996 Previous model naturally aspirated Porsche 911 community. Discuss C2, C2s, C4, C4s, Targa and Cabriolets.

Passenger door/window

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 06-07-2014, 07:00 AM
acmf74 is on a distinguished road
Passenger door/window

My passenger door wont close one the first try. It appears that the window doesn't retract enough to release the air in the cabin.

Does the window motor need to be adjusted or do I need a whole new unit for the window?

Thanks!

Old 06-07-2014, 08:37 AM
peteb3 is on a distinguished road
You could try adjusting
Most likely it's the micro switch in the door handle
Common problem
Search on here or rennlist

Old 06-07-2014, 09:50 AM
Vantaredoc Is a GOD !Vantaredoc Is a GOD !Vantaredoc Is a GOD !Vantaredoc Is a GOD !Vantaredoc Is a GOD !Vantaredoc Is a GOD !Vantaredoc Is a GOD !Vantaredoc Is a GOD !Vantaredoc Is a GOD !Vantaredoc Is a GOD !Vantaredoc Is a GOD !
My drivers door just started this! If i pull slightly on the handle I can hear it try. If I push down on glass with door open it will stay down. When I close the door it goes up like normal. All the searching leads me to a bad regulator

Old 06-07-2014, 07:59 PM
denversteve has a reputation beyond reputedenversteve has a reputation beyond reputedenversteve has a reputation beyond reputedenversteve has a reputation beyond reputedenversteve has a reputation beyond reputedenversteve has a reputation beyond reputedenversteve has a reputation beyond reputedenversteve has a reputation beyond reputedenversteve has a reputation beyond reputedenversteve has a reputation beyond reputedenversteve has a reputation beyond repute
Do what Vantaredoc did. If you get the same result you too will need a new regulator. The window doesn't drop to let air out. It does it to clear the lip on the cabriolet roof.

Old 06-08-2014, 09:50 AM
Dennis C is a splendid one to beholdDennis C is a splendid one to beholdDennis C is a splendid one to beholdDennis C is a splendid one to beholdDennis C is a splendid one to beholdDennis C is a splendid one to beholdDennis C is a splendid one to beholdDennis C is a splendid one to behold
Usually it's a regulator problem if you're able to push the glass down by hand and it raises when you close the door. If not, then it's probably a micro switch problem.

Old 06-08-2014, 12:15 PM
lowpue has much to be proud oflowpue has much to be proud oflowpue has much to be proud oflowpue has much to be proud oflowpue has much to be proud oflowpue has much to be proud oflowpue has much to be proud oflowpue has much to be proud oflowpue has much to be proud of
I had the same problem a couple of days ago. I just did the what we did with some other cars.
1) Lowered the window and got in the car
2) Rolled up the window keeping my finger pressing down even after it reaches the top. Held it there for 5 seconds. Released button. \
3) Pushed down again the button again and held it for 5 seconds.

Don't know if it was luck or what but It hasn't caused me a problem since. Try that and see what happens. Otherwise its a hardware issue.