997 Turbo / GT2 2006–2012 Turbo discussion on the 997 model Porsche 911 Twin Turbo.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: Bears Transport

Carbon Fiber Center Display

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 05-29-2008, 10:46 PM
cclarkporsche is on a distinguished road
Carbon Fiber Center Display

Hey guys i got a guy in california that is going to make my center display carbon fiber. My personal opinion is that it would look great around the navigation and around the air conditioning controls. What do you guys think?

not my car but all the silver part is going to be carbon fiber.

Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0219.jpg
Views:	106
Size:	236.5 KB
ID:	70648

Last edited by cclarkporsche; 05-29-2008 at 10:53 PM.
Old 05-29-2008, 10:51 PM
krown05 is on a distinguished road
I think it will look nice, I've been waiting for Porsche to release that as a Carbon option for quite some time now.

Old 05-29-2008, 11:09 PM
Banned
Speedshaq Is a GOD !Speedshaq Is a GOD !Speedshaq Is a GOD !Speedshaq Is a GOD !Speedshaq Is a GOD !Speedshaq Is a GOD !Speedshaq Is a GOD !Speedshaq Is a GOD !Speedshaq Is a GOD !Speedshaq Is a GOD !Speedshaq Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by cclarkporsche
My personal opinion is that it would look great around the navigation and around the air conditioning controls.
Yep

Old 05-29-2008, 11:20 PM
///M Kevin is a splendid one to behold///M Kevin is a splendid one to behold///M Kevin is a splendid one to behold///M Kevin is a splendid one to behold///M Kevin is a splendid one to behold///M Kevin is a splendid one to behold///M Kevin is a splendid one to behold
I personally think the silver part is a good offset to the carbon fiber. That's why I chose to change the center console to CF to make the two stand out from each other.

Old 05-30-2008, 12:05 AM
EdoctaT is on a distinguished road
Get the chrono case done at the same time (in carbon fiber)?

Old 05-30-2008, 12:06 AM
Barrister is a splendid one to beholdBarrister is a splendid one to beholdBarrister is a splendid one to beholdBarrister is a splendid one to beholdBarrister is a splendid one to beholdBarrister is a splendid one to behold
The more CF the better is my motto!

Old 05-30-2008, 01:27 AM
yrralis1 Is a GOD !yrralis1 Is a GOD !yrralis1 Is a GOD !yrralis1 Is a GOD !yrralis1 Is a GOD !yrralis1 Is a GOD !yrralis1 Is a GOD !yrralis1 Is a GOD !yrralis1 Is a GOD !yrralis1 Is a GOD !yrralis1 Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by cclarkporsche
Hey guys i got a guy in california that is going to make my center display carbon fiber. My personal opinion is that it would look great around the navigation and around the air conditioning controls. What do you guys think?

not my car but all the silver part is going to be carbon fiber.

Attachment 70648
I think it would look fantastic but getting that PCM out sounds like a lot of work . I would be concerned with possible rattle after installation .

Old 05-30-2008, 02:39 AM
cayenne_ksa has a reputation beyond reputecayenne_ksa has a reputation beyond reputecayenne_ksa has a reputation beyond reputecayenne_ksa has a reputation beyond reputecayenne_ksa has a reputation beyond reputecayenne_ksa has a reputation beyond reputecayenne_ksa has a reputation beyond reputecayenne_ksa has a reputation beyond reputecayenne_ksa has a reputation beyond reputecayenne_ksa has a reputation beyond reputecayenne_ksa has a reputation beyond repute
there is a guy in ebay sell it but i haven't seen any real pic of it

Old 05-30-2008, 04:49 AM
Former Vendor
Eric (Plug Guy) has a reputation beyond reputeEric (Plug Guy) has a reputation beyond reputeEric (Plug Guy) has a reputation beyond reputeEric (Plug Guy) has a reputation beyond reputeEric (Plug Guy) has a reputation beyond reputeEric (Plug Guy) has a reputation beyond reputeEric (Plug Guy) has a reputation beyond reputeEric (Plug Guy) has a reputation beyond reputeEric (Plug Guy) has a reputation beyond reputeEric (Plug Guy) has a reputation beyond reputeEric (Plug Guy) has a reputation beyond repute
The bigger problem is laying carbon onto and around the tight switch openings. Don't expect to see this anytime soon. Not much room there for the buildup for carbon/clear. But...we can paint it for you anytime.