996 Turbo / GT2 Turbo discussion on previous model 2000-2005 Porsche 911 Twin Turbo and 911 GT2.

My 996tt Jimmy's THE SHOP Norwalk CT k24's EVOMS stage 4

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 03-27-2007, 12:09 AM
PorschePhd has a reputation beyond reputePorschePhd has a reputation beyond reputePorschePhd has a reputation beyond reputePorschePhd has a reputation beyond reputePorschePhd has a reputation beyond reputePorschePhd has a reputation beyond reputePorschePhd has a reputation beyond reputePorschePhd has a reputation beyond reputePorschePhd has a reputation beyond reputePorschePhd has a reputation beyond reputePorschePhd has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by Dyno Flash

I don't know what could go wrong - are you saying they warranty the motors if they blow up or that they replace ecus that get fried?
Lots, and yes I warranty all of my work including the ECU.

Old 03-27-2007, 12:54 AM
Basic Sponsor
markski@markskituning Is a GOD !markski@markskituning Is a GOD !markski@markskituning Is a GOD !markski@markskituning Is a GOD !markski@markskituning Is a GOD !markski@markskituning Is a GOD !markski@markskituning Is a GOD !markski@markskituning Is a GOD !markski@markskituning Is a GOD !markski@markskituning Is a GOD !markski@markskituning Is a GOD !
The whole point of putting fans where most other tuners on this board put them... that way we could easily compare sheets one to another.... just for information purpose. thats all...

2001 996TT 3.6L and stock ECU
seconds @ 147.76 mph 1/4 mile
click to view
160 mph @ 9.77 seconds in 1/4 mile click to view
50% OFF ON PORSCHE ECU TUNING BLACK FRIDAY SPECIAL

Old 03-27-2007, 01:41 PM
Former Vendor
Josh/AWE Is a GOD !Josh/AWE Is a GOD !Josh/AWE Is a GOD !Josh/AWE Is a GOD !Josh/AWE Is a GOD !Josh/AWE Is a GOD !Josh/AWE Is a GOD !Josh/AWE Is a GOD !Josh/AWE Is a GOD !Josh/AWE Is a GOD !Josh/AWE Is a GOD !
What is the point of all of that ?

After all, what we are doing is testing to verify that an off the shelf reflash map sent by email and the parts installed are making power as advertised.

Are you foolish enough to ASSsume that we do not carefully road test each car to verify knock free and smooth operation on the road?
That's exactly my point. The car is not being driven on the road. Dyno scenarios are much different.

Plus, these later Porsche DME's are extremely sensitive to heat. Without proper cooling, you can easily be short changing your client on his dyno results.

Why would we need 10 fans blowing on the car? After all the tuning aspect of the project has already been competed and we have no tuneable parameters to adjust. That is the concept of a base flash - its already tuned.
See above.

Of course actual TUNING on a dyno - that is mapping an ecu would require different levels of thermal efficiency as you would expect the tuning could replicate real world conditions.

Correct me if I am missing something here.
You're spot on there.

However, you made classic errors that many shops make when dynoing a later Porsche.

Old 03-27-2007, 01:54 PM
Banned
Origyns 973 is a splendid one to beholdOrigyns 973 is a splendid one to beholdOrigyns 973 is a splendid one to beholdOrigyns 973 is a splendid one to beholdOrigyns 973 is a splendid one to beholdOrigyns 973 is a splendid one to beholdOrigyns 973 is a splendid one to behold
Originally Posted by Mike/A.W.E.
That's exactly my point. The car is not being driven on the road. Dyno scenarios are much different.

Plus, these later Porsche DME's are extremely sensitive to heat. Without proper cooling, you can easily be short changing your client on his dyno results.

See above.

You're spot on there.

However, you made classic errors that many shops make when dynoing a later Porsche.
Well put.

Old 03-27-2007, 02:02 PM
DEANWYSOCKI is an unknown quantity at this point
well, whatever, my shop was not "tuning" the car, just installing items that EVOMS provided ( produced by proper tuning somewhere down the line ) . I will take his notes against EVOMS notes and sleep well with an average. Stage 4 is feeling great, the larger k24's are sooo much better it's amazing.( which evoms swapped my k16s for a minimal charge ) He has a gt700 there that wants to return to stock. we may swap turbos for an even exchange.