996 Previous model naturally aspirated Porsche 911 community. Discuss C2, C2s, C4, C4s, Targa and Cabriolets.

Getting a fix-it ticket signed off

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 07-22-2004, 10:55 AM
Porsche Chick
RobynC will become famous soon enoughRobynC will become famous soon enough
Getting a fix-it ticket signed off

Well...here I am yet again the night before I am to get my ticket paid and I have STILL not fixed my issues. Cursing beneath my breath...because God forbid I am actually breaking a sweat in the garage which is 115 degrees...as I am trying to get my license plate back on. NOT working! I am unable to get the thing to stay on...I think it has something to do with the new bumper. Not to mention I popped the paint off of Bumper Plug while trying to remove them! Anyhow, I throw the thing in the front seat and head off to the PD.

A block before I get there, I put it on, and drive slow and avoid bumps so it won't fall off...this is absolutely a comedy of errors!! I pull into the PD...scrape the heck out of my front lip...OUCH!! I swear, I can "feel" it when I do that! And walk around trying to find someone, anyone who will sign off on my ticket! Geez! Finally a very nice police man comes along and I ask if he would mind signing off on my ticket. He obliges, even after pointing out he is 'off duty'. We get to my car...and he is like..."WOW...this is yours ? Explained to him that I didn't have time to remove the tint...bought it this way..she's been in the body shop...I'm SOOOOOO sorry officer...but I do have my front plate on, and would you sign off on at least that portion?? He signs off the ENTIRE ticket!!!

Moral of the story....

Fix it ticket $10, new Bumper Plugs $25...seeing the Officer's face when he realized what this lady drives...absolutely priceless!!

From my camera phone, nothing ruins a front of a Porsche like a license plate! Ick!!

And here is that window tint...that I had "fixed"!!!

I needed something good to happen this week...thank you Manteca PD!

Old 07-22-2004, 11:09 AM
CA 996 is on a distinguished road
Robyn get mine fixed too.

Old 07-22-2004, 11:13 AM
russbert is on a distinguished road
Thumbs up

RobynC,

I would have LOVED to have seen his face as well. You're absolutely right .... Priceless!
We get to my car...and he is like..."WOW...this is yours ?

Old 07-22-2004, 11:27 AM
dpblessing is on a distinguished road
It does not want to stick to rejex

Old 07-22-2004, 11:36 AM
Porsche Chick
Originally posted by dpblessing
It does not want to stick to rejex

I haven't been able to rejex anything yet! I think it was "user" error! I don't work well when I'm hot! No patience!

Old 07-22-2004, 06:32 PM
Former Vendor
Eric (Plug Guy) has a reputation beyond reputeEric (Plug Guy) has a reputation beyond reputeEric (Plug Guy) has a reputation beyond reputeEric (Plug Guy) has a reputation beyond reputeEric (Plug Guy) has a reputation beyond reputeEric (Plug Guy) has a reputation beyond reputeEric (Plug Guy) has a reputation beyond reputeEric (Plug Guy) has a reputation beyond reputeEric (Plug Guy) has a reputation beyond reputeEric (Plug Guy) has a reputation beyond reputeEric (Plug Guy) has a reputation beyond repute
Replacement plugs are on me... no charge!

Email me, eric@bumperplugs.com

Old 07-22-2004, 10:37 PM
L.A. Cab is on a distinguished road
Great story Robyn, thanks for sharing...

hope you are well...

Old 07-22-2004, 11:16 PM
LVDell is on a distinguished road
Way to go Eric.....quite the philanthropist!

Old 07-23-2004, 12:51 AM
Porsche Chick
Originally posted by Eric (Plug Guy)
Replacement plugs are on me... no charge!

Email me, eric@bumperplugs.com
WOW!!! Thank you Eric!! That is VERY generous and kind of you! You're the best, as always!

Old 07-23-2004, 01:02 AM
Craig Is a GOD !Craig Is a GOD !Craig Is a GOD !Craig Is a GOD !Craig Is a GOD !Craig Is a GOD !Craig Is a GOD !Craig Is a GOD !Craig Is a GOD !Craig Is a GOD !Craig Is a GOD !
I have used Eric's bumper plugs for temporary license place attachments as well -- they work great.

A few months ago, I received a ticket for BOTH no front plate and tint. However, for some odd reason, the police officer wrote up the tint as fine only (no fix it), whereas the no front plate required a fix. I plugged on a front plate and went to my local CHP office (tinted windows rolled down), but the officer refused to sign off because the tint remained (he asked me and I didn't lie). I explained that, according to the ticket, I wasn't required to remove the tint. He didn't care and refused to sign off on my ticket. I promptly drove to the next closest CHP office. The CHP officer there also asked about the tint. I responded that, although I wasn't required to have it removed according to the ticket, I have an appointment that afternoon to get it removed (ok, I lied). He signed off and away I went (removed the front plate a block away and re-inserted my bumper plugs sans plate).

Craig

Last edited by Craig; 07-23-2004 at 01:05 AM.
Old 07-23-2004, 03:01 AM
OKHJOON190 is on a distinguished road
Originally posted by Craig
I have used Eric's bumper plugs for temporary license place attachments as well -- they work great.

A few months ago, I received a ticket for BOTH no front plate and tint. However, for some odd reason, the police officer wrote up the tint as fine only (no fix it), whereas the no front plate required a fix. I plugged on a front plate and went to my local CHP office (tinted windows rolled down), but the officer refused to sign off because the tint remained (he asked me and I didn't lie). I explained that, according to the ticket, I wasn't required to remove the tint. He didn't care and refused to sign off on my ticket. I promptly drove to the next closest CHP office. The CHP officer there also asked about the tint. I responded that, although I wasn't required to have it removed according to the ticket, I have an appointment that afternoon to get it removed (ok, I lied). He signed off and away I went (removed the front plate a block away and re-inserted my bumper plugs sans plate).

Craig
wouldnt have happened if you had the chp 11-99 foundation badge ... when you take a fix it ticket to the chp office and take your badge with you they usually sign off the ticket without looking at the car ... happened to me 3 times