996 Turbo / GT2 Turbo discussion on previous model 2000-2005 Porsche 911 Twin Turbo and 911 GT2.

Evo Adjustable Westgates Question

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 07-09-2007, 11:25 AM
Billystang is infamous around these parts
Evo Adjustable Westgates Question

I just order a set of EVO adjustable westgates for my K24s.
Do i have to do any adjusting before installation?
I hope i dont need to send my Ecu for reflash.
Thanks in advance
Bill

Old 07-09-2007, 12:03 PM
kayman is on a distinguished road
yes the wastegates need to be adjusted. No reflash needed.

Old 07-09-2007, 12:15 PM
paneraiwatches is a splendid one to beholdpaneraiwatches is a splendid one to beholdpaneraiwatches is a splendid one to beholdpaneraiwatches is a splendid one to beholdpaneraiwatches is a splendid one to beholdpaneraiwatches is a splendid one to behold
if you do a quick search there are a few threads with the instructions to adjust them

Old 07-09-2007, 12:17 PM
benguss is on a distinguished road
I have the same recently installed and I am having a heck of a time adjusting them. I set them at the "lowest" setting ie. right when the valve is closed and adjusting them to that setting and I'm overboasting and can't go full throttle. I adjust them with some tension and overboosting more. I made sure that the vacum line was not kinked. I'm now waiting for the rain to stop to go try them out. Anybody have any ideas. I now trying different chip settings I am having these problems with stock settings ie. 550hp and am waiting to try out the full 600hp setting.

Old 07-09-2007, 12:31 PM
paneraiwatches is a splendid one to beholdpaneraiwatches is a splendid one to beholdpaneraiwatches is a splendid one to beholdpaneraiwatches is a splendid one to beholdpaneraiwatches is a splendid one to beholdpaneraiwatches is a splendid one to behold
try this thread some good information

https://www.6speedonline.com/forums/...evo+wastegates

Old 07-09-2007, 03:36 PM
thanx, reading now, trying to find out if it's another prob, cuz I've been doing the adjustment with bicycle pump and gage and can't find the sweet spot.

Old 07-09-2007, 04:27 PM
oak
oak has much to be proud ofoak has much to be proud ofoak has much to be proud ofoak has much to be proud ofoak has much to be proud ofoak has much to be proud ofoak has much to be proud ofoak has much to be proud of
they are designed for evo programming. stock or other programs may have "issues" with overboosting. you may get them to adjust in to certain ambient temps but once the air becomes crisp you will have overboost limp noodles.

Old 07-09-2007, 05:02 PM
Bodybag has a spectacular aura aboutBodybag has a spectacular aura about
^^^^

Wastegate actuators are just dumb mechanical devices - They are completely indifferent to who's tuning is on the car, stock or otherwise.

Old 07-09-2007, 05:27 PM
oak
oak has much to be proud ofoak has much to be proud ofoak has much to be proud ofoak has much to be proud ofoak has much to be proud ofoak has much to be proud ofoak has much to be proud ofoak has much to be proud of
the evo programs that use the 1.0 wg's has a higher threshold for overboost. most other programs do not, or some are more sensitive to overboost and will go to limp mode at 1.3 or more. in most na climates if you adjust the wg's to 1.3 in the middle of summer temps and you boost the same at mid winter temps you will most likely go limp due to overboost.

YOU NEED THEM! MAD POWER!

Old 07-09-2007, 05:38 PM
DERBOOST is a glorious beacon of lightDERBOOST is a glorious beacon of lightDERBOOST is a glorious beacon of lightDERBOOST is a glorious beacon of lightDERBOOST is a glorious beacon of light
Just set them to 11.5 psi at .002-.005 movement, this should produce 1.2 bar with k24's. 12 psi will get you 1.3 bar.. this at 75 deg F @ 2850 ft alt

Old 07-09-2007, 05:43 PM
oak
easier said than done. if you have evo prg it might be ok. no evo prg or prg with not overboost overhead guarantee if temps drop to low 60's you will ob limp noodles sea level. at that point you will have to back down the wg's and there is no gain. mad power.

Last edited by oak; 07-09-2007 at 05:47 PM.
Old 07-09-2007, 06:00 PM
kayman is on a distinguished road
anyone know what the overboost tolerance is on the GIAC k24 software?

Old 07-22-2007, 08:07 PM
just finished installing the new EVO westgates.
I dont like the rods how they are setup.
Why they did not upgrade the westgates and live the rods the same way as the original k24s?
Just did my first test drive and im getting so far up to 1.1 bar at 4th and fifth gear
I will call EVO tommorow to ask about the rods,and for some reason i cant adjust them at least the driver side any more the nut is at the end of the rod.

Old 07-23-2007, 09:45 AM
billystang, I have the same issue with the threads, even with the barrel nut adjusting the rods in, and after track use the rods are loose but as long as the locking clip is on no adjustment change. But everytime I heat the engine up the barrel nut and lock nuts come loose.

Old 07-23-2007, 09:59 AM
Benguss
i made a apointment with a mechanic to go adjust the westgates evenly.
what about some thread glue (LOCTITE )that should help your problem.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Evo Adjustable Westgates Question