996 Turbo / GT2 Turbo discussion on previous model 2000-2005 Porsche 911 Twin Turbo and 911 GT2.

porsche infant/child seat

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 09-02-2007, 10:52 AM
clmat is on a distinguished road
Question porsche infant/child seat

anyone currently using the porsche brand for 996 have an opinion on it?

Old 09-02-2007, 09:25 PM
porschedude996T is just really niceporschedude996T is just really niceporschedude996T is just really niceporschedude996T is just really niceporschedude996T is just really nice
Sorry, past the baby years... Hoo-Yah

Old 09-02-2007, 09:29 PM
chaud
Great Quality... I've got one that I no longer need if you're interested, PM me...

Old 09-08-2007, 01:59 PM
tropic1.8t is on a distinguished road
if he doesnt want it let me know...

thanks

Old 09-08-2007, 02:54 PM
PorschePhd has a reputation beyond reputePorschePhd has a reputation beyond reputePorschePhd has a reputation beyond reputePorschePhd has a reputation beyond reputePorschePhd has a reputation beyond reputePorschePhd has a reputation beyond reputePorschePhd has a reputation beyond reputePorschePhd has a reputation beyond reputePorschePhd has a reputation beyond reputePorschePhd has a reputation beyond reputePorschePhd has a reputation beyond repute
Britax works like a champ and is the same brand Porsche uses. They just relable their stuff. Same seat without the Porsche logos.

Old 09-09-2007, 06:22 AM
Originally Posted by PorschePhd
Britax works like a champ and is the same brand Porsche uses. They just relable their stuff. Same seat without the Porsche logos.
i need the buckle attched to the seat to plug into the Deactivation bar.

Old 09-09-2007, 08:38 AM
PorschePhd has a reputation beyond reputePorschePhd has a reputation beyond reputePorschePhd has a reputation beyond reputePorschePhd has a reputation beyond reputePorschePhd has a reputation beyond reputePorschePhd has a reputation beyond reputePorschePhd has a reputation beyond reputePorschePhd has a reputation beyond reputePorschePhd has a reputation beyond reputePorschePhd has a reputation beyond reputePorschePhd has a reputation beyond repute
You can also go to the dealer and have them disable it without the bar!

Old 09-09-2007, 09:39 AM
Freier is on a distinguished road
Great insight Stephen. Do you know which Britax model Porsche OEM's?

Thanks!
Scott

Old 09-09-2007, 07:16 PM
It has been a while since I have used the whole seat. It is the only one Babies R Us sells.

Old 09-09-2007, 11:12 PM
Freier is on a distinguished road
Great, thanks Stephen. Looks like I'm going to have drop off duty for a spell, this thread's timing was perfect.

Cheers,
Scott

Old 09-09-2007, 11:17 PM
clmat is on a distinguished road
thanks guys for the feedback I have the britax models marathon and husky
the marathon didnt work to well in the cabriolet will try in the tt.

Old 09-10-2007, 06:03 AM
Originally Posted by PorschePhd
You can also go to the dealer and have them disable it without the bar!

what dealers do that, and how?
The dealers i have and do work at never offered this service.....

Old 09-10-2007, 06:20 AM
Wheelman is on a distinguished road
Which Britax models work in the 996 cab rear seats for kids 2-3 years old? I bought Graco boosters from Wal-Mart and they are too big for the rear seat pad bottom.

Old 09-10-2007, 07:03 AM
TD in DC is on a distinguished road
It makes a big difference if you are talking about an infant seat of the child seats.

Britax makes equivalent infant seats. If you must put the infant in the front seat (which of course you should not if at all possible), you can buy a britax and install the front seat airbag deactivation system . . . or just get the porsche seat with the compatible deactivation.

Britax does NOT make a seat that is the equivalent of the Porsche Plus/Junior children's seats.

My kids fight over the Porsche seat. They are all big enough that they can use booster seats now (4 year old daughter and 3 year old identical twin boys), so I use the Britax Parkway in the back of the 997 (remove bottom seat cushions, which are just velcroed in in the 996s and 997s). The reason I use the Parkway is that the backrest is thinner, which gives the back seat more leg room. Ironically, we use the Porsche seats in the Sienna, and this is where the kids all fight over them. The seats are very comfortable, and they have a rod attachment mechanism that ensures the seat fastens to the latch attachment points correctly every time. I have not seen any other seat that offers this function. The seats are also capable of expansion over time and they seem to offer good side protection. Only downside is expense.

Last edited by TD in DC; 09-10-2007 at 07:05 AM.
Old 09-10-2007, 07:15 AM
Wheelman is on a distinguished road
Yeah, I would not put any of the kids in the front seat yet, but just the rear..So the Britax Parkway works if the bottom seat cushions are removed. I just wanted to make sure it fits...thanks

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: porsche infant/child seat