996 Turbo / GT2 Turbo discussion on previous model 2000-2005 Porsche 911 Twin Turbo and 911 GT2.

Fine tuned EVO/Imagine GT2 Tuning - Killer Angel, move to the right lane

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 04-03-2004, 08:29 PM
Duane has much to be proud ofDuane has much to be proud ofDuane has much to be proud ofDuane has much to be proud ofDuane has much to be proud ofDuane has much to be proud ofDuane has much to be proud ofDuane has much to be proud ofDuane has much to be proud of
Todd did you get my pm?

Old 04-03-2004, 08:38 PM
Basic Sponsor
Evolution MotorSports Is a GOD !Evolution MotorSports Is a GOD !Evolution MotorSports Is a GOD !Evolution MotorSports Is a GOD !Evolution MotorSports Is a GOD !Evolution MotorSports Is a GOD !Evolution MotorSports Is a GOD !Evolution MotorSports Is a GOD !Evolution MotorSports Is a GOD !Evolution MotorSports Is a GOD !Evolution MotorSports Is a GOD !
Yup

F: 480.317.9901
E: info@evoms.com
Home of the Worlds Fastest 997TT Porsche(s)
997TT Standing Mile = 234.6 MPH
997TT Standing 1/2 Mile = 217.09 MPH
Fastest 1/4 Mile = 9.29 @ 172.7 MPH
60-130 MPH Time = 3.28 Seconds
Old 04-03-2004, 09:07 PM
sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !
Heya Todd/Stephen, congrats on those numbers. Nasty *** GT2 shank...

PS If Garrett plus you guys have any new insight on doing the dyno to the tip lemme know Might be worth giving it a shot... Course you've already got 6speed version of the same car dynoed and you said it was plenty rich

Last edited by sharkster; 04-03-2004 at 09:11 PM.
Old 04-03-2004, 09:23 PM
Basic Sponsor
Evolution MotorSports Is a GOD !Evolution MotorSports Is a GOD !Evolution MotorSports Is a GOD !Evolution MotorSports Is a GOD !Evolution MotorSports Is a GOD !Evolution MotorSports Is a GOD !Evolution MotorSports Is a GOD !Evolution MotorSports Is a GOD !Evolution MotorSports Is a GOD !Evolution MotorSports Is a GOD !Evolution MotorSports Is a GOD !
Hey Alex, what are you doing next weekend???

F: 480.317.9901
E: info@evoms.com
Home of the Worlds Fastest 997TT Porsche(s)
997TT Standing Mile = 234.6 MPH
997TT Standing 1/2 Mile = 217.09 MPH
Fastest 1/4 Mile = 9.29 @ 172.7 MPH
60-130 MPH Time = 3.28 Seconds
Old 04-03-2004, 09:48 PM
cjv
cjv Is a GOD !cjv Is a GOD !cjv Is a GOD !cjv Is a GOD !cjv Is a GOD !cjv Is a GOD !cjv Is a GOD !cjv Is a GOD !cjv Is a GOD !cjv Is a GOD !cjv Is a GOD !
Originally posted by Todd @ EVO
Well put Stephen. Not sure why ALL the hostility Why is this so hard to believe??? Last month we were at 620 RWHP on our Dynojet in AZ. This is an "evolution" of what we learned last week, last month, last year, last 10 years. Next month we will be at 670 rwhp I have a car that will be getting some more "love" and I am sure we will be there and maybe beyond. Cant we all just get along?
Todd,

I use to have an open book. You don't have to go back any further than the pre shootout days to find out why that changed. If you want to see what openess still looks like take a look at what EL750 has shared with the cooperation of TTP. I commend Elliot and never dreamed a German company would share that type of information. My respect of TTP grew greatly.

I actually was able to learn many things. They established their credibility very fast with prompt, no nonsense in depth answers. This thread has 1400+ views and sixty-seven replies. I ask, what does anyone really know about what was done to Ryan's car. I'm still not even sure how to judge or compare the numbers. By the way, we still have never seen a Dynojet run of Buddy's Stage V. The last I heard was you were moving and didn't have your dyno set up. It sounds like it is set up now. Second thought, I wasn't going to ask any more questions......forget I even asked.

Last edited by cjv; 04-03-2004 at 10:14 PM.
Old 04-03-2004, 10:38 PM
Frosty has much to be proud ofFrosty has much to be proud ofFrosty has much to be proud ofFrosty has much to be proud ofFrosty has much to be proud ofFrosty has much to be proud ofFrosty has much to be proud ofFrosty has much to be proud ofFrosty has much to be proud of
What "stage" is Shank running? Is it a Stage 4 with new tuning?

Old 04-03-2004, 10:52 PM
SHANKENFELTER has much to be proud ofSHANKENFELTER has much to be proud ofSHANKENFELTER has much to be proud ofSHANKENFELTER has much to be proud ofSHANKENFELTER has much to be proud ofSHANKENFELTER has much to be proud ofSHANKENFELTER has much to be proud ofSHANKENFELTER has much to be proud ofSHANKENFELTER has much to be proud ofSHANKENFELTER has much to be proud of
Chad,

It seems you are upset about something. Can you please clarify what it is?

Your comments towards GIAC programming and HP / Tuning achievements made by GIAC seem condescending (perhaps its the way I interpret it). You make it sound like GIAC can't possibly (on this planet) achieve what ScarGo had on your car. Why is that? I really think you need to make arrangements to bring the car to Chicago, because I do invite you to a shootout (Which I will not back out of like you did for European car mag shootout) My main reason for this, is to "model" and "test" the car in its performance against a super tuned car like your beast. Also, perhaps you will open your eyes to a simpler approach to high HP capabilities, like that of Imagine.

Now I may sound a bit defensive, but it is because of this; The minute you (as always) are in doubt of GIAC's (EVO/IMAGINE) tuning accomplishments, I feel a bit down because I did spend the all mighty buck there. What good are all the facts and figures and information you seek, when your car barely sees the cement.

Come to Chicago bud. Come to papa.

I sincerely congratulate your acheivments on your car.

-Rs

Old 04-03-2004, 10:56 PM
SHANKENFELTER has much to be proud ofSHANKENFELTER has much to be proud ofSHANKENFELTER has much to be proud ofSHANKENFELTER has much to be proud ofSHANKENFELTER has much to be proud ofSHANKENFELTER has much to be proud ofSHANKENFELTER has much to be proud ofSHANKENFELTER has much to be proud ofSHANKENFELTER has much to be proud ofSHANKENFELTER has much to be proud of
Originally posted by Frosty
What "stage" is Shank running? Is it a Stage 4 with new tuning?
Stage4GT , custom programmed

Old 04-03-2004, 11:14 PM
sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !
Originally posted by Todd @ EVO
Hey Alex, what are you doing next weekend???
Heya Todd, I'd really really love to come. I've been swamped with work (another cover story) so I'm going to try and get that done so I can. Seems like it'd be such a fun trip out there...

Old 04-04-2004, 12:10 AM
RacerX can only hope to improve
OK someone help me out here PLEASE...... WHO OR WHAT THE HELL IS KILLER ANGEL???????And what's this all about dyno's being out of calibration and graphs that arnt true or cant be true....IM TRUELY LOST??!!??

Old 04-04-2004, 03:40 AM
Crash is an unknown quantity at this point
Originally posted by RacerX
OK someone help me out here PLEASE...... WHO OR WHAT THE HELL IS KILLER ANGEL???????And what's this all about dyno's being out of calibration and graphs that arnt true or cant be true....IM TRUELY LOST??!!??
I believe that´s Chad´s 996TT. Some people also claim that it´s the name of the engine. Anyway, I don´t know why there´s such a fuss about that car. It´s stock, dang it!

Old 04-04-2004, 04:57 AM
Michael W. will become famous soon enoughMichael W. will become famous soon enough
Originally posted by ShankGT2
Stage4GT , custom programmed
Stage 4GT is supposed to be 640 fwhp. How is it you are gettng over 600 rwhp? What did they adjust in the programming to get this, and can they apply this to a TT?

-- Michael

Old 04-04-2004, 06:16 AM
EL750 is on a distinguished road
I hope all challenges are in good spirit. This has been a great forum that has provided me with great insight. I believe on the other hand that tuners have the right to keep some things private since this is their livelihood and they have to maintain some comparative advantage. I shared my info in a quest to receive all the feedback I could. There has been great support from many of you and at the end of the day this has been part of the fun. It seems like Todd has been able to push the envelope to another level, which is great. I think his mods are posted inpublic as well. The development of the electronics has to be the most difficult part in an upgrade. Well done guys. Can't wait for 0-200mph numbers.

Old 04-04-2004, 07:22 AM
Originally posted by EL750
I hope all challenges are in good spirit. There has been great support from many of you and at the end of the day this has been part of the fun. It seems like Todd has been able to push the envelope to another level, which is great. I think his mods are posted inpublic as well. The development of the electronics has to be the most difficult part in an upgrade. Well done guys. Can't wait for 0-200mph numbers.
It is in good spirit. I just wish Chad comes to Chicago, and I think it would be a blast to have 2 silver bullets go head to head. We've known each other for a few years via rennlist, funcars, and now here. I have learned many things from Chad, and he has saved me tons of $ learning from what works, what doesn't. I think The Killer Angel and the Shankenfelter GT2 needs to have a good clean shootout, but this time Chad....... midwest buddy. Deep Dish Pizza on me.
"Road Rage: 2WD vs AWD"

RS

Old 04-04-2004, 07:43 AM
cjv
cjv Is a GOD !cjv Is a GOD !cjv Is a GOD !cjv Is a GOD !cjv Is a GOD !cjv Is a GOD !cjv Is a GOD !cjv Is a GOD !cjv Is a GOD !cjv Is a GOD !cjv Is a GOD !
Originally posted by ShankGT2
Chad,

It seems you are upset about something. Can you please clarify what it is?

Your comments towards GIAC programming and HP / Tuning achievements made by GIAC seem condescending (perhaps its the way I interpret it). You make it sound like GIAC can't possibly (on this planet) achieve what ScarGo had on your car. Why is that? I really think you need to make arrangements to bring the car to Chicago, because I do invite you to a shootout (Which I will not back out of like you did for European car mag shootout) My main reason for this, is to "model" and "test" the car in its performance against a super tuned car like your beast. Also, perhaps you will open your eyes to a simpler approach to high HP capabilities, like that of Imagine.

Now I may sound a bit defensive, but it is because of this; The minute you (as always) are in doubt of GIAC's (EVO/IMAGINE) tuning accomplishments, I feel a bit down because I did spend the all mighty buck there. What good are all the facts and figures and information you seek, when your car barely sees the cement.

Come to Chicago bud. Come to papa.

I sincerely congratulate your acheivments on your car.

-Rs
Ryan,

You were going to bring your car to California over one year ago. Now you change your mind? I had several PM's last night and everyone one of them said Shank would not do this, he will use coming to California as an excuse.

You want to put conditions on what part of my motor I can and can not use. How about the suspension and handling department, you want to put restrictions there also? When you are really serious, find your way to California.

Regarding GIAC, they have nothing to do with the latest issues. Todd's making the statement that he is too tired or can't remember what correction factor's are being used is BS. I noticed he wasn't too tired to stay on the forum as he showed as visiting for some time after the comment. It is my opinion he knew exactly what correction factors he used. Stephen says SAE 1990 and your sheets say DIN, you show a GT2 at 430 rwhp which leads me to again suspect it is not SAE 1990 Rev numbers. Yes, I have alot of doubt regarding what is being presented.

Last edited by cjv; 04-04-2004 at 07:52 AM.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Fine tuned EVO/Imagine GT2 Tuning - Killer Angel, move to the right lane