996 Previous model naturally aspirated Porsche 911 community. Discuss C2, C2s, C4, C4s, Targa and Cabriolets.

My Mastercard Moment

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 07-17-2003, 08:10 AM
ESK
Hick from NH
ESK is on a distinguished road
Smile My Mastercard Moment

2003 Cabriolet Arctic SIlver with Graphite Grey - $72,000

19" Cargraphics - $5,200

Aerokit II Front Bumper & Sideskirts - $2,600

Smile on my face when I picked my car up from the body shop this morning - PRICELESS!

Attached Images  
Old 07-17-2003, 08:11 AM
ESK
Hick from NH
One more shot...

Attached Images  
Old 07-17-2003, 08:13 AM
ESK
Hick from NH
Closeup of the front bumper...

Attached Images  
Old 07-17-2003, 08:13 AM
DJ
DJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond repute
Maybe a rear spoiler next ?

I am a fan of that look

Old 07-17-2003, 08:14 AM
ESK
Hick from NH
Darren,

To quote the band Chicago; "you're my inspiration."

Eric

Old 07-17-2003, 09:23 AM
ESK
Hick from NH
O3 C4S,

Thanks. I'd love to do the rear spoiler like Darren's and Don's. I think that would finish up the exterior.

I ordered some alu-look parts from Gert - console, A/C surround, and door handles.

Eric

Old 07-17-2003, 09:28 AM
DJ
DJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond repute
Eric what do you have in the center of the bumper - is it open or do you have a cap that is in there? Mine came open and I was going to put mesh behind it or a third radiator for future track events - Picking up the car tonight with ROW sport suspension intsalled

Old 07-17-2003, 10:06 AM
ESK
Hick from NH
Darren,

I left it open. I asked the shop to install the cover from my stock bumper, but it didn't fit. It actually looks better open. It's so dark in there, you can't really see in. I probably should have bought the 3rd radiator kit - it's only about $200. Mesh will look real good too.

I'm sure the suspension will look good. It kind of bothers me the way the car sits up so high in the front - at least the amount of space between the top of tire and the fender.

Eric

Old 07-17-2003, 10:33 AM
DJ
eric I have mesh in silver from BYdesign I will give you when I put my third radiator kit in - just pay the shipping

Old 07-17-2003, 10:41 AM
Modaholic
Kevin M has a reputation beyond reputeKevin M has a reputation beyond reputeKevin M has a reputation beyond reputeKevin M has a reputation beyond reputeKevin M has a reputation beyond reputeKevin M has a reputation beyond reputeKevin M has a reputation beyond reputeKevin M has a reputation beyond reputeKevin M has a reputation beyond reputeKevin M has a reputation beyond reputeKevin M has a reputation beyond repute
Eric,

What a beauty!! Looks great!! how about a nice rear C4S bumper to match. . just leave the bumperettes on just don't tell your wife that I mentioned it

Old 07-17-2003, 11:11 AM
Basic Sponsor
Wheel Experts has a reputation beyond reputeWheel Experts has a reputation beyond reputeWheel Experts has a reputation beyond reputeWheel Experts has a reputation beyond reputeWheel Experts has a reputation beyond reputeWheel Experts has a reputation beyond reputeWheel Experts has a reputation beyond reputeWheel Experts has a reputation beyond reputeWheel Experts has a reputation beyond reputeWheel Experts has a reputation beyond reputeWheel Experts has a reputation beyond repute
thats damn good lookin'

http://www.wheelexperts.com
email: peter@wheelexperts.com

HRE | Forgeline | Modulare | PUR | TechArt | Brabus | Novitec | Vossen | Avant Garde | Vorsteiner | BBS | Eisenmann | Quicksilver | Brembo | KW | WALD | +many more

***DFW Showroom now OPEN at 4515 McEwen Rd in Dallas, 1 block West of the Dallas Galleria***

***WE SHIP WORLDWIDE!!!!!***
Old 07-17-2003, 02:12 PM
ESK
Hick from NH
Thanks guys.

Kevin, your the driving force behind this money pit - you bastard!

Darren, sounds great. Can you install the mesh with the bumper on or does it have to come off to install?

Old 07-17-2003, 02:28 PM
wakejudge is on a distinguished road
Hi Eric

Congratulations and lucky you, in November last year - I paid $85,000 for a 996 C4 Cabriolet, with just 6,000 miles on the clock. Wait for it, 1999 model, yes cars are expensive in the UK, compared with Europe and the US. So if any members come to London and find it expensive - spare a thought.

You will get many hours of fun out of your car, it's awesome. Good choice of colour also, the wheels look cool too.

Colin

Old 07-17-2003, 02:42 PM
gobie18 is on a distinguished road
ESK

What size 19 tires are you running. I'm looking at 19 inch rims but having a hard time deciding what size tires to get.

Thanks
Gobie

2003 C2

Old 07-17-2003, 04:39 PM
ESK
Hick from NH
Gobie:

11" rears with 285s
8.5" fronts with 235s

I have slight rubbing on the driver's side front if I turn the wheel all the way when backing up.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: My Mastercard Moment