996 Turbo / GT2 Turbo discussion on previous model 2000-2005 Porsche 911 Twin Turbo and 911 GT2.

1.3 bar in Detailer's car!

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 08-06-2003, 03:11 PM
Red Devil is a name known to allRed Devil is a name known to allRed Devil is a name known to allRed Devil is a name known to allRed Devil is a name known to allRed Devil is a name known to all
1.3 bar in Detailer's car!

I just returned from test-driving Andrew's recently modified Turbo and boy what a difference! It's louder than before and much faster. It now has pin you back in the seat power as we regularly and easily saw 1.0, with moments of higher and me getting a 1.3 at one point. How fast is it? I don't know, but it's MUCH quicker than before. Is it quicker than mine or Sean's? Couldn't say. They are all fast. I'm sure Sean will be as eager as Andrew to find out who is the de facto king of the group, while I'll be content to stay behind not knowing if it could be me(probably not anyway). The stock Turbo is a wonderful car, but these modified ones are just awesome. Too bad they charge an arm and a leg for the really good stuff.

Old 08-06-2003, 07:42 PM
drbill will become famous soon enough
kinda reminds me of my younger days when my friends competed for the fastest 10- speed bicycle! i'll just cruise along in my stock tt as happy as a man can be.if you guys really want to impress me forget about boost-let me see you bring your cars out next january after we have 6-8 inches of snow.

Old 08-07-2003, 05:13 AM
Red Devil is a name known to allRed Devil is a name known to allRed Devil is a name known to allRed Devil is a name known to allRed Devil is a name known to allRed Devil is a name known to all
OK tough guy, I refer you to the following picture:
http://community.webshots.com/photo/...63816225raTbxO
That's a frozen Cold Spring Harbor shot on a day it was zero degrees outside. Next time there's 6-8 inches I'm calling you to come over and plow my driveway and office parking lot with your chin spoiler. OOps, you didn't even get out of your own driveway!

Old 08-07-2003, 06:46 AM
This is true! i forgot about that one frigid day last winter. don't forget the reason i didn't lower my car so i can pick up some extra cash next winter clearing some driveways! lookin' forward to Saturday!

Old 08-07-2003, 08:31 AM
Sean is on a distinguished road
Re: 1.3 bar in Detailer's car!

Originally posted by Red Devil
I just returned from test-driving Andrew's recently modified Turbo and boy what a difference! It's louder than before and much faster. It now has pin you back in the seat power as we regularly and easily saw 1.0, with moments of higher and me getting a 1.3 at one point. How fast is it? I don't know, but it's MUCH quicker than before. Is it quicker than mine or Sean's? Couldn't say. They are all fast. I'm sure Sean will be as eager as Andrew to find out who is the de facto king of the group, while I'll be content to stay behind not knowing if it could be me(probably not anyway). The stock Turbo is a wonderful car, but these modified ones are just awesome. Too bad they charge an arm and a leg for the really good stuff.
mega congrats Andrew. I've never seen 1.3 on mine....sounds to me like Andrew is the newly crowned champ. I am however keen to see how much faster his car is than mine. We'll undoubedly find out on Saturday. Stay tuned

Old 08-07-2003, 10:52 AM
Sean, I don't think Andy will be coming Saturday. but this battle is really heating up-perhaps I should do the mod thing and join in this fun! engine mods about 10 grand with 2 days to go- think I could do it?

Old 08-07-2003, 11:33 AM
Andrew708
Hey Bill!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I think it could be done!!!!!!!!!!LOL!!!

Old 08-07-2003, 12:39 PM
Originally posted by drbill
Sean, I don't think Andy will be coming Saturday. but this battle is really heating up-perhaps I should do the mod thing and join in this fun! engine mods about 10 grand with 2 days to go- think I could do it?
Bill....I would whoeheartedly reccomend performance mods. As Jim pointed out on previous post, these cars are awesome stock and awesome squared w/ turbo upgrade. In terms of value for performance Andrew's approach is unbeatable. can't wait to see Andrew's revised beast in action....albeit I'll probaly only be able to observe from the rear.

Old 08-07-2003, 02:22 PM
car at the shop as we speak-turbos, ecu and dv's being done. will be ready to kick Sean,Andy and Jim's a-s -do you believe me? see you Saturday boys....

Old 08-07-2003, 02:44 PM
Originally posted by drbill
car at the shop as we speak-turbos, ecu and dv's being done. will be ready to kick Sean,Andy and Jim's a-s -do you believe me? see you Saturday boys....
welcome to the 500+ HP club Bill

Old 08-07-2003, 03:06 PM
Ken
Ken is a jewel in the roughKen is a jewel in the roughKen is a jewel in the roughKen is a jewel in the rough
What was the temperature when you were running 1.3 - was it cold (<60 degrees) or hot (>80 degrees)?

Old 08-07-2003, 03:12 PM
Andrew708
it was 80 degrees when i hit 1.3,then i did it again at night when it was 10 degrees cooler!

Old 08-08-2003, 02:11 AM
Ken
Ken is a jewel in the roughKen is a jewel in the roughKen is a jewel in the roughKen is a jewel in the rough
I was feeling pretty good about the easy 1.1 with a 1.2 in the cool mornings. Need to look for descrestionary funding to keep up. I wonder what I can get for a Steinway piano?

Anyone have 4 wheel dyno results after mods?