996 Previous model naturally aspirated Porsche 911 community. Discuss C2, C2s, C4, C4s, Targa and Cabriolets.

Tires on my car got SLASHED!!

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 09-25-2007, 10:41 PM
icemann633 is infamous around these parts
Tires on my car got SLASHED!!

I cant even begin to explain how unnecessary slashing tires is but it's quite cowardly...

I just got new tires too...If i ever catch someone messing with one of my cars I will probably wind up in jail!

Anyways, how should I have the tow company hook the car up to get it on the flatbed? Im worried about the front scrapping. Right now the car is nose-in to a parking spot.

-Keith

Old 09-25-2007, 11:57 PM
03c4s is infamous around these parts
Originally Posted by icemann633
I cant even begin to explain how unnecessary slashing tires is but it's quite cowardly...

I just got new tires too...If i ever catch someone messing with one of my cars I will probably wind up in jail!

Anyways, how should I have the tow company hook the car up to get it on the flatbed? Im worried about the front scrapping. Right now the car is nose-in to a parking spot.

-Keith
Rent rollers for each tire and move the car out.
Sorry to hear about your problem.

Old 09-26-2007, 01:03 AM
p0rsch3 has a reputation beyond reputep0rsch3 has a reputation beyond reputep0rsch3 has a reputation beyond reputep0rsch3 has a reputation beyond reputep0rsch3 has a reputation beyond reputep0rsch3 has a reputation beyond reputep0rsch3 has a reputation beyond reputep0rsch3 has a reputation beyond reputep0rsch3 has a reputation beyond reputep0rsch3 has a reputation beyond reputep0rsch3 has a reputation beyond repute
man that really is lame- sorry to hear that.
almost as bad as the jerkoff who lives in my neighborhood and smashed the front of my 330i with the back of his SUV, then went and parked down the street as if nothing happened. fortunately two of my neighbors saw it happen and wrote down his plate.

$2600 worth of damage. some people just suck. fortunately I was able to catch this person but it aint usually the case...

+1 for the tire rollers / dollies - they will work fine. you have AAA or something? Most tow companies should have the dollies.

Old 09-26-2007, 04:45 AM
Lazerblade is infamous around these parts
That is so lame. Not funny at all. Cowards.

Sorry to hear about this.

Old 09-26-2007, 04:51 AM
Wheelman is infamous around these parts
Sorry to hear about that..man..just a bunch of sissys to mess with a man's car. They need a slow painful death.

Old 09-26-2007, 06:32 AM
StrikerX50 is infamous around these partsStrikerX50 is infamous around these parts
Where was this at? Anywhere with a CCTV system? I'd hunt the bastards down and exact an eye for an eye revenge.

Old 09-26-2007, 07:36 AM
rlim is infamous around these parts
You’ll be experiencing the odd folks who are envious and jealous of the car you own and drive. I guess you can count your blessings that they slashed your tires instead of smashing or keying/scratching your car which is a lot more costly to repair. I’m sorry to hear of the misfortunate and it has become a reality that owners of fine cars will experience these mishaps.

You’ll find folks who parked their cars beside a fine car to be more careless when opening their doors, where these jealous behaviors comes into play … they deliberately open their door against your car leaving door dings … some dings are actually quite deep. I’ve received quite a few on my Beemer which I’ll need to fix.

Lastly, I’m not sure if this has happened to you when you park your car in a mall/plaza. You can find an empty parking spot far away from the general parking area. When you return, there will always be other cars parked right beside you … whether if there are spots available in the general area.

Old 09-26-2007, 08:03 AM
ol'school is infamous around these parts
Fu**ing cowards!

Old 09-26-2007, 08:16 AM
WearyMicrobe has a reputation beyond reputeWearyMicrobe has a reputation beyond reputeWearyMicrobe has a reputation beyond reputeWearyMicrobe has a reputation beyond reputeWearyMicrobe has a reputation beyond reputeWearyMicrobe has a reputation beyond reputeWearyMicrobe has a reputation beyond reputeWearyMicrobe has a reputation beyond reputeWearyMicrobe has a reputation beyond reputeWearyMicrobe has a reputation beyond reputeWearyMicrobe has a reputation beyond repute
Be thankful it was tires, 6K for paint repair, spray can paint down one both sides of the car, air out of the tires, I just sold the car could not take it anymore. Tire's slashed are normally a vandalism claim and will be covered under your insurance for very little cost out of pocket.

Old 09-26-2007, 10:41 AM
Former Vendor
Wheel Dynamics has a reputation beyond reputeWheel Dynamics has a reputation beyond reputeWheel Dynamics has a reputation beyond reputeWheel Dynamics has a reputation beyond reputeWheel Dynamics has a reputation beyond reputeWheel Dynamics has a reputation beyond reputeWheel Dynamics has a reputation beyond reputeWheel Dynamics has a reputation beyond reputeWheel Dynamics has a reputation beyond reputeWheel Dynamics has a reputation beyond reputeWheel Dynamics has a reputation beyond repute
Most of the time tire slashing is done by someone you had contact with.... Most random destruction is they easy way....by key. People don't usually take the time to bend over each wheel and slash when they can simply walk on by with a key in hand especially if they came equiped with a knife to slash....

Just my .02

-Eli

Old 09-26-2007, 10:54 AM
daytrader is infamous around these parts
Originally Posted by FastForwardwheels
Most of the time tire slashing is done by someone you had contact with.... Most random destruction is they easy way....by key. People don't usually take the time to bend over each wheel and slash when they can simply walk on by with a key in hand especially if they came equiped with a knife to slash....

Just my .02

-Eli
I concur! Anything possible.

What happened to you was a bad luck. It happened to my friend with a brand new GT3. A jerk pulled up next to his car while we were talking nearby. He opened his door and repeatedly bang on the side view mirror of my friend car. I saw it and told the jerk to stop. He ignored and continues with the banging. I couldn't take it anymore so I came up and gave him a piece of my mind. Kicked his butt before some of my friends stop the beating.

Old 09-26-2007, 11:30 AM
FLpaindoc is a jewel in the roughFLpaindoc is a jewel in the roughFLpaindoc is a jewel in the rough
Old girlfriend?

Old 09-26-2007, 07:24 PM
bavorak is a name known to allbavorak is a name known to allbavorak is a name known to allbavorak is a name known to allbavorak is a name known to allbavorak is a name known to all
Thumbs down

I have had two such encounters, The first partially my fault in some peoples eyes. With my Boxster, being my first Porsche and cost me what felt like a small fortune at my young age I frequently double parked my car at work (only there) My dad owned the business so he diid'nt mind.

I was out on a jobsite when I got a call from from one of the girls working in the office that some redneck in a beat up pickup truck was slamming his door over and over again into my car.

When the girl aproached him, he told her to F off and that he was teaching the owner of the vehicle a lesson on how to park.

long story short, before I could even arrive at the office, the police had already placed the braclets on him and draged him out of the Red Lobster restaurant beside us, in the middle of his dinner.

The Red Lobster parking lot was full, so he parked in ours and thought no one was working late and would see him.

Conclussion was he had to make 2600 in restitution for a few minor marks, serves him well in my eyes, the kicker is, the rest of our lot was empty except for the girl's car who was in the office, we would have gladly let him park there since the adjacent lot was full.

The other occurence was last summer when my SUV was in the shop for service, I took my 996 to a local pub (which I never do) except this time I had nothing else to drive. When i came out someone let the air out of my two rears, It was dark so I didn't notice until I pulled out and hit about 50 km/h. Had to have the car towed and the rears replaced after ridding on the rims pretty much.

Some people must have too much time on their hands and too much air in their heads to be doing stupid things such as this.

Old 09-27-2007, 12:41 PM
Former Vendor
MishaDesigns has a reputation beyond reputeMishaDesigns has a reputation beyond reputeMishaDesigns has a reputation beyond reputeMishaDesigns has a reputation beyond reputeMishaDesigns has a reputation beyond reputeMishaDesigns has a reputation beyond reputeMishaDesigns has a reputation beyond reputeMishaDesigns has a reputation beyond reputeMishaDesigns has a reputation beyond reputeMishaDesigns has a reputation beyond reputeMishaDesigns has a reputation beyond repute
Losers and idiots!!!

Old 09-27-2007, 08:05 PM
icemann633 is infamous around these parts
Thanks for the words....Car is ready to be picked up tomorrow.

As for any leads on who did it, I dont have any. I allready consulted my ex-gf and I dont believe that to be the cause.

Supposedly there was a 21st birthday party that got broken up by the cops near me. Im assuming it was pissed off idiots leaving the broken up party. Other cars were slashed that night as well according to police.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Tires on my car got SLASHED!!