996 Previous model naturally aspirated Porsche 911 community. Discuss C2, C2s, C4, C4s, Targa and Cabriolets.

How's this for curb rash...

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 08-05-2003, 07:39 PM
ESK
Hick from NH
ESK is on a distinguished road
How's this for curb rash...

Actually, it happened while driving home today. In the middle of the left lane on the highway there was a piece of angle iron about 4" high by 2' wide. Traffic was pretty thick and before I could swerve out of the way, I nailed it doing about 50 mph. Took out the front wheel and sliced the tire. Flattened the real tire as well. The rear wheel looks okay, but I won't know the extent of any damage until I have the tire removed. Luckily, there doesn't appear to be any damage to the car.

Attached Images  
Old 08-05-2003, 07:40 PM
ESK
Hick from NH
On a brighter note, it will make a nice 19" Cargraphic coffee table!

Old 08-05-2003, 08:13 PM
JASCLASS will become famous soon enoughJASCLASS will become famous soon enough
OUCH, I feel for you with that one.

Old 08-05-2003, 08:31 PM
Basic Sponsor
Wheel Experts has a reputation beyond reputeWheel Experts has a reputation beyond reputeWheel Experts has a reputation beyond reputeWheel Experts has a reputation beyond reputeWheel Experts has a reputation beyond reputeWheel Experts has a reputation beyond reputeWheel Experts has a reputation beyond reputeWheel Experts has a reputation beyond reputeWheel Experts has a reputation beyond reputeWheel Experts has a reputation beyond reputeWheel Experts has a reputation beyond repute
it would have to go back to germany if you want it fixed...shipping back and forth will cost more than replacing the wheel

they dont sell rim parts outside of the factory for warranty reasons...this is why they always tell you they cant sell you the lips..

http://www.wheelexperts.com
email: peter@wheelexperts.com

HRE | Forgeline | Modulare | PUR | TechArt | Brabus | Novitec | Vossen | Avant Garde | Vorsteiner | BBS | Eisenmann | Quicksilver | Brembo | KW | WALD | +many more

***DFW Showroom now OPEN at 4515 McEwen Rd in Dallas, 1 block West of the Dallas Galleria***

***WE SHIP WORLDWIDE!!!!!***
Old 08-05-2003, 08:32 PM
Shawn C has a reputation beyond reputeShawn C has a reputation beyond reputeShawn C has a reputation beyond reputeShawn C has a reputation beyond reputeShawn C has a reputation beyond reputeShawn C has a reputation beyond reputeShawn C has a reputation beyond reputeShawn C has a reputation beyond reputeShawn C has a reputation beyond reputeShawn C has a reputation beyond reputeShawn C has a reputation beyond repute
Unhappy Here this will make you feel better .... Well maybe not

Here is a pics of my first wall rash

Old 08-05-2003, 08:36 PM
RJFabCab is on a distinguished road
Good thing you didn't blow the tire...

and lose control. How many miles do you have on those tires? I blew one rear and replaced two due to the mileage and even wear issues...

Old 08-05-2003, 09:08 PM
Pioneer Member
Scott in H-town has a reputation beyond reputeScott in H-town has a reputation beyond reputeScott in H-town has a reputation beyond reputeScott in H-town has a reputation beyond reputeScott in H-town has a reputation beyond reputeScott in H-town has a reputation beyond reputeScott in H-town has a reputation beyond reputeScott in H-town has a reputation beyond reputeScott in H-town has a reputation beyond reputeScott in H-town has a reputation beyond reputeScott in H-town has a reputation beyond repute
Jeru, that looks like Homer Simpsons car when he drove with the parking violation "boot" on it in New York.

Old 08-05-2003, 09:09 PM
Modaholic
Kevin M has a reputation beyond reputeKevin M has a reputation beyond reputeKevin M has a reputation beyond reputeKevin M has a reputation beyond reputeKevin M has a reputation beyond reputeKevin M has a reputation beyond reputeKevin M has a reputation beyond reputeKevin M has a reputation beyond reputeKevin M has a reputation beyond reputeKevin M has a reputation beyond reputeKevin M has a reputation beyond repute
Jese Eric I you trying to wreck the thing before you get the TT.... ouch Im sorry to see that!! Good thinking not to swerve into traffic.. thats a sticky situation to be in!

Old 08-05-2003, 10:27 PM
EM 996 GTS is on a distinguished road
I would cry.... if I do that to my TT

Old 08-05-2003, 11:55 PM
20C4S has a reputation beyond repute20C4S has a reputation beyond repute20C4S has a reputation beyond repute20C4S has a reputation beyond repute20C4S has a reputation beyond repute20C4S has a reputation beyond repute20C4S has a reputation beyond repute20C4S has a reputation beyond repute20C4S has a reputation beyond repute20C4S has a reputation beyond repute20C4S has a reputation beyond repute
ESK,
looks like u have a nice GT3 body kit sweet!
my cargraphics should go on one Friday. just can't wait...

Old 08-06-2003, 11:13 AM
The Newest "Bling King"
Gary (Fl) is on a distinguished road
All one can say is OUCH!!!! Good thing you were able to keep control and only have damage to the wheel and rubber...

And no, You can't have the HRE's back....

Old 08-06-2003, 04:31 PM
ESK
Hick from NH
Gary, how did you know I was going to ask you that question?

Kevin, I'm trying to keep the wheels in one piece in anticipation of selling them when I get the TT.

Old 08-07-2003, 06:15 AM
The Newest "Bling King"
[QUOTE]Originally posted by ESK
[B]Gary, how did you know I was going to ask you that question?

Eric,

Dropped my car off yesterday to install the techart body pieces. I will post some good pictures when it is done and you can see how sweet your old wheels really were... (even on backwards ) Hope to have it back by the weekend.

Old 08-07-2003, 06:20 AM
The Newest "Bling King"
Originally posted by ESK
Gary, how did you know I was going to ask you that question?
Eric,

Dropped my car off yesterday to install the techart body pieces. I will post some good pictures when it is done and you can see how sweet your old wheels really were... (even on backwards ) Hope to have it back by the weekend.

Old 08-18-2003, 04:14 PM
alfred996 is on a distinguished road
Thumbs up

Hey, dont sweat it, you can buy just the outer lip directly from cargraphic usa. I crunched two. had them pretty quick too.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: How's this for curb rash...