996 Previous model naturally aspirated Porsche 911 community. Discuss C2, C2s, C4, C4s, Targa and Cabriolets.

A G-D Da*n Futher Muckin Deer Just smashed my sh&t on the way to work!!!!!!!!!!!!

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 11-12-2003, 08:13 AM
01-996 is on a distinguished road
A G-D Da*n Futher Muckin Deer Just smashed my sh&t on the way to work!!!!!!!!!!!!

I am on my way to work this morning, just pulled out of my street. Not one minute after all of a sudden BANG I am like WTF was that. Look in the rear view and saw the little fuc*er sittin there dead as a door nail. I pull over and I hear my door creak. Obviously a very bad sign. Get out and am pleasetly surprised at the damage. While not terrible, definetly enought to ruin my already shi&&y week. I will post pictures asap. Sorry for the colorful language but it seems like one thing after another with this poor car. Atleast now I will finally put the MY-02 side skirts that just came from FA.....

Old 11-12-2003, 08:20 AM
Pioneer Member
Scott in H-town has a reputation beyond reputeScott in H-town has a reputation beyond reputeScott in H-town has a reputation beyond reputeScott in H-town has a reputation beyond reputeScott in H-town has a reputation beyond reputeScott in H-town has a reputation beyond reputeScott in H-town has a reputation beyond reputeScott in H-town has a reputation beyond reputeScott in H-town has a reputation beyond reputeScott in H-town has a reputation beyond reputeScott in H-town has a reputation beyond repute
So he ran into you? I've heard of this happening. That just sucks.
Do you like venison?

Old 11-12-2003, 08:27 AM
Scott here in MD it is a common occurence. I was crusin down the road and BANG. I though at first a bird had flown into the side of my car. I never saw him, just heard this loud *** thump and saw some blood fly up. I am animal lover which makes it at that much worse, I felt so bad for the cold wet dead deer. And no, not a big venison fan....

Old 11-12-2003, 08:51 AM
The Newest "Bling King"
Gary (Fl) is on a distinguished road
Originally posted by 01-996-c4me
Scott here in MD it is a common occurence. I was crusin down the road and BANG. I though at first a bird had flown into the side of my car. I never saw him, just heard this loud *** thump and saw some blood fly up. I am animal lover which makes it at that much worse, I felt so bad for the cold wet dead deer. And no, not a big venison fan....
Well you have one more to go to catch me.

I had a huge Buck in WV jump off an embankment in the mountains right on my hood and up into the windshield while at college.. Sent me down a cliff and was saved by a tree I broadsided. Totaled my 64 VW Bug and injured my passenger... (I did not really like her anyway ) J/K...

Then when I moved to Fl. The first year there I was driving to a Christmas party and smash a small doe runs in front of me and 1,200 dollars later my car was fixed..

I stay far away from Deer......

Old 11-12-2003, 02:45 PM
JASCLASS will become famous soon enoughJASCLASS will become famous soon enough
A few weeks ago heading up in the Turbo to Pocono Raceway for an event on the highway doing 65 in the left lane in the rain a deer starts to jump over the guardrail and run at the side of the car, I swerve into the middle lane and still today dont know how it missed the car, very close call.

Old 11-12-2003, 03:05 PM
I just took the car to the dealer and they said they do not need to replace the quarter panel, which is good. I hope they can blend it and make it look right. What a miserable week this has been....

Old 11-12-2003, 06:09 PM
Ken
Ken is a jewel in the roughKen is a jewel in the roughKen is a jewel in the roughKen is a jewel in the rough
did the deer have insurance?

Old 11-12-2003, 06:28 PM
Talking

Uninsured motorist! What cha gonna do??????????

Old 11-13-2003, 06:05 AM
The Newest "Bling King"
Originally posted by 01-996-c4me
Uninsured motorist! What cha gonna do??????????
It is covered under your comp coverage, not collision. At the time I had my two incidents, I had zero deductable on comp since you never knew when you would wake up in the morning and find your windows smashed on the streets of NY. Dad's car got the garage....

Old 11-13-2003, 06:21 AM
RDH
RDH Is a GOD !RDH Is a GOD !RDH Is a GOD !RDH Is a GOD !RDH Is a GOD !RDH Is a GOD !RDH Is a GOD !RDH Is a GOD !RDH Is a GOD !RDH Is a GOD !RDH Is a GOD !
Originally posted by Gary (Fl)
Well you have one more to go to catch me.

I had a huge Buck in WV jump off an embankment in the mountains right on my hood and up into the windshield while at college.. Sent me down a cliff and was saved by a tree I broadsided. Totaled my 64 VW Bug and injured my passenger... (I did not really like her anyway ) J/K...

Then when I moved to Fl. The first year there I was driving to a Christmas party and smash a small doe runs in front of me and 1,200 dollars later my car was fixed..

I stay far away from Deer......
Hey Gary,
Do us a favor and dont drive at or around Christmas. I have a feeling there would be a massacre of Santas raindeers if you were on the roads..........

Old 11-13-2003, 06:53 AM
While it is comprehensive, last time I claimed something that was comprehensive my rate was increased 93 dollars a quarter....

Old 11-13-2003, 08:20 AM
The Newest "Bling King"
Originally posted by RDH
Hey Gary,
Do us a favor and dont drive at or around Christmas. I have a feeling there would be a massacre of Santas raindeers if you were on the roads..........
Don't worry Rob,

With the new Techart type II front Bumper I should have plenty of room for reindeer body parts in the large air intakes...