996 Previous model naturally aspirated Porsche 911 community. Discuss C2, C2s, C4, C4s, Targa and Cabriolets.

Paintless Dent Removal -- Help

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 07-23-2006, 10:30 PM
tlgee is on a distinguished road
Paintless Dent Removal -- Help

Hello 6speeders,

I was wondering if there has been anyone here experience paintless dent removal. I just got my car to where I want it and some inconsiderate person at my place of work opens their door and dings me.

It is about 1.5" long but very subtle. You can only see dent from one direction. Any advice???

Tommy

Old 07-23-2006, 10:37 PM
djantlive Is a GOD !djantlive Is a GOD !djantlive Is a GOD !djantlive Is a GOD !djantlive Is a GOD !djantlive Is a GOD !djantlive Is a GOD !djantlive Is a GOD !djantlive Is a GOD !djantlive Is a GOD !djantlive Is a GOD !
get a referral from someone. it works like a charm but the skill varies. dent pro usually have average service but charges more. if the ding is not near the edge of a body panel, it should be pretty easy to restore 100%.

where are you located?

Old 07-23-2006, 10:40 PM
No not near edge, passenger rear qtr. Tucson, Arizona.

Tommy

Old 07-23-2006, 11:34 PM
wross996TT Is a GOD !wross996TT Is a GOD !wross996TT Is a GOD !wross996TT Is a GOD !wross996TT Is a GOD !wross996TT Is a GOD !wross996TT Is a GOD !wross996TT Is a GOD !wross996TT Is a GOD !wross996TT Is a GOD !wross996TT Is a GOD !
I just had my daughter's vw fixed with the painteless dent repair and it worked great. I agree that it may depend on who is doing it, but I was impressed!

Old 07-23-2006, 11:51 PM
raffi will become famous soon enough
I had a pretty bad crease (worse than a ding) came out perfect. Make sure you get an experience guy because they are using alot of tools which can potentially harm the paint.

Old 07-24-2006, 11:08 AM
John Romano is on a distinguished road
I had a ding in my L Rear quarter about the size of a gold ball. I saw that comercial on TV for the dent popper thing where you hot glue a little puller on top of the dent and then use a thing that looks lke a gear puller. I saw the thing at Pep Boys for $17.95 and bought it on a whim. It popped the dent right out the first try and it looks perfect. As long as there is no crease it will work.

Old 07-25-2006, 12:52 PM
Former Vendor
Wheel Dynamics has a reputation beyond reputeWheel Dynamics has a reputation beyond reputeWheel Dynamics has a reputation beyond reputeWheel Dynamics has a reputation beyond reputeWheel Dynamics has a reputation beyond reputeWheel Dynamics has a reputation beyond reputeWheel Dynamics has a reputation beyond reputeWheel Dynamics has a reputation beyond reputeWheel Dynamics has a reputation beyond reputeWheel Dynamics has a reputation beyond reputeWheel Dynamics has a reputation beyond repute
Talking

Here's a guy that I used...... Very quick and I can't see my ding!

Steve Brown
(818) 481-0839
Please tell him Eli FORMERLY OF Pelican refered you...

I no longer have any affiliation with Pelican Parts since Wayne took over (bought out Tom) there was really no reason to stay. Tom was a wonderful person to work for but Wayne is an other story.

Live, Learn & Move on.

-Eli

https://www.6speedonline.com/forums/...ad.php?t=46223

-Eli

Last edited by Wheel Dynamics; 12-14-2006 at 09:37 PM.
Old 07-25-2006, 01:20 PM
raffi will become famous soon enough
Eli, the guy that did mine was great too, but I think tlgee said he is from tuscon arizona...
if you need another referral in LA/OC I will find his #

Old 07-25-2006, 01:49 PM
wross996TT Is a GOD !wross996TT Is a GOD !wross996TT Is a GOD !wross996TT Is a GOD !wross996TT Is a GOD !wross996TT Is a GOD !wross996TT Is a GOD !wross996TT Is a GOD !wross996TT Is a GOD !wross996TT Is a GOD !wross996TT Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by FastForwardwheels
Very quick and I can't see my ding!
This sounds like a personal problem ...sorry I couldn't resist

Old 07-25-2006, 06:15 PM
Thanks everyone for the reply. I now feel much more confident about the whole process. I just got back from Dent Busters in Tucson Arizona and he gave me a quote of $145 to take care of two dings. The other one was very very faint. He seemed knowlegeable and said it was no problem.

Well see next Tuesday, I will let you guys know how it comes out.

Tommy

Old 07-25-2006, 08:35 PM
Former Vendor
Wheel Dynamics has a reputation beyond reputeWheel Dynamics has a reputation beyond reputeWheel Dynamics has a reputation beyond reputeWheel Dynamics has a reputation beyond reputeWheel Dynamics has a reputation beyond reputeWheel Dynamics has a reputation beyond reputeWheel Dynamics has a reputation beyond reputeWheel Dynamics has a reputation beyond reputeWheel Dynamics has a reputation beyond reputeWheel Dynamics has a reputation beyond reputeWheel Dynamics has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by wross996TT
This sounds like a personal problem ...sorry I couldn't resist
It's OK..... Everyone slips now and then......

Old 08-02-2006, 10:20 PM
Baby is back!

Just picked up my car from Dent Busters today. They took out 2 dings for $145 and it looks perfect!! Very pleased, avoid paint if you can and go paintless.

Also dropped car off because I hit a curb yesterday and f***ed up my rim with severe curb rash. Priced out new barrell with Iforged for 250-300 and 2-4 week wait

Went to wheel repair place and they fixed it for $165 and it looks awesome. Cannot complain and didn't have to park the car.

Tommy

Old 08-03-2006, 01:01 AM
Former Vendor
Originally Posted by tlgee
Just picked up my car from Dent Busters today. They took out 2 dings for $145 and it looks perfect!! Very pleased, avoid paint if you can and go paintless.

Also dropped car off because I hit a curb yesterday and f***ed up my rim with severe curb rash. Priced out new barrell with Iforged for 250-300 and 2-4 week wait

Went to wheel repair place and they fixed it for $165 and it looks awesome. Cannot complain and didn't have to park the car.

Tommy
In the defense of Iforged they are offering to replace it with a new piece. While the other operation is a repair. Unless your repair place used a new barrell then it's apples and oranges.

-Eli

Old 08-03-2006, 03:35 PM
jhuanger629 will become famous soon enough
Hi guys, i'm in the oc area, and i need to take care of a sligh scuff on my left rear fender. DOH! i know.

can someone refer me to a place that does quality work? its really bugging me

thanks again.

Old 08-11-2006, 08:04 AM
ZX9RCAM is on a distinguished road
Originally Posted by John Romano
I had a ding in my L Rear quarter about the size of a gold ball.
Is this a typical unit of measure.........

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Paintless Dent Removal -- Help