996 Turbo / GT2 Turbo discussion on previous model 2000-2005 Porsche 911 Twin Turbo and 911 GT2.

Cargraphic and Europipe

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 02-25-2007, 05:47 PM
CarNerd has a brilliant futureCarNerd has a brilliant futureCarNerd has a brilliant futureCarNerd has a brilliant futureCarNerd has a brilliant futureCarNerd has a brilliant futureCarNerd has a brilliant futureCarNerd has a brilliant futureCarNerd has a brilliant futureCarNerd has a brilliant futureCarNerd has a brilliant future
Cargraphic and Europipe

Decided to pull the trigger on an 02 TT, pics to follow when it arrives. The first thing i want to do is an exhaust. I've narrowed it down to Cargraphic med and loud and Europipe Stage loud. My first choice sound wise would be the EP, but i've heard you lose no weight with the conversion from the stock exhaust. My second choice would be the Cargraphic loud but i heard there is a lot of resonance from 2-3. I like the sound of the Cargraphic med but from the sound clips i've heard IMO it falls well short of the previous two, although it is a pretty sweet sound. So with all that being said i live in La Jolla and was wondering if anyone near this area with any of these three exhaust would be willing to meet me so that i could hear them in person? Thanks guys!

Old 02-25-2007, 06:02 PM
FlyingLow is on a distinguished road
If you end up in the OC in the near future I'm in Huntington Beach and have the CG loud. I don't spend much time between 2-3K so I wouldn't know about the drone thing. Most of my cruising is done between 3200-3600 rpm. I think you've got the right two finalists though, they were my choices as well. All of the shops I talked to in SoCal said those would be their two choices. I love the CG muffler. They're readily available and cost a few hundred less than the Europipe. Don't buy anything until you listen to it.

Old 02-25-2007, 08:02 PM
TKDalumni is just really niceTKDalumni is just really niceTKDalumni is just really niceTKDalumni is just really nice
Love my CG loud! Best sounding exhaust IMO!

Old 02-25-2007, 11:37 PM
CarNerd has a brilliant futureCarNerd has a brilliant futureCarNerd has a brilliant futureCarNerd has a brilliant futureCarNerd has a brilliant futureCarNerd has a brilliant futureCarNerd has a brilliant futureCarNerd has a brilliant futureCarNerd has a brilliant futureCarNerd has a brilliant futureCarNerd has a brilliant future
I'll also be in the Bay Area for a while if there is anyone near there with either three of these exhausts. Thanks!

Old 02-25-2007, 11:46 PM
vipertestarossa is a jewel in the roughvipertestarossa is a jewel in the roughvipertestarossa is a jewel in the rough
2 words...Cargraphic loud

Old 02-26-2007, 12:46 AM
Originally Posted by vipertestarossa
2 words...Cargraphic loud
It's so tempting Ron! It would be so awesome to have the car delivered with a brand new exhaust!!!

Old 02-26-2007, 03:02 AM
exoticalex has a spectacular aura aboutexoticalex has a spectacular aura about
Two words. STRAIGHT PIPES I have a set sitting in my garage...eagerly awaiting the new stable mate

Old 02-26-2007, 10:10 AM
Shark01 is just really niceShark01 is just really niceShark01 is just really niceShark01 is just really nice
Originally Posted by exoticalex
Two words. STRAIGHT PIPES
Two words.........HEARING LOSS

Old 02-26-2007, 10:23 AM
Originally Posted by Shark01
Two words.........HEARING LOSS
LMAO!!! Hahahaha!

Old 02-26-2007, 11:30 AM
exoticalex has a spectacular aura aboutexoticalex has a spectacular aura about
Bunch of pansies

Colby, I look forward to meeting up with you...and causing a little havoc

Old 02-26-2007, 11:37 AM
Stanford is on a distinguished road
Originally Posted by CarNerd
Decided to pull the trigger on an 02 TT, pics to follow when it arrives. The first thing i want to do is an exhaust. I've narrowed it down to Cargraphic med and loud and Europipe Stage loud. My first choice sound wise would be the EP, but i've heard you lose no weight with the conversion from the stock exhaust. My second choice would be the Cargraphic loud but i heard there is a lot of resonance from 2-3. I like the sound of the Cargraphic med but from the sound clips i've heard IMO it falls well short of the previous two, although it is a pretty sweet sound. So with all that being said i live in La Jolla and was wondering if anyone near this area with any of these three exhaust would be willing to meet me so that i could hear them in person? Thanks guys!
I have the EP Stage II loud and love the deep rumble sound it makes.

If you add the K24 headers it will change the sound to a little higher pitch and you will be able to hear the turbos spin.

The sound was a lot better before I changed the headers, but it's great.

Jim

Old 02-26-2007, 11:44 AM
atlshaver has a spectacular aura aboutatlshaver has a spectacular aura about
Stanford, are you saying you liked the sound of the EPII better before you added headers?

Old 02-26-2007, 12:12 PM
Originally Posted by exoticalex
Bunch of pansies

Colby, I look forward to meeting up with you...and causing a little havoc
Haha! Indeed!

Old 02-26-2007, 12:31 PM
Stanford is on a distinguished road
Yes, a lot better. The sound was a lot deeper before I added the headers, but it's nice to pick up a few more HP.

Jim

Old 02-26-2007, 12:43 PM
rmrmd1956 is a glorious beacon of lightrmrmd1956 is a glorious beacon of lightrmrmd1956 is a glorious beacon of lightrmrmd1956 is a glorious beacon of lightrmrmd1956 is a glorious beacon of lightrmrmd1956 is a glorious beacon of light
I had the Cargraphics Loud on my GT2. My wife would not drive with me because of the drone/resonance. I believe it depends on your driving style and sensitivity. We will never all agree. Your doing the right thing - drive in a car with the exhaust you want and test it for yourself.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Cargraphic and Europipe