996 Turbo Vendor Classifieds

Performance Friction 996TT Replacement Disc Proposal

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 04-22-2009, 09:10 PM
Banned
michael@mbs will become famous soon enoughmichael@mbs will become famous soon enough
Performance Friction 996TT Replacement Disc Proposal

Hello everyone!

We have been working with PFC (Performance Friction) over the past several weeks on an offering for Floating disc assemblies (Discs, Hats and hardware) to replace your stock Rotors.

We are looking at a price point of about $ 2,200.00 for front and rear. The rears will have a "drum" to accommodate the stock E-brake. We will probably be offering a "package deal" which will include pads in an effort to make the overall cost more attractive. We need 20 orders to get this off the ground.

For those not familiar with Performance Friction, PFC discs have become the standard at the highest levels of professional motorsports. PFC discs are used throughout Nascar with this attachment system, which was developed specifically to eliminate vibration, pulsation, cracking, and excessive weight. They're used by many of the Cup, Nationwide, and Truck teams including Roush Racing, Yates Racing, Evernham, KHI, and many others. PFC discs are also used throughout the highest levels of road racing including by the majority of Daytona Prototype, Koni Challenge, Atlantic, Formula Nippon, JGTC, F3, Star Mazda, and former Cart competitors to name a few. Ganassi Racing has used them to win multiple DP Championships, and the 24 Hours of Daytona 3 years in a row. In GT500, 60% of the field ran PFC discs in 2008, while 93% were on PFC pads. As for F1, it is the only non carbon brake disc package on the track.....as they are used on the AMG Pace car!

It should also be noted that each and every component found around the globe bearing the Performance Friction name was produced in house at one production facility in Clover, South Carolina, and was manufactured under the most stringent quality standards in the industry.

Looking for a show of hands to get a feel for where we might be.

Thanks!

Old 04-22-2009, 09:48 PM
boss351 is just really niceboss351 is just really niceboss351 is just really niceboss351 is just really nice
Glad to see you on 6 speed now Michael. I hope this product drums up the support that I think it is hard to deny it deserves.

How soon could these be available once you/PFC see enough interest?

Just to give us an idea about the amount of road/track car guys using PFC rotors, how long have they been available say for the GT3's (996/997) and about how many cars are out there running them?

What other road going cars are also proving to be popular runners of PFC rotors?

Old 04-22-2009, 10:32 PM
Banned
michael@mbs will become famous soon enoughmichael@mbs will become famous soon enough
Thanks for the warm welcome boss351.

Once we have 20 confirmed orders, it will take about 7 weeks for production.

As far as the GT3s are concerned, PFC has been making disc assemblies for years. There are hundreds out there. Not to mention the 1999-2005 Porsche 996 C2/C4/Boxster S applications.

As far as other road/track going cars are concerned...

Nissan GT-R, please see pics in link below. This is exactly the same design as we are proposing for the 996TT
https://www.6speedonline.com/forums/...ml#post2357234

Acura
BMW
Corvette
Mustang
Mitsubishi
Jaguar
Infiniti
Subaru

That's just to mention comparable 2-piece disc assemblies. PFC of course makes numerous replacement discs.

Last edited by michael@mbs; 04-22-2009 at 11:47 PM.
Old 04-23-2009, 10:08 AM
Former Vendor
Josh/AWE Is a GOD !Josh/AWE Is a GOD !Josh/AWE Is a GOD !Josh/AWE Is a GOD !Josh/AWE Is a GOD !Josh/AWE Is a GOD !Josh/AWE Is a GOD !Josh/AWE Is a GOD !Josh/AWE Is a GOD !Josh/AWE Is a GOD !Josh/AWE Is a GOD !
+1 for PFC.

I have used a variety of different track pads on various cars. None had the pedal feel and bite of the PFC.

It is my "go to" pad for track days.

Last edited by Josh/AWE; 04-24-2009 at 12:29 PM.
Old 04-23-2009, 10:54 AM
Banned
Originally Posted by Mike/A.W.E.
+1 for PFC.

I have used a variety of different track pads on various cars. None had the pedal feel and bit of the PFC.

It is my go to pad for track days.
Great to hear!

Old 04-24-2009, 01:44 PM
Former Vendor
Josh/AWE Is a GOD !Josh/AWE Is a GOD !Josh/AWE Is a GOD !Josh/AWE Is a GOD !Josh/AWE Is a GOD !Josh/AWE Is a GOD !Josh/AWE Is a GOD !Josh/AWE Is a GOD !Josh/AWE Is a GOD !Josh/AWE Is a GOD !Josh/AWE Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by michael@mbs
Great to hear!
LOL. This is .

Someone gave me a negative rep point for apparently liking your products.

Friggin' absurd...

Old 04-24-2009, 05:09 PM
gareycooper is on a distinguished road
Can one purchase just the rears only and be a part of the group buy. I just purchased the replacement front rotors from Brembo so the timing was off a little for that end of the car.

Old 04-25-2009, 12:26 AM
Banned
Originally Posted by Mike/A.W.E.
LOL. This is .

Someone gave me a negative rep point for apparently liking your products.

Friggin' absurd...
Unbelievable........

Just rolled into Thunderhill Raceway in Northern Ca. Trying to get caught up on the forums. You can send that negative rep point to me if you wish, we can take it!! LOL

Old 04-25-2009, 12:31 AM
Banned
Originally Posted by gareycooper
Can one purchase just the rears only and be a part of the group buy. I just purchased the replacement front rotors from Brembo so the timing was off a little for that end of the car.
I hate to say this but as part of the group buy probably not. If for some reason something changes, I'll let you know.

Thanks

Old 04-27-2009, 03:35 PM
roadsterdoc is a splendid one to beholdroadsterdoc is a splendid one to beholdroadsterdoc is a splendid one to beholdroadsterdoc is a splendid one to beholdroadsterdoc is a splendid one to beholdroadsterdoc is a splendid one to beholdroadsterdoc is a splendid one to behold
Add me to the list!

Old 04-27-2009, 03:52 PM
Banned
Originally Posted by roadsterdoc
Add me to the list!
You're on the list!

Thanks

Old 04-27-2009, 10:35 PM
roadsterdoc is a splendid one to beholdroadsterdoc is a splendid one to beholdroadsterdoc is a splendid one to beholdroadsterdoc is a splendid one to beholdroadsterdoc is a splendid one to beholdroadsterdoc is a splendid one to beholdroadsterdoc is a splendid one to behold
Are pads included? How much are replacement discs?

Thanks,
Chris

Old 04-28-2009, 04:49 PM
Banned
Originally Posted by roadsterdoc
Are pads included? How much are replacement discs?

Thanks,
Chris
Hi Chris, the pads will not be included for that price. We will be offering a "package deal" however. We are up to about 8 committed, we still need more guys/gals to commit.

Replacement Disc price will be a little less than $ 300.00 ea

Thanks

Old 04-29-2009, 06:49 AM
Banned
Alright guys, we have 8 commitments. I need 4 more to make this happen, I'll stock the additional 8 to make the 20 PFC requires. Let's see if we can get this going!

Thanks

Old 05-12-2009, 01:49 PM
Let's make this happen people. Best rotors, best price. Do it!!!

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Performance Friction 996TT Replacement Disc Proposal