996 Previous model naturally aspirated Porsche 911 community. Discuss C2, C2s, C4, C4s, Targa and Cabriolets.

porsche OEM rubber mats

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 12-10-2008, 10:24 AM
drifter12 is on a distinguished road
porsche OEM rubber mats

does porsche make OEM rubber mats like BMW does, for 996 NA? originally i was thinking of getting the weathertechs but would prefer OEM if available.

if anyone does have these can you post pics. thanks

Old 12-10-2008, 10:59 AM
Zookie Is a GOD !Zookie Is a GOD !Zookie Is a GOD !Zookie Is a GOD !Zookie Is a GOD !Zookie Is a GOD !Zookie Is a GOD !Zookie Is a GOD !Zookie Is a GOD !Zookie Is a GOD !Zookie Is a GOD !
Suncoast told me the 997 Rubber Mats will fit the 996... Passenger Side fits fine, but the Drive sde need very little Triming...

http://e-partssales.com/Merchant2/me...y_Code=997mats

Old 12-10-2008, 10:03 PM
carsareart is on a distinguished road
Wow, those look sharp. Too bad I just ordered a set of weathertech mats on Monday. What kind of trimming did you have to do?

Old 12-11-2008, 12:15 PM
Zookie Is a GOD !Zookie Is a GOD !Zookie Is a GOD !Zookie Is a GOD !Zookie Is a GOD !Zookie Is a GOD !Zookie Is a GOD !Zookie Is a GOD !Zookie Is a GOD !Zookie Is a GOD !Zookie Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by carsareart
Wow, those look sharp. Too bad I just ordered a set of weathertech mats on Monday. What kind of trimming did you have to do?

Driver Side, around the Dead Pedal, Very Minimum Triming i have been told...

Old 12-11-2008, 08:40 PM
thanks! the 997 oem mats look great. so did porsche really not make oem rubber mats for 996? i couldnt find them on suncoast.

Old 12-11-2008, 10:21 PM
win911 has much to be proud ofwin911 has much to be proud ofwin911 has much to be proud ofwin911 has much to be proud ofwin911 has much to be proud ofwin911 has much to be proud ofwin911 has much to be proud ofwin911 has much to be proud ofwin911 has much to be proud of
I'm not digging it... I still prefer the carpet version. Those rubber floor mats look good for trucks.
in my opinion.

Old 12-11-2008, 10:24 PM
Originally Posted by drifter12
so did porsche really not make oem rubber mats for 996?

no they did not

Old 12-13-2008, 04:02 PM
carsareart is on a distinguished road
I ordered a set of the Porsche Mats from my dealer. There was an option of Bose or not. There is a bump on the passenger side transmission hump of the convertible and targa, as best as we can tell this is the Bose option. I ordered the non Bose mats. I should know more in a week or as soon as I get time to go and pick them up.

drifter 12- have you ordered any yet?

Old 12-13-2008, 04:36 PM
Banned
Benjamin Choi will become famous soon enough
Originally Posted by win911
I'm not digging it... I still prefer the carpet version. Those rubber floor mats look good for trucks.
in my opinion.
totally dude, rubber mats suck it's like replacing your home carpet with rubber mats. not a good feel or look. the carpet mats are cheap anyways. just replace them every year if you have to.

Old 12-13-2008, 06:36 PM
usdmej is a jewel in the roughusdmej is a jewel in the roughusdmej is a jewel in the rough
i guess it depends on how u live really. do you wear shoes in the house? i dont, and i dont prefer getting in my car and putting my dirty shoes on carpet. i also dont replace my home carpet every year etiher

Old 12-13-2008, 07:10 PM
thanks for the additonal info and opinions, appreciate it.

Originally Posted by Zookie
no they did not
thats a shame, I would prefer to get oem 996 rubber mats (not 3rd party e.g. weathertech).

Originally Posted by carsareart
I ordered a set of the Porsche Mats from my dealer. There was an option of Bose or not. There is a bump on the passenger side transmission hump of the convertible and targa, as best as we can tell this is the Bose option. I ordered the non Bose mats. I should know more in a week or as soon as I get time to go and pick them up.

drifter 12- have you ordered any yet?
did you order oem 997 rubber mats? i have not ordered yet, i wanted to confirm that oem 996 rubber mats were not made first. looks like that is the case, so I might go ahead with the oem 997 rubber mats. i'd need to specify 996 targa with bose, hopefully that they will fit well with minimal trimming.

Originally Posted by usdmej
i guess it depends on how u live really. do you wear shoes in the house? i dont, and i dont prefer getting in my car and putting my dirty shoes on carpet. i also dont replace my home carpet every year etiher
rubber vs traditional carpet is subjective. i typically have used carpet mats in my cars, but like the ability to easily spray and rinse rubber mats for cleaning. I will probably switch up between my current carpet mats and rubber depending on my mood

Old 12-13-2008, 07:14 PM
Banned
oem floor mats are less than $150. you can't recarpet your pantry for $150 bud.

i don't wear shoes in the house.

rubber mats expose dirt and look/feel like cheap ****. belongs in a uhaul not a near six digit msrp rizzle.

Old 12-13-2008, 08:48 PM
usdmej is a jewel in the roughusdmej is a jewel in the roughusdmej is a jewel in the rough
if rubber mats expose dirt then what does carpet do? neatly hide it? gimme a break, i'd rather hose my mats down every week rather than having to shampoo them. just because you can replace something frequently doesnt mean you should be wasteful and do it. that isnt what having money is all about pal

nicely integrated rubber mats, imho, look clean and are easier to maintain in any daily driver

Old 12-13-2008, 09:01 PM
Banned
if rubber mats expose dirt then what does carpet do? neatly hide it? gimme a break, i'd rather hose my mats down every week rather than having to shampoo them. just because you can replace something frequently doesnt mean you should be wasteful and do it. that isnt what having money is all about pal

nicely integrated rubber mats, imho, look clean and are easier to maintain in any daily driver
post pics, rubber mats look like ****

hose down the 911? you go git it big boy

Old 12-13-2008, 09:52 PM
um, you do know mats are removable right?

http://e-partssales.com/Merchant2/gr...NTRUBBERSET.jp

i have rubber mats in my S40, color matched to the interior so they look very clean, priceless for snowboard trips.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: porsche OEM rubber mats