997 Turbo / GT2 2006–2012 Turbo discussion on the 997 model Porsche 911 Twin Turbo.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: Bears Transport

General Motors (a.k.a. General Losers)

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 04-30-2008, 09:54 AM
2K7997TT is a jewel in the rough2K7997TT is a jewel in the rough2K7997TT is a jewel in the rough
General Motors (a.k.a. General Losers)

Recently, the domestic economy has not been that great. However, with the weak dollar some domestic companies have been able to show some impressive profits from the last quarter as international sales have increased (Intel, Caterpillar, Apple, etc.).

Not GM!!!

They lost over 3 billion dollars in the last quarter!!!

Somebody please put these losers out of their misery. Can't we force Microsoft to take over GM rather than Yahoo.

I think that these results more than anything reflect the horrendous quality of GM products. The international community has a plethora of quality cars from which to choose...and they don't choose GM.

Why would anyone in Europe or Asia choose a 'Vette over a 911? Based on GM's disappointed results from this quarter, apparently few do.

Old 04-30-2008, 11:44 AM
Nefarious7907 is on a distinguished road
3.3 billion in losses last quarter fyi

.3 billion is a lot, at least to me

Old 04-30-2008, 11:55 AM
Periokid has much to be proud ofPeriokid has much to be proud ofPeriokid has much to be proud ofPeriokid has much to be proud ofPeriokid has much to be proud ofPeriokid has much to be proud ofPeriokid has much to be proud ofPeriokid has much to be proud ofPeriokid has much to be proud ofPeriokid has much to be proud of
That is because the others don't have the union crippling them.

Old 04-30-2008, 12:14 PM
jhbrennan Is a GOD !jhbrennan Is a GOD !jhbrennan Is a GOD !jhbrennan Is a GOD !jhbrennan Is a GOD !jhbrennan Is a GOD !jhbrennan Is a GOD !jhbrennan Is a GOD !jhbrennan Is a GOD !jhbrennan Is a GOD !jhbrennan Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by 2K7997TT
Recently, the domestic economy has not been that great. However, with the weak dollar some domestic companies have been able to show some impressive profits from the last quarter as international sales have increased (Intel, Caterpillar, Apple, etc.).

Not GM!!!

Somebody please put these losers out of their misery. Can't we force Microsoft to take over GM rather than Yahoo.

I think that these results more than anything reflect the horrendous quality of GM products. The international community has a plethora of quality cars from which to choose...and they don't choose GM.

Why would anyone in Europe or Asia choose a 'Vette over a 911? Based on GM's disappointed results from this quarter, apparently few do.
Citigroup lost over $5 billion in the last quarter. I have a GM truck and I think the quality is better than some of the other US-built cars I've owned...having said though, I'm reminded that the Avalanche is actually built in Mexico. GM needs to do a model consolidation...and many other things to get back to profitability

Old 04-30-2008, 12:19 PM
avi8tir is just really niceavi8tir is just really niceavi8tir is just really niceavi8tir is just really nice
actually GM's true loss was about $350 million. still alot.

the balance of the $3.3 billion was due to one-time charges - a $1.45 billion change of value in GM’s interest in GMAC financing, and a $731 million charge related to Delphi and a few other one-time charges.

regardless, they still suck and I will never own a GM vehicle unless its a truck to tow my boat. considering that I dont have a boat, I have no GM!!

Old 04-30-2008, 12:25 PM
ESK
Hick from NH
ESK is on a distinguished road

Not GM!!!

Much of the loss was one-time charges. In fact, GM did better than analyst's expectations. The stock's up over 13% today so someone likes GM. Frankly, I have no problem with GM vehicles. My wife has an Escalade and I think the quality is on par with any other manufacturer. I like the design direction GM is going too with some of their cars and SUVs - Caddy CTS, Saturn products (Opel cars, but GM), Buick Enclave, GMC Acadia, Corvette - to name a few. The flaw in your argument is that there is no Caterpillar Europe. All backhoes and bulldozers are universal and profits flow back to Peoria. Profits from GM's European operations flow back to Detroit, which in a weak dollar period, will help GM's bottom line.

Edit - I was writing while AVI8TIR was posting!

Last edited by ESK; 04-30-2008 at 12:29 PM.
Old 04-30-2008, 03:17 PM
bbywu Is a GOD !bbywu Is a GOD !bbywu Is a GOD !bbywu Is a GOD !bbywu Is a GOD !bbywu Is a GOD !bbywu Is a GOD !bbywu Is a GOD !bbywu Is a GOD !bbywu Is a GOD !bbywu Is a GOD !
Why are we talking about this on a 997TT forum?

Old 04-30-2008, 06:44 PM
Periokid has much to be proud ofPeriokid has much to be proud ofPeriokid has much to be proud ofPeriokid has much to be proud ofPeriokid has much to be proud ofPeriokid has much to be proud ofPeriokid has much to be proud ofPeriokid has much to be proud ofPeriokid has much to be proud ofPeriokid has much to be proud of
Originally Posted by bbywu
I guess for the same reason we talk about nissans here.

Old 04-30-2008, 09:13 PM
GotBoost? Is a GOD !GotBoost? Is a GOD !GotBoost? Is a GOD !GotBoost? Is a GOD !GotBoost? Is a GOD !GotBoost? Is a GOD !GotBoost? Is a GOD !GotBoost? Is a GOD !GotBoost? Is a GOD !GotBoost? Is a GOD !GotBoost? Is a GOD !
GM's inability to compete is due to it's labor force and it's legacy costs....

Old 04-30-2008, 11:13 PM
2K7997TT is a jewel in the rough2K7997TT is a jewel in the rough2K7997TT is a jewel in the rough
Originally Posted by bbywu
To give thanks!

Most of us have not been cursed with ownership of a GM vehicle.

For those who think that ownership of a GM is not a curse....100 dollars for the first person who can prove ownership of a Pontiac Aztek.

No wonder this company is in trouble. Can you imagine what would happen to 911 sales if Porsche spit out an automobile that resembled the Aztek?

GM stock increased by 13% today after the 3.3 billion dollar loss was announced. This means that investors were betting that GM was even more pathetic than they were.

Why the ranting and raving? Because I am a proud American. I expect more ranting and raving about unsatisfactory American products. Imagine the response if we sent a team of 320 lbs couch potatoes to Beijing this summer to compete in the 100m dash. GM products are nothing better than couch potatoes sprinting against the world's elite.

As long as there are suckers who in the name of nationalism will buy GM's polypropylene products that are engineered to cyclically self-destruct every 3-5 years then GM will survive....even after losing 3 billion dollars from time to time.

Old 04-30-2008, 11:19 PM
OC_crook is on a distinguished road

They are the number 2 auto manufacturer in the WORLD. They are not going anywhere anytime soon. They sell more cars outside of the US than they do in the US.

Old 04-30-2008, 11:20 PM
To give thanks!

Most of us have not been cursed with ownership of a GM vehicle.

For those who think that ownership of a GM is not a curse....100 dollars for the first person who can prove ownership of a Pontiac Aztek.

No wonder this company is in trouble. Can you imagine what would happen to 911 sales if Porsche spit out an automobile that resembled the Aztek?

GM stock increased by 13% today after the 3.3 billion dollar loss was announced. This means that investors were betting that GM was even more pathetic than they were.

Why the ranting and raving? Because I am a proud American. I expect more ranting and raving about unsatisfactory American products. Imagine the response if we sent a team of 320 lbs couch potatoes to Beijing this summer to compete in the 100m dash. GM products are nothing better than couch potatoes sprinting against the world's elite.

As long as there are suckers who in the name of nationalism will buy GM's polypropylene products that are engineered to cyclically self-destruct every 3-5 years then GM will survive....even after losing 3 billion dollars from time to time.

WTF. Did you eat paint chips as a child.

Old 04-30-2008, 11:41 PM
Originally Posted by OC_crook
WTF. Did you eat paint chips as a child.

Actually, the ingestion of lead-laden paint chips which leads to cerebral edema and encephalopathy is not nearly as deleterious in childhood development as being dropped off at school in a Pontiac Aztek in front of one's peers.

Thank God for Porsche, Audi, and Mercedes.

Porsche measures their success by PROFITS....GM measures their success by "we didnt' suck as bad as we thought we would".

GM needs to take a bold stand....if I was the CEO of GM, I would declare that as of tomorrow all plastic interiors of GM automobiles will be replaced with authentic synthesized pleather. Additionally, for an extra 850.00, we will give all purchasers 5 free sprays of new-leather smell after purchasing a GM vehicle. But hold on, if you purchase a ZO6 right now we will give you 10 sprays....yes 10 sprays of new leather smell at no additional cost. This is a limited time offer so act now.

Old 04-30-2008, 11:58 PM
Actually, the ingestion of lead-laden paint chips which leads to cerebral edema and encephalopathy is not nearly as deleterious in childhood development as being dropped off at school in a Pontiac Aztek in front of one's peers.

Thank God for Porsche, Audi, and Mercedes.

Porsche measures their success by PROFITS....GM measures their success by "we didnt' suck as bad as we thought we would".

GM needs to take a bold stand....if I was the CEO of GM, I would declare that as of tomorrow all plastic interiors of GM automobiles will be replaced with authentic synthesized pleather. Additionally, for an extra 850.00, we will give all purchasers 5 free sprays of new-leather smell after purchasing a GM vehicle. But hold on, if you purchase a ZO6 right now we will give you 10 sprays....yes 10 sprays of new leather smell at no additional cost. This is a limited time offer so act now.
Theres a reason why your not the CEO of GM or any company for that matter. They have cheap interiors in CHEAP cars for a reason. SO they can sell them for CHEAP. Crazy thought there right. The interiors are not as bad as you say they are. Its fanbois like you that cant get your head far enough out of your *** to see that.

Theres also plenty of ppl who choose a corvette over a 911.

Old 05-01-2008, 12:04 AM
Also i dont think its that bad.

Attached Images  

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: General Motors (a.k.a. General Losers)