996 Previous model naturally aspirated Porsche 911 community. Discuss C2, C2s, C4, C4s, Targa and Cabriolets.

Buyer Warning Ira Porsche Danvers Ma

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 10-02-2004, 05:38 AM
1101mv is on a distinguished road
Buyer Warning Ira Porsche Danvers Ma

Looking for a everyday driver 996 C4 8 months ago I found one at IRA Porsche in Danvers MA. It was the right color (black on black) with 47,000 miles on it. The issue was that IRA Porsche was about an hour and half away from my house. So I took the hour and half drive to IRA Porsche to look at the C4 and buy it right on the spot if it was in good shape. Not being to picky due to the fact that it would be my every day driver I really did not care if it had a couple of dings. Once I got to Ira Porsche they showed me the car. I noticed right away that the car had oversray in the door jams so that was a clue of it had prior damage. I then asked for the sales manager and told him look this Porsche has been painted and I dont know if it had a couple of scrapes or if it was in a serious accident. He looked at me and said that they took the car in trade in and it is a Porsche Approved Certified car. So that being said I told them I would buy it because it was a Porsche Certified car and I need not to worry. As I was signing the papper work I did ask to make sure if they would provided a loaner car to me when I service my Porsche. The sales guy said no promblem just contact me before you make your appointment. This was a major issue due that IRA PORSCHE was three hours away from my house. That being said I bought the car. The day that I picked up my Porsche it was allready having promblems. Oil leak, coolent leak, sunroof not working, and some other small promblems. I called the next day and told the sales manager of the promblems. I brought my Porsche in and they gave me a loaner car like they promised. Then they called me and told me that they would replace the RMS for the oil leak, but the sunroof and the coolent leak is not covered under the Porsche Certified warranty. I could not belive it, I told the service manger that I just bought the car and they should repair it. After the call to the Porsche North America service rep. guess what they fixed it. Well now it brings me to the other day when I called the service department to make a appointment for a 60k service and to fix the oil leak and the coolent leak that happen to leak again after six months. My service addvisor (only guy that I found helpfull in the dealership) told me that I could not get a loaner car and that I should talk to the sales manger. So I called the sales manager and told him that I need a loaner car sothat Ican service my Porsche. Now the attitude from the sales manager started. He told me that they did not make enough money on the deal to give me a loaner car when I service my Porsche. At first I taught he was joking, and I laughed. But when I realized he was serious, I reminded him that they promised me a loaner car every time I had to service my car. Guess what again they could not remember the conversation. I asked him well if you dont provided loaner cars to people who buy cars from you , who do you provived loaner cars too? He did not answer but my guess is the sales dept. take them home. I got off the phone and then called Herb Chambers Porsche in Boston MA and asked for the service manger. Told him that I made a BIG MISTAKE and bought a Porsche from IRA Porsche and told him what has happen. He gave me an appointment to service the car with a loaner car paid by Herb Chambers Porsche. So my final oppion and lesson learned is that do not trust Ira Porsche promises because they will not forefill them after they make there money. They are taking the crums and leaving the bread.

Old 10-02-2004, 05:47 AM
yellowbmr is just really niceyellowbmr is just really niceyellowbmr is just really niceyellowbmr is just really niceyellowbmr is just really nice
i like my dealer, newport beach porsche, they are so nice to me

Old 10-02-2004, 06:21 AM
GT3Scott will become famous soon enoughGT3Scott will become famous soon enough
Get a spell checker and a return key...

Old 10-02-2004, 07:50 AM
Holger B is on a distinguished road
The dealer sold you a piece of crap and lied to you...quick, call "60 Minutes", that's never happened before (especially not a Porsche dealer!).

Old 10-02-2004, 07:53 AM
keoni1978 is on a distinguished road
how long has it been since you bought the car? can you return it? I be pretty pissed off

Old 10-02-2004, 09:59 AM
newport996 will become famous soon enoughnewport996 will become famous soon enough
Here is the deal...You have 30 days after you buy that car that they have to fix things that are wrong with it. In that 30 days go over it with a fine tooth comb and bring them a list. They have to fix the stuff...After that it's the warranty and Porsche Certified is just drivetrain. Loaner cars are not promised and if you get them to say stuff lik ethis, have them write it down on a piece of paper and have them sign it and tell them to keep it with your deal memo, and you keep a copy. I did this with my Boxster, Newport Porsche ate the cost of a clutch because I said if it went within 9 months after I bought a used Boxster, they would cover it. In 6 months it started going, and my deal memo saved me about $1800...Everything is negotiable when buying a car, you just have to document it. If it's not, legally they can say anything because all those papers you sign say thet unless it's in writing, it doesn't matter. Oh and Porsche Certification means NOTHING. They don't HAVE to fix anything unless it's very bad and even then, they may not. I bought a certified car with bald tires, coolant leaks, fan problems, etc....but you know what, they fixed it all within 30 days....How could they sell a car with a RMS leak, and say it was certified? Good luck....

Old 10-02-2004, 10:16 AM
daily996 is on a distinguished road
Damn! Sorry to hear that. Can you find something like motor salesperson act, in your area. I'm in Ontario. Ontario we have the omvic. That department is for the consummer complain and report for buying lemon car. That will have a chance to suspend that sale's mgr sales licence.

Old 10-02-2004, 08:47 PM
TT Surgeon Is a GOD !TT Surgeon Is a GOD !TT Surgeon Is a GOD !TT Surgeon Is a GOD !TT Surgeon Is a GOD !TT Surgeon Is a GOD !TT Surgeon Is a GOD !TT Surgeon Is a GOD !TT Surgeon Is a GOD !TT Surgeon Is a GOD !TT Surgeon Is a GOD !
That sucks man. That's why I never buy a used car, esp off warranty. I waited a long time to (afford to) buy mine. I'm glad I did. Threaten them with a lawyer, that's about all you can do now.
Good luck

Old 10-02-2004, 09:23 PM
jnx
jnx is a splendid one to beholdjnx is a splendid one to beholdjnx is a splendid one to beholdjnx is a splendid one to beholdjnx is a splendid one to beholdjnx is a splendid one to beholdjnx is a splendid one to beholdjnx is a splendid one to behold
Originally posted by GT3Scott
Get a spell checker and a return key...
Agreed!

Old 10-03-2004, 01:05 AM
LVDell is on a distinguished road
I really don't understand why some of you children have the need to slam somebody for spell check. This is a 996 forum not an editing forum. If you don't agree with his post then you have the right to state that. Just don't ever type a word incorrectly again........

oh the hypocracy.

Old 10-03-2004, 01:15 AM
keoni1978 is on a distinguished road
The man is trying to vent and I’m sure he’s pretty frustrated with this whole thing, so who cares if he forgot to break it up into different paragraphs or a few spelling errors.

Old 10-03-2004, 02:55 AM
1101mv is on a distinguished road
Thats right I was sooooo mad that I did not care if I spelled my words or hit the return key. For the threats and laws suits it is not really worth it. The way I think I am getting back at IRA PORSCHE is by putting up this thread. I am not a evil guy at heart but they really got my blood going. I know for a fact that the sales guy who sold me the car logs on to 6speedonline all the time, and I am waiting for his response to this thread.

Old 10-03-2004, 03:06 AM
Originally posted by LVDell
I really don't understand why some of you children have the need to slam somebody for spell check. This is a 996 forum not an editing forum. If you don't agree with his post then you have the right to state that. Just don't ever type a word incorrectly again........

oh the hypocracy.

Old 10-03-2004, 03:13 AM
LVDell is on a distinguished road
I wouldn't expect his resoponse since he is ducking you at the dealership by not stepping up to the plate I am sure he will duck out of this forum as well. And they wonder why people hate car salesment (in general). He is acting just like the stereotype.

Old 10-03-2004, 03:15 AM
Why not contact PCNA? Posting on a message board won't get you anything but cheerleaders. One thing Porsche dealers fear is PCNA's wrath.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Buyer Warning Ira Porsche Danvers Ma