and air fuel ratio.....

Old 02-07-2007, 05:25 PM
aracerx is on a distinguished road
one bar spring

So who's doing this "r & d" dixie? sounds fun

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Why is GAIC so much more than UPSOLUTE?