996 Previous model naturally aspirated Porsche 911 community. Discuss C2, C2s, C4, C4s, Targa and Cabriolets.

996 cabriolet...what speakers do you recommend?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 11-29-2013, 10:16 PM
goto35 will become famous soon enoughgoto35 will become famous soon enough
996 cabriolet...what speakers do you recommend?

I just installed my double din. I want to upgrade the speakers and get a nice amp.

Whats the best speakers for the front, door panels and rear?

My cab doesn't have a sub. Should i go with door panels 5 inch subs?

Here is what I'm thinking so far.

Kenwood KAC-7005PS- 5 channel amp ($200) or
Alpine PDX-V9- 5 channel amp $450

Fronts-
Focal k2 Power 100Krs - $600

Doors-
13KS / 5K4441 - Focal 5" 180W K2 Power Subwoofer - $450 pair

Rear-
Focal Access 100 CA1 4-Inch Coaxial Speaker Kit- $120. (I DONT KNOW IF THEY WILL FIT BASED ON CABRIOLET SPACE)

Thats it.
Or should i do the following plus add another Sub up front in the trunk.

Pioneer TS-SWX251 10" Flat Subwoofer with Enclosure 800 Watts

What speakers do people recommend for the cabriolet?

Old 11-30-2013, 08:35 AM
jacabean is on a distinguished road
i just put Focals in my 01 cab just before i crashed it . everything will fit except the 100 ca1 in the rear . the 5" in the doors are a great improvement but do not expect great low end .

Old 11-30-2013, 08:50 AM
Dennis C is a splendid one to beholdDennis C is a splendid one to beholdDennis C is a splendid one to beholdDennis C is a splendid one to beholdDennis C is a splendid one to beholdDennis C is a splendid one to beholdDennis C is a splendid one to beholdDennis C is a splendid one to behold
I've got Focals in my C4S coupe and they are very nice. They are a great improvement over the stock Bose speakers.

Old 11-30-2013, 09:07 AM
CBADtt has a brilliant futureCBADtt has a brilliant futureCBADtt has a brilliant futureCBADtt has a brilliant futureCBADtt has a brilliant futureCBADtt has a brilliant futureCBADtt has a brilliant futureCBADtt has a brilliant futureCBADtt has a brilliant futureCBADtt has a brilliant futureCBADtt has a brilliant future
Check this thread.

https://www.6speedonline.com/forums/...d.php?t=315709

I've heard his setup and it is ridiculous (good). I think your best bet for true sub bass is putting either one or two subs in the rear seat area. Anything smaller than 10" is not going to provide real sub bass.

Old 11-30-2013, 09:47 AM
Originally Posted by jacabean
i just put Focals in my 01 cab just before i crashed it . everything will fit except the 100 ca1 in the rear . the 5" in the doors are a great improvement but do not expect great low end .
What speakers will fit in the rear in my convertible?

Old 11-30-2013, 09:57 PM
Originally Posted by jateshk
What speakers will fit in the rear in my convertible?
i am not sure what will fit as i did not install anything back there yet but I did a test fit with the 100 ca 1 speakers and they seem to deep . you have to be careful with the cab because roof mechanicals move around that area .

Old 12-01-2013, 03:29 PM
denversteve has a reputation beyond reputedenversteve has a reputation beyond reputedenversteve has a reputation beyond reputedenversteve has a reputation beyond reputedenversteve has a reputation beyond reputedenversteve has a reputation beyond reputedenversteve has a reputation beyond reputedenversteve has a reputation beyond reputedenversteve has a reputation beyond reputedenversteve has a reputation beyond reputedenversteve has a reputation beyond repute
My factory speakers are fine so my recommendation is more practical than anything else. Leave them alone. You have an open ****pit car (cab.) which means the way to enjoy it most of the time is with the top down. Open topped means more "noise" at speed than speakers will overcome. Enjoy the sights and smells with the top down and listen to the sounds of the open top.

Last edited by denversteve; 12-01-2013 at 03:31 PM.
Old 12-01-2013, 04:40 PM
Originally Posted by denversteve
My factory speakers are fine so my recommendation is more practical than anything else. Leave them alone. You have an open ****pit car (cab.) which means the way to enjoy it most of the time is with the top down. Open topped means more "noise" at speed than speakers will overcome. Enjoy the sights and smells with the top down and listen to the sounds of the open top.
I would agree with this but the sound that these cars came with is just terrible . it is not much of a big deal to upgrade the speakers for some better sound . A nice double din unit also modernizes the interior as well on these old cars .

Old 12-01-2013, 05:10 PM

I would agree with this but the sound that these cars came with is just terrible . it is not much of a big deal to upgrade the speakers for some better sound . A nice double din unit also modernizes the interior as well on these old cars .
I agree with this statement. The double din was the best mod I've done. Ill post pics and review later this week. I feel like I have more technology than any new car.

Old 12-03-2013, 05:02 PM
ZABUCH is on a distinguished road
Wink speaker

Originally Posted by Dennis C
I've got Focals in my C4S coupe and they are very nice. They are a great improvement over the stock Bose speakers.
do you have any pic's

Old 12-03-2013, 08:02 PM
BiteEmNBeatEm has much to be proud ofBiteEmNBeatEm has much to be proud ofBiteEmNBeatEm has much to be proud ofBiteEmNBeatEm has much to be proud ofBiteEmNBeatEm has much to be proud ofBiteEmNBeatEm has much to be proud ofBiteEmNBeatEm has much to be proud ofBiteEmNBeatEm has much to be proud ofBiteEmNBeatEm has much to be proud of
I'm running Focal speakers, alpine 5ch amp in my 996

Old 12-05-2013, 03:03 PM
jkscherk is on a distinguished road
Crap...I just bought 2 sets of 100 CA1 for the front and back of my Cab. Too late to return them. I thought the backs looked close. Can anyone confirm 100% they won't fit?

Old 12-06-2013, 12:59 AM
I am ordering hertz 100.3 dcx. It seems to be one of the smallest mounting size for my rear

Old 12-06-2013, 08:07 AM
Originally Posted by jkscherk
Crap...I just bought 2 sets of 100 CA1 for the front and back of my Cab. Too late to return them. I thought the backs looked close. Can anyone confirm 100% they won't fit?
i would open and close the top a few times to see how much room is really there. I did not want to take a chance of anything hitting the roof mechanism .

Old 12-17-2013, 08:57 AM
jkscherk is on a distinguished road
i would open and close the top a few times to see how much room is really there. I did not want to take a chance of anything hitting the roof mechanism .
It did seem close but I didn't mess around too much yet. Was just doing some preliminary checking. I think one easy option would be to cut a spacer plate the exact dimensions of the grille and use that in combination with the grill to raise the whole unit up (thus shallowing the mounting depth needed.) Wouldn't think you'd need more than 1/2".

This will be my winter project as my baby is tucked away here in WI for a few months!

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: 996 cabriolet...what speakers do you recommend?