996 Previous model naturally aspirated Porsche 911 community. Discuss C2, C2s, C4, C4s, Targa and Cabriolets.

This Might Be Dangerous

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 02-07-2007, 07:20 PM
996CABOVA is a jewel in the rough996CABOVA is a jewel in the rough996CABOVA is a jewel in the rough
This Might Be Dangerous

But I will post. My friend is picking up a BMW 335i. He has never had a nice car, so I get the call IM COMING FOR YOU. I like the new 335 and its FAST. Anyone race one against our cars. I have a 03 Cab I know it has to be close and thats fine with me Im happy with my car if a Kia beat it, just curious hes a competitive friend. And NO TROLLS ON THIS THREAD

Old 02-07-2007, 07:35 PM
DeAd-EyE is on a distinguished road
nothing to worry about, you'll take him. But he should be able to keep up well enough to not have any buyer's remorse

have fun guys.

Old 02-07-2007, 07:45 PM
newport996 will become famous soon enoughnewport996 will become famous soon enough
Its not as fast as a 996, and the handling is soft, so you will out corner him, as well a out brake him too.....so you go faster, turn faster and stop faster....but the 335 is a cool car....now if he mods it, chips the car to get more boost, puts coilovers on it and a brembo kit...then he will be DANGEROUS....

Old 02-07-2007, 08:16 PM
AsianImage is a jewel in the roughAsianImage is a jewel in the roughAsianImage is a jewel in the rough
Originally Posted by newport996
Its not as fast as a 996, and the handling is soft, so you will out corner him, as well a out brake him too.....so you go faster, turn faster and stop faster....but the 335 is a cool car....now if he mods it, chips the car to get more boost, puts coilovers on it and a brembo kit...then he will be DANGEROUS....
yeah what he said!

Old 02-07-2007, 09:12 PM
Gary II is a glorious beacon of lightGary II is a glorious beacon of lightGary II is a glorious beacon of lightGary II is a glorious beacon of lightGary II is a glorious beacon of lightGary II is a glorious beacon of light
I was at Willow Springs a week or so ago and there were two friends out there.
One had a 335 and the other had an ///M.

Both agreed that the ///M pulled off the line. (probably due to torque)
Then the 335 caught up through second, pulled half way through 3rd.
4th evened it out and then they had to slow down. (with the 335 in the lead)

The played this game a few times with very consistent results.
Mr. ///M was thinking it will be worth the trade "UP" when the mods become more readily available for the 335.
(if you consider it a trade up)

I really think the 335 is a very tunable car. (gorgeous as well when tasefully wheel'd and droped)
My personal preference is for the ///M, as a much more balanced, drivers car.

Old 02-07-2007, 09:25 PM
newport996 will become famous soon enoughnewport996 will become famous soon enough
Originally Posted by Gary II
I was at Willow Springs a week or so ago and there were two friends out there.
One had a 335 and the other had an ///M.

Both agreed that the ///M pulled off the line. (probably due to torque)
Then the 335 caught up through second, pulled half way through 3rd.
4th evened it out and then they had to slow down. (with the 335 in the lead)

The played this game a few times with very consistent results.
Mr. ///M was thinking it will be worth the trade "UP" when the mods become more readily available for the 335.
(if you consider it a trade up)

I really think the 335 is a very tunable car. (gorgeous as well when tasefully wheel'd and droped)
My personal preference is for the ///M, as a much more balanced, drivers car.

Which M car was it? Was it a e46 M3? Or was it an MZ3 Coupe or the MZ4 Coupe?

Old 02-07-2007, 09:29 PM
Gary II is a glorious beacon of lightGary II is a glorious beacon of lightGary II is a glorious beacon of lightGary II is a glorious beacon of lightGary II is a glorious beacon of lightGary II is a glorious beacon of light
E46 ///M3

Lightly modded.
intake, chip, exhaust

Old 02-07-2007, 09:32 PM
996CABOVA is a jewel in the rough996CABOVA is a jewel in the rough996CABOVA is a jewel in the rough
I think when we run them it will be close. Exact to be safe. I think my Porsche will take it in the high end. But the 335 is a nice car and they est 320 330 horsepower out of it not 300 that BMW claims. Ill have to get this race on vid for you guys prob wont be for awhile but ill get it and him

Old 02-07-2007, 09:32 PM
wow...thats impressive that the e46 gets overtaken by the 335....yes Turbo cars are MUCH more tunable and very easily done too....a simple chip upgrade can yield anywhere from 40-100hp....

Old 02-07-2007, 11:07 PM
porschenut911 is on a distinguished road
It's not all about hp and speed, handling is a key here. Either way I think the new bimmers are butt ugly!!

Old 02-08-2007, 10:04 PM
Hey guys just a update. My friend got his 07 335 today I went with him to get it. Nice car White.. Black gut...6spd gives a nice ride and is quick. Like I said I got the call yest from him that he was coming for me when he test drove it sayin it felt like my e46 M3. So Im thinkin after I read b4 that the car does 0-60 in 4.8 1/4 mile 13s @105 Ive seen comparision of 911 vs the 335 and it was ridiculasly close. So im like man this could be a good one. I had no intention to race 2nite but like I said my friend is so competitive hes like Im gonna follow you a little when he took me back to my car at his house. Im like here we go. Like when I started this thread I didnt care if he beat me we tie whatever but NOW going into this Im like I cant let him win or whatever. This is a Porsche and a 335. Well it was gross I pulled on him 5 car lengths doing 2nd gear rolls at like 35 mph twice we did it and it was UGLY. I have to post to say I like the 335 but to even compare that to a M3 Im not so sure about it NOW after that

Old 02-08-2007, 10:30 PM
eshaun will become famous soon enougheshaun will become famous soon enough
Guaranteed with a competant driver, lets say sabine, and have her lay down a lap on the ring in both cars stock, the M will prevail, especially in the handling dept. This has been beaten to death lol.

Now if you care about going straight up on the strip or the fwy deep into triple digits, just slap some FI and a tune on both cars and enjoy beating them up till your hearts content. That is not where my interests and either car's forte lie.

Old 02-09-2007, 10:37 AM
Redridge has much to be proud ofRedridge has much to be proud ofRedridge has much to be proud ofRedridge has much to be proud ofRedridge has much to be proud ofRedridge has much to be proud ofRedridge has much to be proud ofRedridge has much to be proud of
in your situation, I think its gonna depend on the driver...I would try and take him or you'll never hear the end of it... if you loose bow down and let him have the podium, youll be back!

Old 02-09-2007, 07:01 PM
SilverBlue is on a distinguished road
It's good that you raced him now. Because I suspect when his engine loosens up after 5K miles, it will be a lot faster. And when a good software upgrade is available, watch out!

Nevertheless, he'll never get the attention your Porsche gets. A 3 series is an excellent car, but a 996 still stands out.

John

Old 02-09-2007, 09:44 PM
Haha just another quick update. Just got back from more races about 20 runs it seems haha with my friend and his beamer and two of our other friends and the same results. Even our other friends are shocked that im pullin 5-6 lengths on him. We even did a roll where he was in first gear 25 mph and I was in 2nd and we went and it wasnt even close. I want to mod my car now I really appreciate my car EVEN MORE than I did. This isnt a 325, the 335 is a TWIN TURBO 300lbs of torque and 300 ponies and thats been proven underestimated. Porsches are just sick cars and I have a cab not even a coupe. Their certainly is no substitute. When the weather gets warm I will be posting videos we found a GREAT PLACE to drag race guys we are lucky to be drivin these machines. Keep them on all fours later

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: This Might Be Dangerous