996 Turbo / GT2 Turbo discussion on previous model 2000-2005 Porsche 911 Twin Turbo and 911 GT2.

Headunit (Stereo) Change

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 03-05-2007, 10:49 PM
Powell Is a GOD !Powell Is a GOD !Powell Is a GOD !Powell Is a GOD !Powell Is a GOD !Powell Is a GOD !Powell Is a GOD !Powell Is a GOD !Powell Is a GOD !Powell Is a GOD !Powell Is a GOD !
Headunit (Stereo) Change

On a 2002 I do not have to worry about having to replace the speakers, amps, etc.. if I just replace the Headunit?

I've been toying around with putting my Alpine, that was in my truck, in my car. I just do not want to have to change anything because it is the Bose system. I really wouldn't worry to much, but honestly I hate CD Changers and a tape in the dash is a little oldschool. LOL

Also how much should I expect to pay to have it done, including parts?

Old 03-05-2007, 11:35 PM
PorschePhd has a reputation beyond reputePorschePhd has a reputation beyond reputePorschePhd has a reputation beyond reputePorschePhd has a reputation beyond reputePorschePhd has a reputation beyond reputePorschePhd has a reputation beyond reputePorschePhd has a reputation beyond reputePorschePhd has a reputation beyond reputePorschePhd has a reputation beyond reputePorschePhd has a reputation beyond reputePorschePhd has a reputation beyond repute
You should be fine.

Not much because you can reuse the amp with an adapter. Question though....Why are you screwing around with the radio...Add some ECU mod to it Com'on you know you want to. I will come down there and do it! Besides you guys have a UFC fight coming up I would like to see!

Old 03-05-2007, 11:45 PM
Powell Is a GOD !Powell Is a GOD !Powell Is a GOD !Powell Is a GOD !Powell Is a GOD !Powell Is a GOD !Powell Is a GOD !Powell Is a GOD !Powell Is a GOD !Powell Is a GOD !Powell Is a GOD !
Stephen.. LOL! I'm working on that part right now. I have the stereo already I just need to order Diverters/Filter and then do my tune. Got my headers to port this week. I said it'd say stock but whats a FEW little things ya know.

Make ya a deal on some UFC tickets for some tuning LOL! Though I'm not sure which would actually be cheaper.

Old 03-05-2007, 11:50 PM
robmd99 has a reputation beyond reputerobmd99 has a reputation beyond reputerobmd99 has a reputation beyond reputerobmd99 has a reputation beyond reputerobmd99 has a reputation beyond reputerobmd99 has a reputation beyond reputerobmd99 has a reputation beyond reputerobmd99 has a reputation beyond reputerobmd99 has a reputation beyond reputerobmd99 has a reputation beyond reputerobmd99 has a reputation beyond repute
Stephen... I think roadsterdoc,maybe DrJoe, Powell and RedPorsche needs tuning and other goodies.. I am trying to set up something before Tx2K7... this weekend??
question#1 do I have the three in one headers?
question#2 do I have the higher capacity fuel pump (which one)
question#3 which turbos I have (exactly)
question#4 I want to run more boost for Tx2K7 how do I do that? manually change the waste gate one turn??

thus far my kit is running great thanks

Old 03-06-2007, 12:24 PM
PorschePhd has a reputation beyond reputePorschePhd has a reputation beyond reputePorschePhd has a reputation beyond reputePorschePhd has a reputation beyond reputePorschePhd has a reputation beyond reputePorschePhd has a reputation beyond reputePorschePhd has a reputation beyond reputePorschePhd has a reputation beyond reputePorschePhd has a reputation beyond reputePorschePhd has a reputation beyond reputePorschePhd has a reputation beyond repute
Ha, make them ring side and I am there!

Yes, you do have the 3-1 Headers. No, you have lines and injectors. OUr standard 700 turbos. You can not run more boost other than putting the car in race mode. It is a new program because you have that little jewel of a mod in there. If it is not hitting target boost you may have a little leak from those knuckleheads pulling the TB.

Old 03-06-2007, 04:47 PM
Dr_jitsu Is a GOD !Dr_jitsu Is a GOD !Dr_jitsu Is a GOD !Dr_jitsu Is a GOD !Dr_jitsu Is a GOD !Dr_jitsu Is a GOD !Dr_jitsu Is a GOD !Dr_jitsu Is a GOD !Dr_jitsu Is a GOD !Dr_jitsu Is a GOD !Dr_jitsu Is a GOD !
Stephen,

If you come you can chip my CTT for me. Got a room too. Wifey will cook.

I didn't get tickets for the UFC, believe it or not. I became so spoiled cornering fighters in the past (talk about a great seat!) that I don't go to MMA events in person anymore.

Wasn't randy's win incredible last Sat? makes an old guy like me want to start training again.

Old 03-06-2007, 05:40 PM
Sounds good! The next fight is in about a month.

It was unreal! He came out and set the pace. Syliva never new what hit him. Randy had a plan and he stuch to it. I love it! RAH RAH for the old guys eh?

Old 03-06-2007, 08:03 PM
Turbohead is just really niceTurbohead is just really niceTurbohead is just really niceTurbohead is just really nice
Hey Powell,
I have a 03 TT that came with an alpine head unit and JLC amp and speakers.
The alpine only pulls in a few stations both AM and FM. Xm works fine.
I checked to see that antenna boosters were connected and they were.
So I am dissappointed in the radio's performance and am getting ready to put the Bose system back.
Any body have any Ideas?
Elliot

Old 03-06-2007, 08:12 PM
robmd99 has a reputation beyond reputerobmd99 has a reputation beyond reputerobmd99 has a reputation beyond reputerobmd99 has a reputation beyond reputerobmd99 has a reputation beyond reputerobmd99 has a reputation beyond reputerobmd99 has a reputation beyond reputerobmd99 has a reputation beyond reputerobmd99 has a reputation beyond reputerobmd99 has a reputation beyond reputerobmd99 has a reputation beyond repute
Stephen Thanks... I would like to speak to you own the phone... I would like to have some more info please.. like what boost should I be hitting on the race mode, what octane should I buy? Dude the more I am driving this car the more I am loving it!!!!!!!!!!!!! Can I buy a fuel pump? I want to increase the boost a little for the Tx2K7
pm your cell please

Old 03-06-2007, 08:15 PM
My AM/FM was the same way in my truck. I don't use the radio to much though. I'm not 100% sure I am going to do it, but the tape player up front is pretty oldschool (no offense to those who still rock tape decks). I do miss having the ability to play Mp3s. I hate having to burn a new CD and go up to the front and put it in. Only to have 15-18 songs on each one

I missed the UFC fight this weekend. Felt like crap and didn't want to go to the bar or my buddies house. Stephen, sadly I think the tune would be cheaper then the ring side tickets!! LOL

Sean's wife made some AWESOME dinner so thats worth the trip down here. Plus we can convince some of the other owners to bring the cars to the track. Don't worry the youngin will show you how to drive jk

Old 03-06-2007, 09:43 PM
Dr_jitsu Is a GOD !Dr_jitsu Is a GOD !Dr_jitsu Is a GOD !Dr_jitsu Is a GOD !Dr_jitsu Is a GOD !Dr_jitsu Is a GOD !Dr_jitsu Is a GOD !Dr_jitsu Is a GOD !Dr_jitsu Is a GOD !Dr_jitsu Is a GOD !Dr_jitsu Is a GOD !
Chris/Powell,

The stereos on 02's are absolute junk. Its Porsche racing, not Porsche audio.

My advice is concentrating on getting the car wher you want it performance wise, and then going for a killer audio system. I would recommend eventually investing in a good deal of research in your stereo and/or having a good shop (I have a recommendation) install it.

I went w/ one shop they recemmended components and then I got them to pretty much match the best price I could find on each component on the internet. I did pay them well for the install. Although I don't like the user unfreindliness of my head unit, and a still ***** at them about the crappy clear bra install, they did do a fantastic job on the rest of my stereo for a good price.

Next time you are over I will let you check it out.

Sean