996 Previous model naturally aspirated Porsche 911 community. Discuss C2, C2s, C4, C4s, Targa and Cabriolets.

Off the wall Paint jobs and wraps

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 07-20-2011, 01:29 PM
Playersexpress is on a distinguished road
Off the wall Paint jobs and wraps

Hey guys,

I've been searching through all the old threads on paint jobs and wraps and I haven't come across a single compiled thread or really any thread of over the top paint jobs or wraps on 911s. I'm talking about different from the matte gray/white/black and carbon fiber wraps/paint jobs.

I'm looking for exotic things like two toned, neon colors, air brushing, camo, color changing, weird designs like puzzle pieces, lightning, etc.

I want to do something off the wall with the car. Something that isn't "tacky" like flames, but will make people go wow, and even give the "Purists" a second thought or moment for pause.

Anyone have any pictures laying around they would like to share?

Old 07-21-2011, 12:11 AM
JayFunk is a jewel in the roughJayFunk is a jewel in the roughJayFunk is a jewel in the rough
I don't have any pics, but if your going to get your car wrapped, then I would suggest my guys over at X-Treme Graphics in Villa Park, IL. They are Car guys and have the know how plus experience of how to do to it the right way. Tell em Jay-Jay sent you

http://www.x-tremegraphics.com/

Old 07-21-2011, 09:52 AM
buzzm Is a GOD !buzzm Is a GOD !buzzm Is a GOD !buzzm Is a GOD !buzzm Is a GOD !buzzm Is a GOD !buzzm Is a GOD !buzzm Is a GOD !buzzm Is a GOD !buzzm Is a GOD !buzzm Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by Playersexpress
Hey guys,

I've been searching through all the old threads on paint jobs and wraps and I haven't come across a single compiled thread or really any thread of over the top paint jobs or wraps on 911s. I'm talking about different from the matte gray/white/black and carbon fiber wraps/paint jobs.

I'm looking for exotic things like two toned, neon colors, air brushing, camo, color changing, weird designs like puzzle pieces, lightning, etc.

I want to do something off the wall with the car. Something that isn't "tacky" like flames, but will make people go wow, and even give the "Purists" a second thought or moment for pause.

Anyone have any pictures laying around they would like to share?
imo your going to struggle not to look like an extra from fast and the furious

Old 07-21-2011, 10:28 AM
ilko is a glorious beacon of lightilko is a glorious beacon of lightilko is a glorious beacon of lightilko is a glorious beacon of lightilko is a glorious beacon of lightilko is a glorious beacon of light

Old 07-21-2011, 02:37 PM

Old 07-21-2011, 03:11 PM
Dennis C is a splendid one to beholdDennis C is a splendid one to beholdDennis C is a splendid one to beholdDennis C is a splendid one to beholdDennis C is a splendid one to beholdDennis C is a splendid one to beholdDennis C is a splendid one to beholdDennis C is a splendid one to behold
You could always go with something ridiculous like this...

Attached Images  
Old 07-21-2011, 04:45 PM
Purplxd has much to be proud ofPurplxd has much to be proud ofPurplxd has much to be proud ofPurplxd has much to be proud ofPurplxd has much to be proud ofPurplxd has much to be proud ofPurplxd has much to be proud ofPurplxd has much to be proud of
I'd like to do this to my 996...

Old 07-22-2011, 11:13 AM
sukeiasa is on a distinguished road
i've seen cars wrapped for advertisement purposes... but what are the benefits of having a car wrap as opposed to a paint job?? also, what's the price on complete car wraps??

Old 07-22-2011, 11:34 AM
Reborn996 is a splendid one to beholdReborn996 is a splendid one to beholdReborn996 is a splendid one to beholdReborn996 is a splendid one to beholdReborn996 is a splendid one to beholdReborn996 is a splendid one to beholdReborn996 is a splendid one to behold
Too funny this was posted... ends up after talking to a few paint shops that I will be doing a full car wrap. My 2001 Carrera as a few paint issues with the factory paint plus I will be installing a body kit. Turns out the cost to fix my existing paint and do the body kit is almost half the value of my car! Ouch!

Checked with a local recommended wrapper and he can do the whole car and body kit for much less. Thinking of going with a matte silver since my factory color is artic silver. Will post pictures (for possible ridicule) once it's done. LOL

Old 07-22-2011, 11:35 AM
sukeiasa is on a distinguished road
if you don't mind... what was the quote for the wrap?

Old 07-29-2011, 01:03 PM
betyouluze has a little shameless behaviour in the past
Ive gt an 03' c4s custom painted by rons auto madness in ct. pretty nasty build, 3.8 x51, fabspeed full exhuast, no cats, cold air intake, gt3 clutch, fidanza aluminum flywheel, BnM short throw shift kit, and a nasty fabspeed tune n H&R springs, she runs pretty good. goin to fabspeed on friday the 5th of august for a few dyno pulls. oh yeah the color is house of color CINDER RED, w alot of candy!! oh almost forgot, pulled all of the front drivetrain out, has 21k on it if anyones interested, its a totally dif car now, only complaint is if i get over 1k out of rear tires its a miracle!!

shot of her in the sun, lookes kinda purple in the garage

Last edited by betyouluze; 07-29-2011 at 01:14 PM.
Old 07-29-2011, 01:57 PM
Now that is a gorgeous color on that car, and very different from the ordinary Porsche standard.

Old 07-29-2011, 02:37 PM
Now that is a gorgeous color on that car, and very different from the ordinary Porsche standard.
thank you, people say its just a touch of different

Old 07-29-2011, 09:40 PM
I agree, I'd just swap out the ugly orange side markers for clear to match the car.

Old 07-30-2011, 08:03 AM
I agree, I'd just swap out the ugly orange side markers for clear to match the car.
funny, swapped em out last week, i have to take some pics today

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Off the wall Paint jobs and wraps