996 Turbo / GT2 Turbo discussion on previous model 2000-2005 Porsche 911 Twin Turbo and 911 GT2.

My Tilt Steering Wheel...Your Thoughts?

Old 03-19-2007, 06:58 PM
silvershark will become famous soon enough
My Tilt Steering Wheel...Your Thoughts?

Old 03-19-2007, 07:00 PM
Genuine Porsche Sport steering wheel. Using Works Bell Tilt-Unit and a custom fabricated adapter. Eases entry/exit with agressive sport seats.

Old 03-19-2007, 07:03 PM
996TT_STEVO has a reputation beyond repute996TT_STEVO has a reputation beyond repute996TT_STEVO has a reputation beyond repute996TT_STEVO has a reputation beyond repute996TT_STEVO has a reputation beyond repute996TT_STEVO has a reputation beyond repute996TT_STEVO has a reputation beyond repute996TT_STEVO has a reputation beyond repute996TT_STEVO has a reputation beyond repute996TT_STEVO has a reputation beyond repute996TT_STEVO has a reputation beyond repute
why have you done this?

Old 03-19-2007, 07:08 PM
Originally Posted by 996TT_STEVO
why have you done this?
The stock wheel was in the way with my aggressive bolstered race seats.
Now I can enter and exit with ease. And the over padded wheel feels
much better than the stock wheel. Using a 2 ohm resistor on the air bag
plug keeps the air bag light off.
I hope this answers your silly question. Duh?

Last edited by silvershark; 03-19-2007 at 07:37 PM.
Old 03-19-2007, 09:16 PM
tom kerr Is a GOD !tom kerr Is a GOD !tom kerr Is a GOD !tom kerr Is a GOD !tom kerr Is a GOD !tom kerr Is a GOD !tom kerr Is a GOD !tom kerr Is a GOD !tom kerr Is a GOD !tom kerr Is a GOD !tom kerr Is a GOD !
why have you done this?
Opps, I was going to ask the same "silly" question, glad Steve made a fool of himself first!!

I love the steering wheel and it looks great. I have GT3 seats as does Steve. I also have a roll bar but never had much of a hard time getting in and out of the car? (of course I am not obese either)

No air bag???? Not sure if you have one or not, if not not sure if that is worth the cool steering wheel??

Last edited by tom kerr; 03-19-2007 at 09:19 PM.
Old 03-19-2007, 09:31 PM
Thumbs down

Originally Posted by tom kerr
Opps, I was going to ask the same "silly" question, glad Steve made a fool of himself first!!

I love the steering wheel and it looks great. I have GT3 seats as does Steve. I also have a roll bar but never had much of a hard time getting in and out of the car? (of course I am not obese either)

No air bag???? Not sure if you have one or not, if not not sure if that is worth the cool steering wheel??

I have 4 point harnesses, I don't really need the air bag and don't miss
the weight. I was a competitive power lifter and owned a gym in college
in the 80's. Maybe we can meet up someday and you can see how
obese I am. Some of you guy's are real *******s. I was just trying to
contribute some creative ideas.

Old 03-19-2007, 09:48 PM
996TT_STEVO has a reputation beyond repute996TT_STEVO has a reputation beyond repute996TT_STEVO has a reputation beyond repute996TT_STEVO has a reputation beyond repute996TT_STEVO has a reputation beyond repute996TT_STEVO has a reputation beyond repute996TT_STEVO has a reputation beyond repute996TT_STEVO has a reputation beyond repute996TT_STEVO has a reputation beyond repute996TT_STEVO has a reputation beyond repute996TT_STEVO has a reputation beyond repute
It wasn't a silly question, I wanted to know why you have done this!

How was I meant to know your so Obese!!!

Each to their own my friend, but I would never do that in a month of Sunday's

Last edited by 996TT_STEVO; 03-19-2007 at 09:50 PM.
Old 03-19-2007, 09:56 PM
It wasn't a silly question, I wanted to know why you have done this!

How was I meant to know your so Obese!!!

Each to their own my friend, but I would never do that in a month of Sunday's
Hey Jethro, I mean stevo, if you could read. My post said for ease of
exit and entering. That is written before your question.
And it is real easy to put back stock...
I am 5'10" and 225lb, I have thighs as large as your waist.
As you said, "to each his own" pencil neck.

Old 03-19-2007, 10:01 PM
lol, your a funny man, at least I don't have a pencil dick!

Later

Old 03-19-2007, 10:10 PM
lol, your a funny man, at least I don't have a pencil dick!

Later
Nor do I. Are you talking about Tom? I wouldn't know.
I don't like guys.
I missed a word earlier.
Some of you guy's are arrogant *******s.
All my other cars (6) have a tilt wheels.
I got the idea from the top drifters. Instead of removing
the steering wheel, you tilt it. This way you can bolt the seat direct.

Old 03-19-2007, 10:19 PM

I did ask for your thoughts...so I should thank you for commenting.

Old 03-19-2007, 10:44 PM
tom kerr Is a GOD !tom kerr Is a GOD !tom kerr Is a GOD !tom kerr Is a GOD !tom kerr Is a GOD !tom kerr Is a GOD !tom kerr Is a GOD !tom kerr Is a GOD !tom kerr Is a GOD !tom kerr Is a GOD !tom kerr Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by silvershark
I did ask for your thoughts...so I should thank you for commenting.
Hey silvershark, dude you really need to relax!! I never implied that YOU were obese?! And I am sorry if you took my post that way.
Steve, is a good guy and I really dont think he meant much either (I could be wrong)
This is a great forum but man you let your threads turn to **** so fast people read them for comic relief instead of any real value. I suggest you get rid of the chip on you shoulder and just enjoy the forum.

I agree your post was a good one and neat little trick.

The reply was ok until you straight up insulted Steven. Then to make matters worse you called me out?! Like a 6th grader and you dont even know me. I wont get into the I am pretty sure I can kick you *** thing but I think you know what I mean. You go off tooooooo fast. Try to stay on task.

You seem to have alot of great cars and I am sure great experiences and knowledge, share it in a mature way. the above posts of yours are what the guys over on rennlist are referring to, they would have a field day with what you have just typed!

I say no harm no foul but for god sake give us a break on this hard *** ****, it gets old real fast!

tom kerr

Old 03-19-2007, 11:37 PM
iLLM3 Is a GOD !iLLM3 Is a GOD !iLLM3 Is a GOD !iLLM3 Is a GOD !iLLM3 Is a GOD !iLLM3 Is a GOD !iLLM3 Is a GOD !iLLM3 Is a GOD !iLLM3 Is a GOD !iLLM3 Is a GOD !iLLM3 Is a GOD !
Hey silvershark, dude you really need to relax!! I never implied that YOU were obese?! And I am sorry if you took my post that way.
Steve, is a good guy and I really dont think he meant much either (I could be wrong)
This is a great forum but man you let your threads turn to **** so fast people read them for comic relief instead of any real value. I suggest you get rid of the chip on you shoulder and just enjoy the forum.

The reply was ok until you straight up insulted Steven. Then to make matters worse you called me out?! Like a 6th grader and you dont even know me. I wont get into the I am pretty sure I can kick you *** thing but I think you know what I mean. You go off tooooooo fast. Try to stay on task.

You seem to have alot of great cars and I am sure great experiences and knowledge, share it in a mature way. the above posts of yours are what the guys over on rennlist are referring to, they would have a field day with what you have just typed!

I say no harm no foul but for god sake give us a break on this hard *** ****, it gets old real fast!

tom kerr
Amen Tom, i don't understand why he got so defensive like that, but its w/e..

If you like it and it suits your needs for your race seats and maneuverability in and out, that's all that counts

Old 03-19-2007, 11:42 PM

tom kerr
I am sorry...I forgot my place as a "newbie" I should know better.
I don't know what I was thinking... Trying to start a new subject post.
Share a new idea!! I need to go back to responding way cool...
awsome dude...untill I graduate. Oh yes, and never respond back
disrepectful to a member with 4+ digit post record. I promise to be good.

Old 03-19-2007, 11:45 PM
Jimbo has much to be proud ofJimbo has much to be proud ofJimbo has much to be proud ofJimbo has much to be proud ofJimbo has much to be proud ofJimbo has much to be proud ofJimbo has much to be proud ofJimbo has much to be proud ofJimbo has much to be proud ofJimbo has much to be proud of
Originally Posted by silvershark
I am sorry...I forgot my place as a "newbie" I should know better.
I don't know what I was thinking... Trying to start a new subject post.
Share a new idea!! I need to go back to responding way cool...
awsome dude...untill I graduate. Oh yes, and never respond back
disrepectful to a member with 4+ digit post record. I promise to be good.
Seriously, chill out!

You post something up, asking for peoples advice/feedback. People give their feedback, and you end up getting all pissy about it because they gave their opinion...

Maybe you should have thought before creating the thread, and realized that on a site with over 6,000+ Active Members, not every single one is going to agree with you!

You asked, and you received, but you continue to cross the line with the personal insults and your underlying sarcasm in each post.

Search this Thread
Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread:
You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: My Tilt Steering Wheel...Your Thoughts?