997 Turbo / GT2 2006–2012 Turbo discussion on the 997 model Porsche 911 Twin Turbo.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: Bears Transport

LED Tail Lights on Turbo

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 07-30-2008, 09:38 PM
996TTDave has a spectacular aura about996TTDave has a spectacular aura about996TTDave has a spectacular aura about
Originally Posted by noah677
Kinda of ok but wouldn't hold out for them on an order.
i would

Old 07-30-2008, 09:47 PM
Green Turbo is a splendid one to beholdGreen Turbo is a splendid one to beholdGreen Turbo is a splendid one to beholdGreen Turbo is a splendid one to beholdGreen Turbo is a splendid one to beholdGreen Turbo is a splendid one to beholdGreen Turbo is a splendid one to behold
Originally Posted by gormanlad
Thought you guys may be interrested to see how turbo would look with Gen 2 tail lights, sorry for the poor photos.
Great job. I love how your car looks.

Ever since I have seen the spy pics I think the new tail lights look 200% better than the old one. I can't believe it took Porsche so long to incorporate LED in the tail lights.

do you have the part number on the gen 2 taillight.

So you needed the taillights and you can just mod the rear bumper with the modules.

I am thinking of installing this onto my 996tt to 997tt conversion.

Cutting up the Techart GT Street rear bumper is going to be fun.

Last edited by Green Turbo; 07-30-2008 at 09:53 PM.
Old 07-31-2008, 01:11 AM
Roller is a splendid one to beholdRoller is a splendid one to beholdRoller is a splendid one to beholdRoller is a splendid one to beholdRoller is a splendid one to beholdRoller is a splendid one to beholdRoller is a splendid one to beholdRoller is a splendid one to behold
Get the front lights!
that's the only part of the facelift I would consider to be an improvement.
Tails, bumpers and even wheels are a serious downgrade IMO.

Old 07-31-2008, 08:29 AM
dylee92 is on a distinguished road
looks pretty nice IMO

Old 07-31-2008, 04:23 PM
Green Turbo is a splendid one to beholdGreen Turbo is a splendid one to beholdGreen Turbo is a splendid one to beholdGreen Turbo is a splendid one to beholdGreen Turbo is a splendid one to beholdGreen Turbo is a splendid one to beholdGreen Turbo is a splendid one to behold
does anyone know the part numbers and where the best place to buy these tail lights and control modules is?

Old 07-31-2008, 07:52 PM
Former Vendor
honeybadger is on a distinguished road
New lights look good

Old 07-31-2008, 10:28 PM
CJPatel has a spectacular aura aboutCJPatel has a spectacular aura about
Personally I love it.

Old 08-01-2008, 12:56 AM
Vantage_6 has much to be proud ofVantage_6 has much to be proud ofVantage_6 has much to be proud ofVantage_6 has much to be proud ofVantage_6 has much to be proud ofVantage_6 has much to be proud ofVantage_6 has much to be proud ofVantage_6 has much to be proud of
I wasn't sure about the new LEDs at first, but it looks GREAT on the turbo

Old 08-01-2008, 01:16 AM
Porschedeisgn is on a distinguished road
wow thats nice...

damm i wish the gt2 have all the face lifted goodies like the LEDs and Audio and communication upgrades. It sucks to see a new car minus all the new stuff

Old 08-01-2008, 01:33 AM
GT RUS is just really niceGT RUS is just really niceGT RUS is just really niceGT RUS is just really niceGT RUS is just really nice
Looking good...definately going to do this...

Please post the part number for all those parts if u can...

Thanks

Old 08-01-2008, 04:06 AM
catchmyshadow Is a GOD !catchmyshadow Is a GOD !catchmyshadow Is a GOD !catchmyshadow Is a GOD !catchmyshadow Is a GOD !catchmyshadow Is a GOD !catchmyshadow Is a GOD !catchmyshadow Is a GOD !catchmyshadow Is a GOD !catchmyshadow Is a GOD !catchmyshadow Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by bbywu
I doubt that. That red strip never appeared on any 996 TTs, and the face lifted 997TT's have already been seen...without the stripe.
what about this:
all Porsche 4wheel models will get a stripe in the future, even the panamera ones and the next cayenne. mark my words...

Old 08-02-2008, 01:57 AM
yrralis1 Is a GOD !yrralis1 Is a GOD !yrralis1 Is a GOD !yrralis1 Is a GOD !yrralis1 Is a GOD !yrralis1 Is a GOD !yrralis1 Is a GOD !yrralis1 Is a GOD !yrralis1 Is a GOD !yrralis1 Is a GOD !yrralis1 Is a GOD !
It looks incredible . I have been wondering if the facelift was going to get the same stip that the C4S will get .(pic here) https://www.6speedonline.com/forums/...trip-rear.html

For example the 993 Turbo (as well as c4s) had the strip so I was waiting to hear more on the 997 Turbo as thus far I have only seen the intitial photos .

The work looks fantastic and it's great to know that Gt1 /LED car is attainable with afew parts and some bumper bodywork .

Thanks for posting it.

Old 12-03-2008, 04:32 PM
lakerholic is a splendid one to beholdlakerholic is a splendid one to beholdlakerholic is a splendid one to beholdlakerholic is a splendid one to beholdlakerholic is a splendid one to beholdlakerholic is a splendid one to beholdlakerholic is a splendid one to behold
Thumbs up

Looks fantastic. I don't know what it is because I generally don't like the Gen 2 rear tail lights, but on this car, with this mod, stunning!

Old 12-03-2008, 10:56 PM
Alcyon has a spectacular aura aboutAlcyon has a spectacular aura about
Thanks for share it! and what about the front lights? They look interesting, see the vid, and easy to retrofit, arent they?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Syg3Y...layer_embedded

Old 12-04-2008, 02:04 PM
I just ordered my 997 led taillight kit from Steve at Suncoast Porsche today. I will be doing the upgrade earlier next year with the new 997 handles, and a gemballa 997 hood.

I did not attempt to try the front as it was a very minimum upgrade.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: LED Tail Lights on Turbo