996 Turbo / GT2 Turbo discussion on previous model 2000-2005 Porsche 911 Twin Turbo and 911 GT2.

Best Brake Pads for the Street...???

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 03-09-2007, 07:12 PM
ramone is an unknown quantity at this point
Best Brake Pads for the Street...???

This is for a spirited driver that wants more stopping power.....Pagid Oranges ?

Old 03-09-2007, 08:41 PM
Banned
GR996TT will become famous soon enough
If you want more "stopping power" (to shorten your stopping distances), you need stickier tires, not different pads.

If you want pads that will maintain your current stopping distances during repeated hard braking (like on the track), Pagid Oranges are good pads.

Since you're looking for the best pad for the street, and "spirited" driving, what problems are your current pads causing for you?

Old 03-09-2007, 08:47 PM
sechsgang has a brilliant futuresechsgang has a brilliant futuresechsgang has a brilliant futuresechsgang has a brilliant futuresechsgang has a brilliant futuresechsgang has a brilliant futuresechsgang has a brilliant futuresechsgang has a brilliant futuresechsgang has a brilliant futuresechsgang has a brilliant futuresechsgang has a brilliant future
I use ht 10s for the track...I love hawks products...

BUT...the pagids seem to be pretty nice too...

Old 03-09-2007, 10:28 PM
sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !
the oranges are going to be loud as hell on the street. Lke a 35 year old NY bus. The yellow endurance ones are less noisey but both will crack your rotors considerably quicker than stock.

Old 03-09-2007, 10:54 PM
EXPLICIT is on a distinguished road
Stock on the street is fine. As GR996TT mentions, oranges will remain consistent in heavy continuous applications. I use oranges as I track the car often, on the street they are loud.

Old 03-09-2007, 11:42 PM
tom kerr Is a GOD !tom kerr Is a GOD !tom kerr Is a GOD !tom kerr Is a GOD !tom kerr Is a GOD !tom kerr Is a GOD !tom kerr Is a GOD !tom kerr Is a GOD !tom kerr Is a GOD !tom kerr Is a GOD !tom kerr Is a GOD !
I use orange for street and track. I found that with proper bedding in it is surprising how little noise they do make.
I think GR996TT has the best question, what problem are you having with the stock set up on the street??? Stopping distance, fade, fluid boiling, etc all have different answers. And honestly for me if you are over driving brakes on the street its time to get to a track!!

Old 03-09-2007, 11:58 PM
Dietz is on a distinguished road
IMHO - orange on the street (when you can't warm them up) are *worse* in stopping than stock.

Hawk's and Ferodo 2500's (which I use for dual use) will grind rotors - that's the tradeoff.

You have to bed in any brake pad, and if stock aren't working for you - maybe try re-bedding:

https://www.6speedonline.com/forums/...1&postcount=24

Old 03-10-2007, 02:38 AM
ramone is an unknown quantity at this point
Very good advice guys. Thanks alot.

I'm having the brakes flushed and putting new factory pads. I think the old ones were overused or something. I'll have to wait and find out.

Can you tell me how much the factory pads should cost, so I dont get ripped off by the dealer. Thanks again guys

Old 03-10-2007, 11:43 AM
Highhats is a splendid one to beholdHighhats is a splendid one to beholdHighhats is a splendid one to beholdHighhats is a splendid one to beholdHighhats is a splendid one to beholdHighhats is a splendid one to behold
stock pads put stainless steel lines and some ATE blue brake fluid and youll be solid.

IMO

SUman

Old 03-10-2007, 11:47 AM
Dietz is on a distinguished road
+1 on the SS lines and bedding..

I like Motul 600 or the ultra expensive Castrol SRF, but I like to have brakes at 150... YMMV...