996 Previous model naturally aspirated Porsche 911 community. Discuss C2, C2s, C4, C4s, Targa and Cabriolets.

EVO Supercharger Owners' Thread

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 05-21-2006, 11:52 AM
Captain Tal will become famous soon enough
I am thinking of changing my pulley to a smaller size to increase boost and power. Does anyone have any experience with this or could offer some advice?

Old 05-21-2006, 12:58 PM
1999Porsche911 has a brilliant future1999Porsche911 has a brilliant future1999Porsche911 has a brilliant future1999Porsche911 has a brilliant future1999Porsche911 has a brilliant future1999Porsche911 has a brilliant future1999Porsche911 has a brilliant future1999Porsche911 has a brilliant future1999Porsche911 has a brilliant future1999Porsche911 has a brilliant future1999Porsche911 has a brilliant future
Originally Posted by Captain Tal
I am thinking of changing my pulley to a smaller size to increase boost and power. Does anyone have any experience with this or could offer some advice?
Not a problem as long as you continue to run the proper Fuel/Air mixture with the new pulley. Take a reading at WOT and you are porpbably a little on the rich side with the standard pulley, giving you more than enough fuel to go down in pulley size.

Just for info, increasing boost alone does not always increase power and performance.

Last edited by 1999Porsche911; 05-21-2006 at 01:00 PM.
Old 05-21-2006, 01:02 PM
Captain Tal will become famous soon enough
Originally Posted by 1999Porsche911
Not a problem as long as you continue to run the proper Fuel/Air mixture with the new pulley. Take a reading at WOT and you are porpbably a little on the rich side with the standard pulley, giving you more than enough fuel to go down in pulley size.

Just for info, increasing boost alone does not always increase power and performance.
Any recommendations on how to increase power without taking too much risk of blowing up my motor?

Old 05-21-2006, 01:50 PM
deputydog95 Is a GOD !deputydog95 Is a GOD !deputydog95 Is a GOD !deputydog95 Is a GOD !deputydog95 Is a GOD !deputydog95 Is a GOD !deputydog95 Is a GOD !deputydog95 Is a GOD !deputydog95 Is a GOD !deputydog95 Is a GOD !deputydog95 Is a GOD !
ditto on what 1999 said. go with a very slightly smaller pulley. my AF's are a little rich with the standard evo software. somewhere around low 11's at WOT. from what i understand 12 to 1 is optimal. just make sure you throw it on a dyno or get an AF gauge to make sure you're not pushing it with the smaller pulley. although i'm sure your stock clutch won't thank you for the upgrade

Old 06-08-2006, 06:18 PM
Cool996 is a jewel in the roughCool996 is a jewel in the roughCool996 is a jewel in the roughCool996 is a jewel in the rough
Was this issue ever solved?

Originally Posted by Steve L.
I had the codes checked in the computer earlier today and right now only the 5th cylinder is misfiring. We did not see any codes from the 4th cylinder this time. I have put about 100 miles on the car since the latest time the fault codes were scanned (Friday). I am not sure if replacing the air filter of mass airflow sensor helped with this or not....

The repair shop still feels it might be a computer issue. They called EVO today and ask if we could swap the DME unit out for testing purposes. We found out the the computer is tied to the keys so this will not be possible without going to the dealer. EVO is supposed to call back tomorrow with some more recommendations. The repair shop mentioned a few things that had me a little startled. They suggested that we check the hydrocarbons as close to the problem as possible. They first suggested unplugging the O2 sensor and running tests. After that they suggested drilling a hole in to the area of the engine where they could test the hydocarbons for that specific cylinder. I have never heard of this and asked how they would repair this. He said they would mig-weld it and then smooth it out. Somehow this doesn't sound good to me. I am hoping EVO has a better suggestion.

Todera - The problems I have all seem to occur at little or no boost. For example, last Friday when I picked up the car from the shop I had a problem about 20 miles later. The car was parked at idle for a couple of minutes while I was at my bank. My buddy said he felt some vibration but he didn't know there was anything wrong until I told him when I got back. It may be coincidence but it seems a few times the problem actually went away when I stepped on the gas. THe problem has probably happened about 30 times or so now. Each time it has been at either idle or little or no acceleration. It does seem to happen a few times when I have been pushing the car hard and then the car is coasting or maintaining a slower speed (less that 30mph) for a minute or two. I also found out that the vacuum tests did not show any wavering. They also have done a few other tests such as a smoke test and I think some type of ozone test or something like that.

Viper501 - All hoses have been checked as far as I know. I am going to bring up the boost issue tomorrow. EVO asked how much boost I was running as well.

Old 06-13-2006, 12:04 AM
karlooz is on a distinguished road
Originally Posted by Cool996
Was this issue ever solved?

bump. any luck in getting it fixed DDOG?

Old 06-13-2006, 06:46 AM
deputydog95 Is a GOD !deputydog95 Is a GOD !deputydog95 Is a GOD !deputydog95 Is a GOD !deputydog95 Is a GOD !deputydog95 Is a GOD !deputydog95 Is a GOD !deputydog95 Is a GOD !deputydog95 Is a GOD !deputydog95 Is a GOD !deputydog95 Is a GOD !
it's almost done. apparently the dealer it's at now had to redo most of the original install. it should be wrapped up in the next day or so. i'm keeping my fingers crossed. it's been gone for about 7 weeks now.

Old 06-13-2006, 09:17 AM
Originally Posted by deputydog95
it's almost done. apparently the dealer it's at now had to redo most of the original install. it should be wrapped up in the next day or so. i'm keeping my fingers crossed. it's been gone for about 7 weeks now.

fingers crossed. please keep us updated so we can all know what went wrong.

Old 06-24-2006, 02:07 PM
s14roller is a splendid one to beholds14roller is a splendid one to beholds14roller is a splendid one to beholds14roller is a splendid one to beholds14roller is a splendid one to beholds14roller is a splendid one to beholds14roller is a splendid one to behold
I recently had someone with a EVO SCed car tell me it was for sale at a great price but the car was red...I'm hoping by posting here I'll get some more exposure as well.

Is there anyone who reads this thread considering selling their SCed 911? I'm a serious buyer looking for a 99-01, silver, gray or black. Black interior, 6sp, around 40-45K miles. Please PM me if so. TIA.

Old 06-24-2006, 06:07 PM
Mother will become famous soon enough
Forsale

Originally Posted by s14roller
I recently had someone with a EVO SCed car tell me it was for sale at a great price but the car was red...I'm hoping by posting here I'll get some more exposure as well.

Is there anyone who reads this thread considering selling their SCed 911? I'm a serious buyer looking for a 99-01, silver, gray or black. Black interior, 6sp, around 40-45K miles. Please PM me if so. TIA.
I think Dan at vividracing was selling his a white 1999, you might contact him he just installed the roots style (TPC) SC. Good Luck on your future purchase.

dan@vividracing.com

Old 06-24-2006, 09:04 PM
s14roller is a splendid one to beholds14roller is a splendid one to beholds14roller is a splendid one to beholds14roller is a splendid one to beholds14roller is a splendid one to beholds14roller is a splendid one to beholds14roller is a splendid one to behold
Originally Posted by Mother
I think Dan at vividracing was selling his a white 1999, you might contact him he just installed the roots style (TPC) SC. Good Luck on your future purchase.

dan@vividracing.com
He is but we have some trouble coming to terms. I'm going to wait until all those people who claim they have the money go first. I'm pretty patient and if it sells, it's probably better off that I didn't empty out my savings and then some lol.

Not to mention the red one that was offered to me was much more affordable. He was asking upper 30s for one with a EVO SC, 50K miles and factory aerokit. It didn't have as mods but the SC is enough for me. If the color was different I'd already have a deposit on the car.

Thanks for everyone who's been giving me the heads-up on cars though...I greatly appreciate it! Hopefully my wait won't be too much longer and I'll be able to post some pics.

Old 06-25-2006, 04:14 PM
jungzilla is on a distinguished road
dog,
is your car on the road yet? how's she running?

Old 06-25-2006, 04:32 PM
Allgedly it's done. It's down at an EVO dealer in Sarasota. I haven't driven it, but the word on the street is that it's better than ever They are bringing it up to the dealer in St. Pete for me this week to take care of a few small paint mishaps that occured at the St. Pete Evo dealer while they were working on it. I've got my fingers crossed. It's only been two months since it went back into the shop, what's another week or so? One month at the first dealer, One month at the second dealer. I probably have a total of at least three and a half months in the shop now including the original install time.

however, in EVO's defense, the original dealer wasn't really quite up to the task and that amounted to most of the problems. it was definatley more install error than the kit. the second EVO dealer that it was at most recently found over 18 different points on the install that needed to be corrected. i won't bore you with the details, but it was some pretty significant stuff. nothing that would have blown the car up, but most assuredly was the cause of many of the problems.

can't wait to get her home. there was a point when this car ran like a beast with the EVO kit. it felt riddiculous. i hope it's back to the point again. i really enjoyed that. good thing this isn't my daily driver

on the brighter side, i have been doing a complete garage make over while my car has been ill in the hospital. having the extra space in the garage has made that task a lot easier

Old 06-25-2006, 06:40 PM
Originally Posted by deputydog95
...found over 18 different points on the install that needed to be corrected. i won't bore you with the details, but it was some pretty significant stuff. nothing that would have blown the car up, but most assuredly was the cause of many of the problems. ...
glad everything is ok. i would like to know the major install problems though. what was the cause of the overheated intercooler?

Old 06-25-2006, 09:42 PM
jungzilla is on a distinguished road
Dog,
glad to hear the car will be back home soon. I'm going on 8k on my blower and no problems. Mike from evo did the install himself though.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: EVO Supercharger Owners' Thread