996 Turbo / GT2 Turbo discussion on previous model 2000-2005 Porsche 911 Twin Turbo and 911 GT2.

New guy intro from Milwaukee

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 04-26-2007, 08:02 PM
nitrorocket is on a distinguished road
New guy intro from Milwaukee

Hello, My name is scott and I too am a powerholic. I am from Milwaukee Wisconsin and am planning some type of TT Porsche project.
My current toy is a Protouring '71 Chevelle with a twin turbo LS1 making aprox 1000 hp on 93 octane . Has a 6 speed transmission. It sports the general goodies and has twin GT35R's, 96lb injectors and I run 19 psi of boost. I am all to familiar with fast turbo motors.

Forum looks cool and I see alot of great info on how to make a TT porsche move. I really like the 996 and would just be happy making about 500rwhp, I am sick of driving sideways!!

Last edited by nitrorocket; 04-27-2007 at 03:28 PM.
Old 04-26-2007, 08:13 PM
Jimbo has much to be proud ofJimbo has much to be proud ofJimbo has much to be proud ofJimbo has much to be proud ofJimbo has much to be proud ofJimbo has much to be proud ofJimbo has much to be proud ofJimbo has much to be proud ofJimbo has much to be proud ofJimbo has much to be proud of
When you want to come down to chi-town and make some money racing, let me know!

Old 04-26-2007, 10:44 PM
O-Ace will become famous soon enough
Welcome to 6Speed. 500 RWHP in a 996TT is a very simple recipe:
Diverter Valves + Exhaust + ECU Tuning. Hmm, that's about it I think

-Awais

Old 04-26-2007, 11:15 PM
Basic Sponsor
markski@markskituning Is a GOD !markski@markskituning Is a GOD !markski@markskituning Is a GOD !markski@markskituning Is a GOD !markski@markskituning Is a GOD !markski@markskituning Is a GOD !markski@markskituning Is a GOD !markski@markskituning Is a GOD !markski@markskituning Is a GOD !markski@markskituning Is a GOD !markski@markskituning Is a GOD !
WOW that is one awesome car....
talk to O-ACE... he has a nice 500 rwhp set up
markski

2001 996TT 3.6L and stock ECU
seconds @ 147.76 mph 1/4 mile
click to view
160 mph @ 9.77 seconds in 1/4 mile click to view
50% OFF ON PORSCHE ECU TUNING BLACK FRIDAY SPECIAL

Old 04-27-2007, 04:01 AM
WOODTSTER Is a GOD !WOODTSTER Is a GOD !WOODTSTER Is a GOD !WOODTSTER Is a GOD !WOODTSTER Is a GOD !WOODTSTER Is a GOD !WOODTSTER Is a GOD !WOODTSTER Is a GOD !WOODTSTER Is a GOD !WOODTSTER Is a GOD !WOODTSTER Is a GOD !
I really like your car and the fabrication under the hood looks first rate!
You are close to the two guys above and have more knowledge than
you could ask for within a couple hours drive. I also plan on being at
Road America on July 16/17 if you want to ride/drive my car.

Good luck you will love all the other fantastic performance apects of the P-car as compared to you burnout machine!

Marty

Old 04-27-2007, 12:07 PM
O-Ace will become famous soon enough
Originally Posted by WOODTSTER

Marty
What are you getting done at Protomotive? I might have to take you up on that drive offer @ Road America

Old 04-27-2007, 12:13 PM
JAY@BRANDYWINE is on a distinguished road
Lord all mighty that is a serious Chevy, welcome aboard, this forum will provide will all the info you need regarding the P-cars

Old 04-27-2007, 12:15 PM
BBGT2 Is a GOD !BBGT2 Is a GOD !BBGT2 Is a GOD !BBGT2 Is a GOD !BBGT2 Is a GOD !BBGT2 Is a GOD !BBGT2 Is a GOD !BBGT2 Is a GOD !BBGT2 Is a GOD !BBGT2 Is a GOD !BBGT2 Is a GOD !

Good luck you will love all the other fantastic performance apects of the P-car as compared to you burnout machine!

Marty
Hmmm, 6 speed meet anyone ????

Nitrorocket, welcome to the Six. Damn fine Chevelle you have there.

Old 04-27-2007, 12:16 PM
Jimbo has much to be proud ofJimbo has much to be proud ofJimbo has much to be proud ofJimbo has much to be proud ofJimbo has much to be proud ofJimbo has much to be proud ofJimbo has much to be proud ofJimbo has much to be proud ofJimbo has much to be proud ofJimbo has much to be proud of
Originally Posted by BBGT2
Hmmm, 6 speed meet anyone ????

Nitrorocket, welcome to the Six. Damn fine Chevelle you have there.
I'm in! I'll track the G-wagon for ya!

Old 04-27-2007, 12:45 PM
silver is a name known to allsilver is a name known to allsilver is a name known to allsilver is a name known to allsilver is a name known to allsilver is a name known to all
That motor looks sick! Very nice craftsmanship. Welcome to the board. You will be surprised at how fast a 500rwhp turbo is on the street. I know it is not as fast as what you are used to but it aint no slouch either. Again welcom!

Old 04-27-2007, 01:11 PM
MexicoBlue Is a GOD !MexicoBlue Is a GOD !MexicoBlue Is a GOD !MexicoBlue Is a GOD !MexicoBlue Is a GOD !MexicoBlue Is a GOD !MexicoBlue Is a GOD !MexicoBlue Is a GOD !MexicoBlue Is a GOD !MexicoBlue Is a GOD !MexicoBlue Is a GOD !
Beautiful Chevelle! Welcome to the 6.

Old 04-27-2007, 01:12 PM
WOODTSTER Is a GOD !WOODTSTER Is a GOD !WOODTSTER Is a GOD !WOODTSTER Is a GOD !WOODTSTER Is a GOD !WOODTSTER Is a GOD !WOODTSTER Is a GOD !WOODTSTER Is a GOD !WOODTSTER Is a GOD !WOODTSTER Is a GOD !WOODTSTER Is a GOD !
O-Ace, talk to Markski, he knows more about what I am having done than
I do, LOL!!

We have loosely talked about a Midwest meet this summer.
Another Idea is to all drive to Tire Rack then drive down to the INDY F1 race
in June.

MK

Old 04-27-2007, 01:13 PM
BBGT2 Is a GOD !BBGT2 Is a GOD !BBGT2 Is a GOD !BBGT2 Is a GOD !BBGT2 Is a GOD !BBGT2 Is a GOD !BBGT2 Is a GOD !BBGT2 Is a GOD !BBGT2 Is a GOD !BBGT2 Is a GOD !BBGT2 Is a GOD !
O-Ace, talk to Markski, he knows more about what I am having done than
I do, LOL!!

We have loosely talked about a Midwest meet this summer.
Another Idea is to all drive to Tire Rack then drive down to the INDY F1 race
in June.

MK
That sounded like me when I was getting my proto stuff for my GT2

Old 04-27-2007, 03:34 PM
nitrorocket is on a distinguished road
Thanks for the compliments guys!!

I am one of those people who can never have enough. My Chevelle started at 250 hp and now makes well over 1000 hp.
I figure the upgrade to a porsche will be worht having only 500rwhp. Right now at only 10 psi of boost the car traps 130mph!! I would be happy with that in the P-car, but we'll see.

So what does it take to make some huge power with the motor? Anybody making 700+ rwhp with just forged rods/pistons, 72 lb injectors, and bigger turbos and intercoolers?? What does a Flash cost? Any do it your selfers tune there own cars? I built and tuned my entire setup complete and enjoy that type of thing.

Oh... if it does not fall through, the car will be sold next weekend. Then I will see what I am going to buy for a project.

Old 04-27-2007, 05:12 PM
Basic Sponsor
markski@markskituning Is a GOD !markski@markskituning Is a GOD !markski@markskituning Is a GOD !markski@markskituning Is a GOD !markski@markskituning Is a GOD !markski@markskituning Is a GOD !markski@markskituning Is a GOD !markski@markskituning Is a GOD !markski@markskituning Is a GOD !markski@markskituning Is a GOD !markski@markskituning Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by nitrorocket
Thanks for the compliments guys!!

So what does it take to make some huge power with the motor? Anybody making 700+ rwhp with just forged rods/pistons, 72 lb injectors, and bigger turbos and intercoolers?? What does a Flash cost? Any do it your selfers tune there own cars? I built and tuned my entire setup complete and enjoy that type of thing.
In this case I must tell you that there is no stand alone and or software that allows the end user to tune the car. Thus you are obligated to buy the whole tuning kit from the tuner. you can make 600 to 700 rwhp on a stock motor but that will cost around $30K to $40 K with labor depending on which tuner you go with. If you want a Rod and Piston job without headwork that can go up to $15K. Then an head job is another 5K. But then at this point will need a whole different fuel system and it will set u back another $5 at least.
In opinion, since ur local, come down to ChICAGO one day... we have a 600 crank HP car, a 640 crank HP, car... and a 1000 HP car... then you see the difference... Soon Marty(woodster) will have a 600 rwhp car as well.
The best money spent will be ur trip to drive the cars... then u can honestly decide what you want to do.
markski

2001 996TT 3.6L and stock ECU
seconds @ 147.76 mph 1/4 mile
click to view
160 mph @ 9.77 seconds in 1/4 mile click to view
50% OFF ON PORSCHE ECU TUNING BLACK FRIDAY SPECIAL

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: New guy intro from Milwaukee