996 Previous model naturally aspirated Porsche 911 community. Discuss C2, C2s, C4, C4s, Targa and Cabriolets.

Product review: Rejex Towels

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 08-19-2004, 01:08 AM
Banned
Tim W. will become famous soon enough
Product review: Rejex Towels

Guys:

I wanted to write a note about the towels from Eric at Rejex USA.

I havea ton of micro fiber towels (as I am sure most of your do). These are BY FAR the best I have used. The pick up of product off the car is excellent and the holding capasity is enormous. It is is obvious when a section is "full" and you need to turn to a new section.

For example. With my normal MF towels I have to use 2 sections to do the hood area of the C4S. But Eric's are extremely dense and did the whole hood and part of the roof before pushing product vs. picking it up.

Good job Eric on product selection.

Old 08-19-2004, 05:06 AM
Banned by Moderators
SANDOVAL has a spectacular aura aboutSANDOVAL has a spectacular aura aboutSANDOVAL has a spectacular aura about
Thanks for the Review Tim. The only negative thing I could say about these towels is that they do need to be trimmed from time to time from snagged loops. I believe this is because they are A. Very dense, B. A soft fiber, C. The loops are made with a thing natural fiber strand. I tested a bunch of towels both domestic and foreign and found these to have the best qualities. Very unique for a boring subject like towels. But it is important to use a quality towel when dealing with your paint surface.

Keep the feedback coming (good or bad) it is appreciated!

Old 08-19-2004, 05:33 AM
Itzkirb has a reputation beyond reputeItzkirb has a reputation beyond reputeItzkirb has a reputation beyond reputeItzkirb has a reputation beyond reputeItzkirb has a reputation beyond reputeItzkirb has a reputation beyond reputeItzkirb has a reputation beyond reputeItzkirb has a reputation beyond reputeItzkirb has a reputation beyond reputeItzkirb has a reputation beyond reputeItzkirb has a reputation beyond repute
Those towels are very nice....very soft, I like them. My only concern with the towels are the stitched edges. If you're not careful you can leave tiny (really tiny) scratches.

Old 08-19-2004, 05:59 AM
Banned by Moderators
SANDOVAL has a spectacular aura aboutSANDOVAL has a spectacular aura aboutSANDOVAL has a spectacular aura about
Kirby that was my concern when I was trying them out. Tim also asked me about this too. The manufacturer uses a binding that is startched for sewing purposes, once you wash the towels that binding becomes very very soft. the stitching is no different then the fiber. They said they have made and distributed 10's of thousands of these towels and they have not had one complaint of a scratch.

" If you're not careful you can leave tiny (really tiny) scratches."

Is this something you experience from these towels? Or are you making a general comment about other bound microfiber towels you have used before or heard about?

I have been using these for a few months now and no scratched that I have experienced what so ever. Also the binding on the small 8" towel is different. I would use this towelfor polishing tips, wheels, interior etc. Even though that binding is very soft the rest of the towels have an even softer binding.

Last edited by SANDOVAL; 08-19-2004 at 06:08 AM.
Old 08-19-2004, 06:26 AM
Itzkirb has a reputation beyond reputeItzkirb has a reputation beyond reputeItzkirb has a reputation beyond reputeItzkirb has a reputation beyond reputeItzkirb has a reputation beyond reputeItzkirb has a reputation beyond reputeItzkirb has a reputation beyond reputeItzkirb has a reputation beyond reputeItzkirb has a reputation beyond reputeItzkirb has a reputation beyond reputeItzkirb has a reputation beyond repute
Eric

It was just a general comment and just from site, not actual use.

Old 08-19-2004, 06:35 AM
Banned by Moderators
ahh that is what I figured, I have been using these on the black CS and I have not noticed any scratches. I would bet the material is much softer then anything you are using now. Just wash the towels before use. I am making inserts that will accompany the towels to speak to this concern.

Attached Images  
Old 08-19-2004, 07:32 AM
GO 6SPEED!
DEETZ is on a distinguished road
yes GOOD JOB ERIC! its really good, I just wiped the tips with those!! nice one, and it came on time

Old 08-19-2004, 12:27 PM
Banned
Tim W. will become famous soon enough
Once I washed mine they were as soft as a babies butt.......and after a full detail looked like one to

Old 08-19-2004, 08:21 PM
Sloth has much to be proud ofSloth has much to be proud ofSloth has much to be proud ofSloth has much to be proud ofSloth has much to be proud ofSloth has much to be proud ofSloth has much to be proud ofSloth has much to be proud of
Originally posted by Itzkirb
Those towels are very nice....very soft, I like them. My only concern with the towels are the stitched edges. If you're not careful you can leave tiny (really tiny) scratches.
From what I have read, the concern from the stitching is for cheaper towels that use a synthetic polymer stitching rather than a cotton stitching.