996 Previous model naturally aspirated Porsche 911 community. Discuss C2, C2s, C4, C4s, Targa and Cabriolets.

My SuperCharged 996

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 10-11-2012, 02:53 PM
MadeInPorshe will become famous soon enoughMadeInPorshe will become famous soon enough
My SuperCharged 996

Hello all,

Ive been slowly working on my car and thought i share some pics!
Its still not done yets with lots of work and plans to come this winter.
Including custom center tip exhaust and side vents which will be functional with the charger intake!

Also needed opinions on the Speed Yellow, Ive been debating whether to paint it a grey color or leave it yellow! And if paint, will go with a complete exterior make over.

About 480hp to the crank!, With water/meth injection of course.

Last edited by MadeInPorshe; 10-13-2012 at 07:24 PM.
Old 10-11-2012, 03:35 PM
White Rock Is a GOD !White Rock Is a GOD !White Rock Is a GOD !White Rock Is a GOD !White Rock Is a GOD !White Rock Is a GOD !White Rock Is a GOD !White Rock Is a GOD !White Rock Is a GOD !White Rock Is a GOD !White Rock Is a GOD !
Looks great! How does the supercharger feel compared to stock. On the color, I would do a wrap, then rip it off if you want to go back to yellow.

Old 10-11-2012, 03:56 PM
kromdom is on a distinguished road
curious about the LED lights in the front bumper (DIY? kit?)

Old 10-11-2012, 09:27 PM
MadeInPorshe will become famous soon enoughMadeInPorshe will become famous soon enough
Originally Posted by White Rock
Looks great! How does the supercharger feel compared to stock. On the color, I would do a wrap, then rip it off if you want to go back to yellow.

Thanks!
To be honest, you don't even notice the charger is there until you actually get on the throttle. Then it just feels like a really fast NA. No lag and very nice at the track.

I was considering doing the wrap also!, how ever with having yellow, it would still be noticeable through the door jams or pretty much anywhere with a opening. My friend wrapped his orange gallardo and with close inspection you can see orange where the bumper and fenders meet.

Old 10-11-2012, 09:37 PM
Originally Posted by kromdom
curious about the LED lights in the front bumper (DIY? kit?)

I bought the LED lights locally at a car boutique shop.
I then drilled holes into the a piece of mesh and secured the lights in with a few nuts and screws.

Old 10-12-2012, 12:01 AM
kromdom is on a distinguished road
Originally Posted by MadeInPorshe
I bought the LED lights locally at a car boutique shop.
I then drilled holes into the a piece of mesh and secured the lights in with a few nuts and screws.
me likey LOTS.....looks "factory"

Old 10-12-2012, 08:29 AM
cerg82 is on a distinguished road
"Complete exterior makeover" are you kidding? Your car looks awesome! As for changing the color, Speed Yellow is my personal favorite (unfortunately I couldn't find any when I purchased mine). IMHO, if you want a color change, consider vinyl wrapping (I now, the door jambs issue); I will be doing mine soon.

Old 10-13-2012, 06:40 AM
hyper911 will become famous soon enoughhyper911 will become famous soon enough
what go from SY to silver or grey are you nuts! That is why SY and GR exist, to stand out from the rest. Car looks great, love the supercharger - would you do it again or just get a turbo? Did it really fill the power need or do you wish it had more?

Old 10-13-2012, 06:52 PM
Thanks for the comments guys!.

Its settled that the SY now officially stays!, just gonna do a cut and polish/wax to shine things up abit.

hyper911, To be honest, at first, it didn't give me that "wow" factor i was looking for in a forced induced car. I kept saying to my self, "turbo, i knew i should of went turbo".
However after breaking it in, and doing abit of a "tweaking" and installing the water/meth system. Im very happy with the result of the transformation. The linear power is wicked fun at the track, no lag or power spikes like i get with my turboed car.

In addition, after what it went through today, I would have stuck with SC all the way!
480hp to the crank. Its running abit rich then lean at the top end so thats something im looking into for next week.

Anyways, here is the dyno and of course some pics

This is a before and after dyno.

Last edited by MadeInPorshe; 10-13-2012 at 07:02 PM.
Old 10-13-2012, 08:39 PM
Doug996InKC will become famous soon enoughDoug996InKC will become famous soon enough
Thumbs up

Originally Posted by MadeInPorshe
However after breaking it in, and doing abit of a "tweaking" and installing the water/meth system. Im very happy with the result of the transformation. The linear power is wicked fun at the track, no lag or power spikes like i get with my turboed car.

In addition, after what it went through today, I would have stuck with SC all the way!
Congrats on the HP achievement! With the addition of the water/meth system, was there additional tuning required besides the regular flash that Vortech provides? Is it still pushing 5.5 psi? Any upper-end mods (pistons, etc.)? I've been struggling between installing either Vivid's turbo kit or the Vortech version #3 (which, is much less money now... something like $7k USD. Your comment about staying with SC is swaying me, that way, but am concerned with extra tuning requirements necessary with the water/meth addition.

Old 10-13-2012, 10:24 PM
teflon_jones Is a GOD !teflon_jones Is a GOD !teflon_jones Is a GOD !teflon_jones Is a GOD !teflon_jones Is a GOD !teflon_jones Is a GOD !teflon_jones Is a GOD !teflon_jones Is a GOD !teflon_jones Is a GOD !teflon_jones Is a GOD !teflon_jones Is a GOD !
Are the side skirts painted now versus the first photo showing them still in primer?

Glad to hear you decided to stay with SY. Great color for a car with the mods you have. On some models it doesn't look at good, but on yours with that rear wing especially it's perfect. The CF wing blade is really a great accent piece too.

Old 10-13-2012, 11:49 PM
Doug996, Thanks!, but it didn't require further tuning for the mods.
Still on the VF flash, however it runs bit rich for my liking.
No internal mods here, the stock internals are already pretty beefy as is, i would leave the culprit for engine failure to HEAT.
As for boost, im only making 4.6PSI lol. Either that or my gauge is whack.
For the water/meth, Im only using a single 0.8mm nozzle, im gonna double it and run too, but so far with the one nozzle it did not require tuning!
Mine starts spraying at 3000rpm and its just a smooth hard pull to redline compared to no meth. I love it.
If you like the feeling of getting thrown back into your seat, Turbo.
If you like predictable linear sleeper power, Supercharger.

Old 10-13-2012, 11:52 PM
Originally Posted by teflon_jones
Are the side skirts painted now versus the first photo showing them still in primer?

Glad to hear you decided to stay with SY. Great color for a car with the mods you have. On some models it doesn't look at good, but on yours with that rear wing especially it's perfect. The CF wing blade is really a great accent piece too.
Thanks teflon jones, unfortunately the side skirts are still raw polyurethane, i haven't gotten a chance to paint them yet. Painting them with the side vents, once i get them in.
If you are comparing to my avatar pic, i used to have painted gt3 rockers i switched up for these.

Old 10-14-2012, 04:40 PM
Omarcoolguy has a brilliant futureOmarcoolguy has a brilliant futureOmarcoolguy has a brilliant futureOmarcoolguy has a brilliant futureOmarcoolguy has a brilliant futureOmarcoolguy has a brilliant futureOmarcoolguy has a brilliant futureOmarcoolguy has a brilliant futureOmarcoolguy has a brilliant futureOmarcoolguy has a brilliant futureOmarcoolguy has a brilliant future

I have side vents on mine , they cool my rear brakes , as for the grey wrap or painting I would wrap ur vents and side skirts in carbon fiber if u want to add some accents like ur rear spoiler , I added black on my car to accent the red

Last edited by Omarcoolguy; 10-14-2012 at 04:48 PM.
Old 10-14-2012, 04:52 PM
aatlas is on a distinguished road
sick

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 1 votes, 5.00 average.

Quick Reply: My SuperCharged 996