996 Previous model naturally aspirated Porsche 911 community. Discuss C2, C2s, C4, C4s, Targa and Cabriolets.

996 3.6 VF Engineering Supercharger

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 06-03-2015, 11:42 AM
cdiehl is on a distinguished road
996 3.6 VF Engineering Supercharger

Hello....New to the site and forum. I have a 2004 911 4S with a V3 VF Engineering Supercharger and was wondering if anyone else had something like this? Runs awesome and fast....Chris

Old 06-03-2015, 01:09 PM
FLA996TT Is a GOD !FLA996TT Is a GOD !FLA996TT Is a GOD !FLA996TT Is a GOD !FLA996TT Is a GOD !FLA996TT Is a GOD !FLA996TT Is a GOD !FLA996TT Is a GOD !FLA996TT Is a GOD !FLA996TT Is a GOD !FLA996TT Is a GOD !
First welcome....I'm sure some will chime in, that's a pretty popular mod.

Originally Posted by cdiehl
Hello....New to the site and forum. I have a 2004 911 4S with a V3 VF Engineering Supercharger and was wondering if anyone else had something like this? Runs awesome and fast....Chris

Old 06-03-2015, 01:22 PM
Thanks

Thanks for the welcome. New to Porsche too, its my first one and just got it a few weeks ago.

Old 06-03-2015, 02:22 PM
Valkuri is a jewel in the roughValkuri is a jewel in the roughValkuri is a jewel in the rough
Originally Posted by cdiehl
Welcome! I have an '03 C4S, and have been very curious about this mod. While many suggest that more power is better obtained by simply paying the extra 10k for a 996TT, I wanted the C4S instead, as (to me) it is simply a better looking vehicle. Thought about it long and hard; wouldn't mind more power, however.
Did you have the supercharger installed, or buy it from someone else with it already in place? Seems to be around $9k plus installation cost of around $2k from what I can discern; is this reasonably accurate? Horsepower appears about 50HP above the standard issue Turbo. Have you ever driven both and compared/contrasted?

Inquiring minds want to know! Please share with the other kids in class.

Old 06-03-2015, 03:10 PM
trisgale is on a distinguished road
I have one on my 4s. Installed myself. Only thing that was somewhat difficult was accessing the Injectors. Very happy with the results.

Old 06-04-2015, 09:51 AM
Definitely more than 50HP....more in the 120-140HP range so very fast. I have not had it long but it's really nice and quick, too quick for my wife! Spoke to some folks locally and in the US, all were very positive on their experience. Local fellow with a modified M3 from VF has run it for more than 80,000KM with no issues.

Old 06-04-2015, 09:53 AM
Already on car when I purchased it. Normally about $1000 - $1500 to install. Used probably in the 4K range plus the ECU or new VF Software for about $900. Hope that helps

Old 06-05-2015, 12:11 PM
silverfizz has much to be proud ofsilverfizz has much to be proud ofsilverfizz has much to be proud ofsilverfizz has much to be proud ofsilverfizz has much to be proud ofsilverfizz has much to be proud ofsilverfizz has much to be proud ofsilverfizz has much to be proud ofsilverfizz has much to be proud of
Welcome!

Now get your *** out and make some Movie/Pics for us 6speeders

Old 06-05-2015, 05:34 PM
Doug996InKC will become famous soon enoughDoug996InKC will become famous soon enough
Welcome Chris. I too have the version 3 of VF's kit. Installed it in my garage over a cold winter a few years ago. Feel free to ask any questions regarding DIY. As this is a new purchase, I would consider changing its oil. Buy it directly from VF. It's color is red.

Oh, you're going to have fun cleaning the air filter too. It's tucked WAY up the rear passenger quarter panel. I decided to modify the intake a bit, as shown here. At the moment, it's not rain-proof. And it's running a bit leaner than normal, but it sure does sound better, and is much easier to clean the filter.

Old 06-05-2015, 06:18 PM
theclutch is on a distinguished road
Originally Posted by Doug996InKC
Welcome Chris. I too have the version 3 of VF's kit. Installed it in my garage over a cold winter a few years ago. Feel free to ask any questions regarding DIY. As this is a new purchase, I would consider changing its oil. Buy it directly from VF. It's color is red.

Oh, you're going to have fun cleaning the air filter too. It's tucked WAY up the rear passenger quarter panel. I decided to modify the intake a bit, as shown here. At the moment, it's not rain-proof. And it's running a bit leaner than normal, but it sure does sound better, and is much easier to clean the filter.

So I guess since there isn't much space that there's no intercooler, huh?

Old 06-06-2015, 06:29 AM
silverfizz has much to be proud ofsilverfizz has much to be proud ofsilverfizz has much to be proud ofsilverfizz has much to be proud ofsilverfizz has much to be proud ofsilverfizz has much to be proud ofsilverfizz has much to be proud ofsilverfizz has much to be proud ofsilverfizz has much to be proud of
Originally Posted by theclutch
So I guess since there isn't much space that there's no intercooler, huh?

Oh yes there are one! Its the black Square thing you see in the right of the Picture with the hose labeld VF conected to it.!

Old 06-07-2015, 02:59 PM
996lee is on a distinguished road
I really wanna do this in the future
do you have any videos of this in action?

Old 06-11-2015, 05:46 PM
Former Vendor
vividracing Is a GOD !vividracing Is a GOD !vividracing Is a GOD !vividracing Is a GOD !vividracing Is a GOD !vividracing Is a GOD !vividracing Is a GOD !vividracing Is a GOD !vividracing Is a GOD !vividracing Is a GOD !vividracing Is a GOD !
We have had numerous customers run the VF kits on their 996s and have had some pretty awesome results. If anyone is interested in pricing or more info send me a PM, I can get deals for 6speed members on this kit.

-Austin

Old 06-13-2015, 09:32 PM
Valkuri is a jewel in the roughValkuri is a jewel in the roughValkuri is a jewel in the rough
If anyone is interested in pricing or more info send me a PM, I can get deals for 6speed members on this kit.

-Austin
PM sent via Email.

Old 06-14-2015, 04:36 AM
Porsche_Shiftin04 will become famous soon enoughPorsche_Shiftin04 will become famous soon enough
Looks like this will be my next purchase after I finish up my front end conversion.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: 996 3.6 VF Engineering Supercharger