997 Turbo / GT2 2006–2012 Turbo discussion on the 997 model Porsche 911 Twin Turbo.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: Bears Transport

Where can I get clear bulbs for clear sidemarkers

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 02-16-2008, 08:51 PM
il nino will become famous soon enoughil nino will become famous soon enough
Where can I get clear bulbs for clear sidemarkers

If not the exact bulb, does anyone know the exact bulb size?

Old 02-16-2008, 09:36 PM
DSUNNYM1 will become famous soon enough
I just used the the clear bulbs that were already in my amber markers...

Old 02-16-2008, 10:45 PM
atomic80 Is a GOD !atomic80 Is a GOD !atomic80 Is a GOD !atomic80 Is a GOD !atomic80 Is a GOD !atomic80 Is a GOD !atomic80 Is a GOD !atomic80 Is a GOD !atomic80 Is a GOD !atomic80 Is a GOD !atomic80 Is a GOD !
http://www.hoen-usa.com/cr.htm

You'll need the W5W Chromium bulbs.

Old 02-16-2008, 10:46 PM
Banned
Trevor Ely is on a distinguished road
Originally Posted by atomic80
http://www.hoen-usa.com/cr.htm

You'll need the W5W Chromium bulbs.
Another vote for Höen.

Old 02-16-2008, 10:48 PM
atomic80 Is a GOD !atomic80 Is a GOD !atomic80 Is a GOD !atomic80 Is a GOD !atomic80 Is a GOD !atomic80 Is a GOD !atomic80 Is a GOD !atomic80 Is a GOD !atomic80 Is a GOD !atomic80 Is a GOD !atomic80 Is a GOD !
Hoen is ok as long as you ONLY get the side markers. I got the W5W and it MELTED my turn signal housing along with gradyex's. This is a picture of his turn signal bulb housing.

Old 02-16-2008, 11:04 PM
Banned
Trevor Ely is on a distinguished road
Ouch! I assume Höen didn't offer any kind of warranty on the these housings?

Old 02-16-2008, 11:05 PM
Originally Posted by Trevor Ely
Ouch! I assume Höen didn't offer any kind of warranty on the these housings?
Nope...they basically told me that I was screwed. I'll never buy from them again. I can however say that the chromium bulbs are "safe".

Old 02-16-2008, 11:59 PM
gmoney Is a GOD !gmoney Is a GOD !gmoney Is a GOD !gmoney Is a GOD !gmoney Is a GOD !gmoney Is a GOD !gmoney Is a GOD !gmoney Is a GOD !gmoney Is a GOD !gmoney Is a GOD !gmoney Is a GOD !
According to Hoen the W5W is a city light for headlamps only. Use the bulb in a non approved application (i.e. 997 indicator) and well, you melt stuff! Been there done that with 100w's ebay bulbs in headlamps. My fault, lesson learned.

Old 02-17-2008, 12:00 AM
gmoney Is a GOD !gmoney Is a GOD !gmoney Is a GOD !gmoney Is a GOD !gmoney Is a GOD !gmoney Is a GOD !gmoney Is a GOD !gmoney Is a GOD !gmoney Is a GOD !gmoney Is a GOD !gmoney Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by il nino
If not the exact bulb, does anyone know the exact bulb size?
bulb is 194 aka 168 aka W5W (europe).

Old 09-23-2009, 09:07 AM
bonehead Is a GOD !bonehead Is a GOD !bonehead Is a GOD !bonehead Is a GOD !bonehead Is a GOD !bonehead Is a GOD !bonehead Is a GOD !bonehead Is a GOD !bonehead Is a GOD !bonehead Is a GOD !bonehead Is a GOD !
Hoen is ok as long as you ONLY get the side markers. I got the W5W and it MELTED my turn signal housing along with gradyex's. This is a picture of his turn signal bulb housing.
Jason
Little confused. Is that the rear turn signal housing or the front fender marker?

Old 09-23-2009, 09:17 AM
Originally Posted by bonehead
Jason
Little confused. Is that the rear turn signal housing or the front fender marker?
It's as I said, the turn signal marker and it's up front. I'm not sure how you can confuse that with the rear taillights. They look completely different.

Old 09-23-2009, 09:22 AM
SVTHorsnake will become famous soon enoughSVTHorsnake will become famous soon enough
Nope...they basically told me that I was screwed. I'll never buy from them again. I can however say that the chromium bulbs are "safe".
I would also be cautious about the side markers. I heard reports of a similar bulb inking a headlight lense with grey residue.

On another note, I'm not sure how gmoney is related to hoen, but he seemed to be defending it. I pushed the warranty issue on another thread for the led plate lights, and he differed to general principal of "modding = risks". While I agree in the realms of performance modifications, in the realm of asthetics, that's a far cry from a committment to warranty. I'll probably still get the LEDs because they're the same wattage so intuitively, I can't see how they'll hurt anything, but I would be wary of other products.

Old 09-23-2009, 09:30 AM
bonehead Is a GOD !bonehead Is a GOD !bonehead Is a GOD !bonehead Is a GOD !bonehead Is a GOD !bonehead Is a GOD !bonehead Is a GOD !bonehead Is a GOD !bonehead Is a GOD !bonehead Is a GOD !bonehead Is a GOD !
It's as I said, the turn signal marker and it's up front. I'm not sure how you can confuse that with the rear taillights. They look completely different.
Looking at it in another thread, I figured it out. But with pics that close, it's difficult (for me) to figure out the location without some perspective.

Old 09-23-2009, 09:41 AM
Ive reviewed all of the mods Ive done that Im happy with, RSS / EVOMSit, GMG and Hoen took care of me, the reviews I have done over the year or two on here are accurate and anyone with similar mods can attest to that.

Originally Posted by SVTHorsnake
I would also be cautious about the side markers. I heard reports of a similar bulb inking a headlight lense with grey residue.

On another note, I'm not sure how gmoney is related to hoen, but he seemed to be defending it. I pushed the warranty issue on another thread for the led plate lights, and he differed to general principal of "modding = risks". While I agree in the realms of performance modifications, in the realm of asthetics, that's a far cry from a committment to warranty. I'll probably still get the LEDs because they're the same wattage so intuitively, I can't see how they'll hurt anything, but I would be wary of other products.

Old 09-23-2009, 09:52 AM
SVTHorsnake will become famous soon enoughSVTHorsnake will become famous soon enough
Originally Posted by gmoney
Ive reviewed all of the mods Ive done that Im happy with, RSS / EVOMSit, GMG and Hoen took care of me, the reviews I have done over the year or two on here are accurate and anyone with similar mods can attest to that.
I wouldn't assume to question your integrity. I'm simply very nervous about melting parts on my car.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Where can I get clear bulbs for clear sidemarkers