996 Previous model naturally aspirated Porsche 911 community. Discuss C2, C2s, C4, C4s, Targa and Cabriolets.

Project White Shark 996...

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 05-17-2006, 01:57 AM
sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !
Talking Project White Shark 996...

UPDATE: Video of the finished result: http://videos.g33kd.net/sharkwerks_9...bi_exhaust.wmv

OK so after seeing the prices come down so much on these 996s, today we finally brought home a 1999 996 C2 for the shop. We work on so many 996/997s and have the 996TT to take care of that side of the fence but now we have an NA (for now lol) 996 to showcase some of the stuff we do in the Bay Area as well. Oh and it makes for a great track car too. It's already under 3000 pounds so we'll see where that takes us. I've always liked the 99s. No PSM, no E-gas and so forth and plus it's white....

Anyways, we've already slapped some Fikses on it that we have at the shop, some clear side markers, CF mirrors, the SSK and soon we'll get started on the more serious stuff such as the EVO SC, light weight flywheel, some coil overs blah blah blah.....

Speaking of the Bay Area I also wanted to mention what a nice experience I had at my usual haunt now at Carlsen Porsche. Every Porsche I ever buy is always from there guys (plus they have Brian to back you up in service). Gary Q over there (their head honcho in sales) is so non-pressure and down to Earth. I bought my 996TT from elsewhere and will never ever repeat that experience. The 997GT3 is also on order with him. If you're happy where you're at now then great and if not give those guys a try (ask for Gary).

Attached Images     

Last edited by sharkster; 06-26-2007 at 01:16 PM.
Old 05-17-2006, 02:25 AM
03-turbo911 is a splendid one to behold03-turbo911 is a splendid one to behold03-turbo911 is a splendid one to behold03-turbo911 is a splendid one to behold03-turbo911 is a splendid one to behold03-turbo911 is a splendid one to behold03-turbo911 is a splendid one to behold
Nice project Alex. Those rear wheels do stick out further than they should though

I know that you're commited to doing an SC install on the 996, but how about doing a stroker? That's going to be fun.

Old 05-17-2006, 03:19 AM
sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !
Hehe thanks Khalid.. I know on the rears Once the coil overs go in and it drops and the camber comes in (not to mention the control arms) that'll settle.. On the stroker, not a bad idea and maybe we'll do both:P

Old 05-17-2006, 10:07 AM
c4bliss will become famous soon enoughc4bliss will become famous soon enough
Oh this is gonna be fun to watch!!!!! Congrats!

Old 05-17-2006, 10:18 AM
Brian Haske will become famous soon enoughBrian Haske will become famous soon enough
Originally Posted by c4bliss
I agree Robert. The car was in pretty bad shape when it left, going to be interesting to see how its brought back to a supercharged life

Old 05-17-2006, 10:20 AM
MeanMachine is a glorious beacon of lightMeanMachine is a glorious beacon of lightMeanMachine is a glorious beacon of lightMeanMachine is a glorious beacon of lightMeanMachine is a glorious beacon of light
Im interested to see whats going to put in your project Carrera !

Old 05-17-2006, 10:35 AM
evo_333 will become famous soon enoughevo_333 will become famous soon enough
very nice!! Its amazing what a nice set of wheels does to a car. Can't wait to see the final product

Old 05-17-2006, 11:58 AM
Originally Posted by Brian Haske
I agree Robert. The car was in pretty bad shape when it left, going to be interesting to see how its brought back to a supercharged life
Hehe wasn't too bad actually man! Other than the usual RMS but that's fine.. in goes a light weight flywheel etc... The other chewed wires are just 02 sensor ones... Gotta figure out that CEL wiring grounding issue... Looks like pin 79 and trace it back. SC will make it sweeeeet...

Already getting a crazy front end and rear

Old 05-17-2006, 12:04 PM
Originally Posted by c4bliss
You know it man!!!

Old 05-17-2006, 12:09 PM
Brucem is a name known to allBrucem is a name known to allBrucem is a name known to allBrucem is a name known to allBrucem is a name known to allBrucem is a name known to all
Great find Alex! hope to see you do what we talked about! what size wheels and tires are those??

The white is so cool! i love that color, so much you can do with graphics

Old 05-17-2006, 12:50 PM
karlooz is on a distinguished road
suweeet! already have fikses... looks like you need some flares with those offsets

so ya gonna keep it a secret or are you gonna tell us what front end/rear end you are going with?

Old 05-17-2006, 12:51 PM
SilverBlue is on a distinguished road
Alex,

I'm selling my 99 996 just in time to devote my undivided attention to watching you transform this animal!

John

Old 05-17-2006, 01:12 PM
Originally Posted by Brucem
Great find Alex! hope to see you do what we talked about! what size wheels and tires are those??

The white is so cool! i love that color, so much you can do with graphics
Yeah man It's neat.. Can't wait to start stripping it out too. Only 2920 pounds already... and that's stock.

Tires are 285s but the rear wheels are 10.5 and not quite the right offset.. Well yet:P

Old 05-17-2006, 01:13 PM
Originally Posted by SilverBlue
Alex,

I'm selling my 99 996 just in time to devote my undivided attention to watching you transform this animal!

John
Sorry to see you selling it Yous still gonna have it for the drive on the 24th>?

Old 05-17-2006, 01:14 PM
Originally Posted by karlooz
suweeet! already have fikses... looks like you need some flares with those offsets

so ya gonna keep it a secret or are you gonna tell us what front end/rear end you are going with?
heheh i know man ANd that will be solved.. SHORTLY!

Still figuring it out but it will look race-car-ish:P

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Project White Shark 996...