996 Previous model naturally aspirated Porsche 911 community. Discuss C2, C2s, C4, C4s, Targa and Cabriolets.

PSE Installation Pitfalls

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 05-26-2005, 07:19 AM
Wedge is on a distinguished road
Question PSE Installation Pitfalls

Hello, all. Long time reader, first time poster. This is a great website, full of very useful info. I am wondering if I can call on your experiences to help me with my first mod.

Is anyone aware of any possible problems I may run into installing a PSE myself? I plan on using jack stands, no electronics/wiring, leaving rear wheels and rear bumper on the car, hand tools. Once I bolt it on, do I have to do anything else to ensure that the PSE is always "on"? Can I use the original/stock clamps, nuts, and bolts to hold the PSE on?

Thanks

Old 05-26-2005, 07:53 AM
Miykl is on a distinguished road
I recently installed my Fabspeed mufflers. Start to finish less than an hour. I just jacked up one side at a time. All original mounting hardware is used. Very easy.

Sorry, no idea about the always on for the PSE.

Old 05-26-2005, 08:39 AM
PorschePRH is a name known to allPorschePRH is a name known to allPorschePRH is a name known to allPorschePRH is a name known to allPorschePRH is a name known to allPorschePRH is a name known to all
Do yourself a favor and take off the rear wheels. It makes it much easier to get the mufflers in and out without stressing the rear bumper.

Yea, you can use the original hardware. Make sure you don't have any leaks around the clamp when done. Taking it off and putting back on can warp the inner sleeve a little bit and cause slight leaks. A new one is a safer bet.