996 Previous model naturally aspirated Porsche 911 community. Discuss C2, C2s, C4, C4s, Targa and Cabriolets.

This might save you money

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 01-14-2006, 08:58 PM
Turbo Mike is on a distinguished road
This might save you money

This might be lengthy, not to bad mouth this establishment BUT, The other day I took my car to Naples Porsche to have it checked over seeing that my warranty is going to end in 1 month. So they looked it over and told me that my RMS was wet but not really leaking but they would change it anyway under warranty (cool) they also said I had a broken weld on my exhaust tip, and they would fix that under warranty. Then they said that my clutch was a little stiff and that could mean it was worn and I would need to get that fixed but I would only have to pay for a clutch kit because the labor would be covered under warranty with the RMS service (that was cool also). So I asked how much for a clutch kit? $1000 (ouch) I said ok let me figure out a time I could have it fixed. I decided to call Suncoast Porsche in Sarasota FL to get their price, they always had the best prices on parts, I talked to Phil Anderson (great guy) he tells me I clutch kit cost $464.45 (big difference). So I call back Naples Porsche and told them how much Suncoast was charging and if they could meet that price? They told me that they couldn’t cut their price in half, but at the time I talked to them (Friday pm) the parts dept was closed and he would have to wait till Monday to let me know for sure. Today is the following Friday and still no call (that pisses me off). So my car is at Suncoast Porsche getting the service done. It is very unfortunate that the local dealership is so god-dam uppity because they are in Naples, that they can think they can charge what ever they want. So my (long winded) point is shop around you don’t need to get ripped off, and it is worth the drive not to give my business to Naples Porsche.
PS: also every part I ever bought from Suncoast Porsche was at least half the price of Naples Porsche..

Old 01-15-2006, 07:26 AM
leftlane has a reputation beyond reputeleftlane has a reputation beyond reputeleftlane has a reputation beyond reputeleftlane has a reputation beyond reputeleftlane has a reputation beyond reputeleftlane has a reputation beyond reputeleftlane has a reputation beyond reputeleftlane has a reputation beyond reputeleftlane has a reputation beyond reputeleftlane has a reputation beyond reputeleftlane has a reputation beyond repute
I'm glad you saved some dough - that always ticks me off too. I had to have the rear vinyl window replaced on my cab top, and the dealership was going to charge me $1300 to do it. I took it to an independent Porsche shop, and they sent it to the exact same place as the Porsche dealer to fix it, but charged me $600.

Dealers wonder why they usually get warranty work and nothing else....

Old 01-15-2006, 09:42 PM
Brucem is a name known to allBrucem is a name known to allBrucem is a name known to allBrucem is a name known to allBrucem is a name known to allBrucem is a name known to all
another dealer to call that always gives great serice and prices is Sunset Porsche in Portland OR. they have an online catalog that is awesome. I spent 30 min. on the phone with one of the parts guys to make sure we had the right part (and he has 10 years Porsche parts experience)

Old 01-17-2006, 08:38 AM
jnx
jnx is a splendid one to beholdjnx is a splendid one to beholdjnx is a splendid one to beholdjnx is a splendid one to beholdjnx is a splendid one to beholdjnx is a splendid one to beholdjnx is a splendid one to beholdjnx is a splendid one to behold
Did you ask if you could supply the parts?

Old 01-17-2006, 11:49 AM
yellowbmr is just really niceyellowbmr is just really niceyellowbmr is just really niceyellowbmr is just really niceyellowbmr is just really nice
you would have been more pissed if you went to newport beach :)

Old 01-17-2006, 12:44 PM
ZEMDOGG is on a distinguished road
Sounds like Naples was charging retail. Nothing wrong with asking for it. Obviously it was smart to call around but I wouldnt say they were trying to rip you off. Just my opinion.

Old 01-17-2006, 12:58 PM
jnx
jnx is a splendid one to beholdjnx is a splendid one to beholdjnx is a splendid one to beholdjnx is a splendid one to beholdjnx is a splendid one to beholdjnx is a splendid one to beholdjnx is a splendid one to beholdjnx is a splendid one to behold
I agree with the last post about charging retail, But you at least can ask for a discount, or should be able to supply your own parts.

Old 01-17-2006, 08:41 PM
Turbo Mike is on a distinguished road
I asked if theycould match the price and they said they couldn't cut their price inhalf, and they did not return my call. According to suncoast, you can charge anything you want to as long as it's over dealer cost. I think 100% markup is a little excessive.