997 Turbo / GT2 2006–2012 Turbo discussion on the 997 model Porsche 911 Twin Turbo.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: Bears Transport

North Jersey Service

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 10-29-2008, 12:47 AM
docjackson1 will become famous soon enough
well, i see it is a bit too late to comment on, but i have brought my car to daniels, paul miller and towne-i just bought this car at manhattan. i live in north jersey, so driving in to manhattan for service seems foolish to me. daniels service has been friendly and okay-they readily give you a loaner. miller and towne have a long history of getting it done right-towne has an enterprise rental on site, and they give you a free one easily, and miller, last time i was there, also had a rental operation there that also provided free loaners. my own opinion is that town and miller have had more experience with tough problems-daniels has in the last several years redone their service operation and moved it-they never seem busy-they have always done fine by me, but i have also never presented them with a tough problem. what i was going to say is that you must absolutely discuss price with all these operations before you leave your car there, as they all have the potential to come up with some really crazy prices. i once brought in my 03 tt to miller for them to put my winter tires on the stock wheels and to remove the summer tires from those wheels and to balance the winter tires on those wheels. i had been used to bringing them into an operation called performance tires on rt 17 and paying about $100-125 for that job. when i got the car back in a few hours and found that they performed a few hours work and balancing at x amount per hour and wound up with a bill of a shade under $500 for that job, i realized that i should have discussed price with them. in the future, whenever i would bring the car in for another tire change, or for an oil change or some other service, i would first discuss the price and agree on a fair number with them. that is my only comment-i think they are all fine-you just have to talk $$$$$ with them, as they all have the ability to give you some crazy bills. As i said, i just bought an 09 turbo from manhattan. i also approached towne, miller and daniels. daniels tries-sometimes they hit, and sometimes they don't-they are getting better than a few years ago-there is a salesman there named eric who truelly tries-i was able to buy a carrera s 08 from him-he did a great job of getting the deal done-it seems like the tough economic market was giving them trouble getting the deal together on the turbo. miller seemed to not care at all-despite the fact that i would call and show up on various occasions, they were only interested in me if i was standing in front of them. when the 500 mile 08 turbo came into their inventory(which they had told me about), the salesman forgot to call me, until i showed up there again a week later-they just didn't seem interested. towne just didn't seem that interested either. manhattan was easy to work with-i never even met them until i brought in my trade and picked up my turbo. they were most aggressive pricewise of all the dealers that i mentioned, gave me the most for my trade and the most off the turbo, and kept their word on the trade in price even though they had never seen my car and it was given to them a week ago when the price of the trade in had surely gone down several thousand dollars due to the economy. they did a great job sales wise.

Old 10-29-2008, 08:31 AM
Midcont has much to be proud ofMidcont has much to be proud ofMidcont has much to be proud ofMidcont has much to be proud ofMidcont has much to be proud ofMidcont has much to be proud ofMidcont has much to be proud ofMidcont has much to be proud of
Originally Posted by docjackson1
well, i see it is a bit too late to comment on, but i have brought my car to daniels, paul miller and towne-i just bought this car at manhattan. i live in north jersey, so driving in to manhattan for service seems foolish to me. daniels service has been friendly and okay-they readily give you a loaner. miller and towne have a long history of getting it done right-towne has an enterprise rental on site, and they give you a free one easily, and miller, last time i was there, also had a rental operation there that also provided free loaners. my own opinion is that town and miller have had more experience with tough problems-daniels has in the last several years redone their service operation and moved it-they never seem busy-they have always done fine by me, but i have also never presented them with a tough problem. what i was going to say is that you must absolutely discuss price with all these operations before you leave your car there, as they all have the potential to come up with some really crazy prices. i once brought in my 03 tt to miller for them to put my winter tires on the stock wheels and to remove the summer tires from those wheels and to balance the winter tires on those wheels. i had been used to bringing them into an operation called performance tires on rt 17 and paying about $100-125 for that job. when i got the car back in a few hours and found that they performed a few hours work and balancing at x amount per hour and wound up with a bill of a shade under $500 for that job, i realized that i should have discussed price with them. in the future, whenever i would bring the car in for another tire change, or for an oil change or some other service, i would first discuss the price and agree on a fair number with them. that is my only comment-i think they are all fine-you just have to talk $$$$$ with them, as they all have the ability to give you some crazy bills. As i said, i just bought an 09 turbo from manhattan. i also approached towne, miller and daniels. daniels tries-sometimes they hit, and sometimes they don't-they are getting better than a few years ago-there is a salesman there named eric who truelly tries-i was able to buy a carrera s 08 from him-he did a great job of getting the deal done-it seems like the tough economic market was giving them trouble getting the deal together on the turbo. miller seemed to not care at all-despite the fact that i would call and show up on various occasions, they were only interested in me if i was standing in front of them. when the 500 mile 08 turbo came into their inventory(which they had told me about), the salesman forgot to call me, until i showed up there again a week later-they just didn't seem interested. towne just didn't seem that interested either. manhattan was easy to work with-i never even met them until i brought in my trade and picked up my turbo. they were most aggressive pricewise of all the dealers that i mentioned, gave me the most for my trade and the most off the turbo, and kept their word on the trade in price even though they had never seen my car and it was given to them a week ago when the price of the trade in had surely gone down several thousand dollars due to the economy. they did a great job sales wise.
I brought my car to JD's for some minor stuff, oil change etc and noticed a brake light was out while in the lot, so i asked them to change it.
with all other stuff they did, they still had a seperate line item on the bill for 1/2 hr to change it out. i was not impressed. they also tried to charge more for the oil change then i had previously discussed with them. they did change this when i mentioned it.
lesson learned. price EVERYTHING out even if they turn their noses while you do it.

Old 10-29-2008, 08:46 AM
kush is on a distinguished road
Originally Posted by Y65MPH
On the flip side having a relationship with a dealer is not a bad thing when owning a 997TT. I have yet to meet an owner that has not a significant number of issues with their vehicle. My buddies 997TT has more vertical miles on the lift than horizontal on the road. Protosport can not do warranty work.
10,000 miles and notta one.

Old 10-30-2008, 01:00 AM
docjackson1 will become famous soon enough
yeah kush, i have had 3 turbos (1 996tt and 2 997tt, including my presnt one-all 2 previous were bulletproof-i hope that the new turbo are as reliable as the previous.

Old 03-21-2009, 11:48 PM
NJ911GT is on a distinguished road
If you want the best. Larry has been specializing in German Automobiles for over 30 years and he has a great reputation.

Pinnacle Motor Works, Inc.
10 Bay Street
Stirling, NJ 07980
908-647-1799
Ask for Larry Goodman tell him Erik sent you.

Old 03-22-2009, 08:00 AM
raiyu is a splendid one to beholdraiyu is a splendid one to beholdraiyu is a splendid one to beholdraiyu is a splendid one to beholdraiyu is a splendid one to beholdraiyu is a splendid one to beholdraiyu is a splendid one to behold
I'm done with dealerships except for warranty work.

If I had to start a thread on all of the bad experiences I had with them it would be insane.

I had my passenger side mirrors paint chipped while the car was in service.

Had my front bumper hit, they did a ****ty job fixing it, overspray on to the chin lip and refused to do it right.

And now when I dropped off my car to get my tires remounted snow to summer, I thought I was saving myself the hassle by going to the dealership and I needed the car ready for Saturday, they scratched each of my four rims.

I'm wondering, if anyone has had any luck getting any dealership to actually reimburse them for the ****ty work they did or if its just a lost cause?

Old 03-22-2009, 10:11 AM
bbywu Is a GOD !bbywu Is a GOD !bbywu Is a GOD !bbywu Is a GOD !bbywu Is a GOD !bbywu Is a GOD !bbywu Is a GOD !bbywu Is a GOD !bbywu Is a GOD !bbywu Is a GOD !bbywu Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by raiyu
I'm done with dealerships except for warranty work.

If I had to start a thread on all of the bad experiences I had with them it would be insane.

I had my passenger side mirrors paint chipped while the car was in service.

Had my front bumper hit, they did a ****ty job fixing it, overspray on to the chin lip and refused to do it right.

And now when I dropped off my car to get my tires remounted snow to summer, I thought I was saving myself the hassle by going to the dealership and I needed the car ready for Saturday, they scratched each of my four rims.

I'm wondering, if anyone has had any luck getting any dealership to actually reimburse them for the ****ty work they did or if its just a lost cause?
Wow...you're not alone. Sorry to hear about your troubles...

I've experienced similar problems.

Flat tire replacement - damaged new rim.

Oil change - Damaged paint

Turn off service light - damaged leather interior.

I just do the work myself these days.

Last edited by bbywu; 03-22-2009 at 10:41 AM.
Old 02-21-2010, 12:12 PM
sbkim has a reputation beyond reputesbkim has a reputation beyond reputesbkim has a reputation beyond reputesbkim has a reputation beyond reputesbkim has a reputation beyond reputesbkim has a reputation beyond reputesbkim has a reputation beyond reputesbkim has a reputation beyond reputesbkim has a reputation beyond reputesbkim has a reputation beyond reputesbkim has a reputation beyond repute
I have slight shimming of front steering wheel past 55mph. I presume it's bad balance.

Any good recommendation for a shop in Northern NJ to balance front wheels?

I thought about taking it in to the dealership but not sure if this would be covered under warranty?

thanks!

Old 02-21-2010, 12:22 PM
Scott997 Is a GOD !Scott997 Is a GOD !Scott997 Is a GOD !Scott997 Is a GOD !Scott997 Is a GOD !Scott997 Is a GOD !Scott997 Is a GOD !Scott997 Is a GOD !Scott997 Is a GOD !Scott997 Is a GOD !Scott997 Is a GOD !
I bought my car at Don Rosen and the service SUCKS!!