997 Turbo / GT2 2006–2012 Turbo discussion on the 997 model Porsche 911 Twin Turbo.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: Bears Transport

Took my Switzer 997TT tip to the Dragstrip Today

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 11-24-2008, 05:26 AM
UrbanHotrod Is a GOD !UrbanHotrod Is a GOD !UrbanHotrod Is a GOD !UrbanHotrod Is a GOD !UrbanHotrod Is a GOD !UrbanHotrod Is a GOD !UrbanHotrod Is a GOD !UrbanHotrod Is a GOD !UrbanHotrod Is a GOD !UrbanHotrod Is a GOD !UrbanHotrod Is a GOD !
What tires are you running?

Old 11-24-2008, 09:06 AM
GT RUS is just really niceGT RUS is just really niceGT RUS is just really niceGT RUS is just really niceGT RUS is just really nice
Stock wheels with PS2...

Old 11-24-2008, 09:26 AM
VBOXKING has much to be proud ofVBOXKING has much to be proud ofVBOXKING has much to be proud ofVBOXKING has much to be proud ofVBOXKING has much to be proud ofVBOXKING has much to be proud ofVBOXKING has much to be proud ofVBOXKING has much to be proud ofVBOXKING has much to be proud of
Thanks everyone for the compliments.

I am running with the stock wheels and tires (PS2s). I really like the look of the stock wheels and the car hooks up very well on the PS2s.

I have never messed with the horsepower feature of the Driftbox. I didnt know the weight until I took it to the strip. Maybe next time I do some runs in the car I will enter the weight and see what happens.

I am not sure what has been done to the transmission other than some reprogramming. It seems to handle the power just fine.

I do not plan to take the car and track it on a road course. I bought it for a daily driver function, with a mean stoplight crushing ability.

Here are some pictures of the car that I took when I first got it home.

Aaron

Attached Images      
Old 11-24-2008, 09:28 AM
VBOXKING has much to be proud ofVBOXKING has much to be proud ofVBOXKING has much to be proud ofVBOXKING has much to be proud ofVBOXKING has much to be proud ofVBOXKING has much to be proud ofVBOXKING has much to be proud ofVBOXKING has much to be proud ofVBOXKING has much to be proud of
Couple more pics.

Aaron

Attached Images    
Old 11-24-2008, 09:35 AM
UrbanHotrod Is a GOD !UrbanHotrod Is a GOD !UrbanHotrod Is a GOD !UrbanHotrod Is a GOD !UrbanHotrod Is a GOD !UrbanHotrod Is a GOD !UrbanHotrod Is a GOD !UrbanHotrod Is a GOD !UrbanHotrod Is a GOD !UrbanHotrod Is a GOD !UrbanHotrod Is a GOD !
Wow thats amazing 1.6 60ft on a stock ps2

Old 11-24-2008, 09:47 AM
colesporsche is infamous around these parts
This is the ultimate DD/Sleeper/ Bad *** CAR!! Congrats

Old 11-24-2008, 09:51 AM
Originally Posted by colesporsche
This is the ultimate DD/Sleeper/ Bad *** CAR!! Congrats
my sentiments exactly

Aaron

Old 11-24-2008, 09:56 AM
LUISGT3 Is a GOD !LUISGT3 Is a GOD !LUISGT3 Is a GOD !LUISGT3 Is a GOD !LUISGT3 Is a GOD !LUISGT3 Is a GOD !LUISGT3 Is a GOD !LUISGT3 Is a GOD !LUISGT3 Is a GOD !LUISGT3 Is a GOD !LUISGT3 Is a GOD !
Congrats Aaron, I beleive that this is second fastest documented 997TT 1/4 E.T.

Old 11-24-2008, 10:02 AM
GT RUS is just really niceGT RUS is just really niceGT RUS is just really niceGT RUS is just really niceGT RUS is just really nice
Who has 1st one ???

Old 11-24-2008, 10:04 AM
Divexxtreme Is a GOD !Divexxtreme Is a GOD !Divexxtreme Is a GOD !Divexxtreme Is a GOD !Divexxtreme Is a GOD !Divexxtreme Is a GOD !Divexxtreme Is a GOD !Divexxtreme Is a GOD !Divexxtreme Is a GOD !Divexxtreme Is a GOD !Divexxtreme Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by GT RUS
Who has 1st one ???
Take a wild guess.

Old 11-24-2008, 10:06 AM
Monaco has a reputation beyond reputeMonaco has a reputation beyond reputeMonaco has a reputation beyond reputeMonaco has a reputation beyond reputeMonaco has a reputation beyond reputeMonaco has a reputation beyond reputeMonaco has a reputation beyond reputeMonaco has a reputation beyond reputeMonaco has a reputation beyond reputeMonaco has a reputation beyond reputeMonaco has a reputation beyond repute
Stock wheels look brilliant on that car. Makes the car look like a sleeper!

Old 11-24-2008, 10:29 AM
Michael, David's Sledgehammer ran a 9.79, Duh!

Aaron

Old 11-24-2008, 10:17 PM
keithta Is a GOD !keithta Is a GOD !keithta Is a GOD !keithta Is a GOD !keithta Is a GOD !keithta Is a GOD !keithta Is a GOD !keithta Is a GOD !keithta Is a GOD !keithta Is a GOD !keithta Is a GOD !
Aaron:

Fantastic times my man. Those Tips are hard to beat! Congrats!

Keith

Old 11-26-2008, 10:28 AM
Originally Posted by keithta
Aaron:

Fantastic times my man. Those Tips are hard to beat! Congrats!

Keith
Thanks man, your car is also a beast!

Aaron

Old 11-26-2008, 10:51 AM
Q8_TwinTurbo has much to be proud ofQ8_TwinTurbo has much to be proud ofQ8_TwinTurbo has much to be proud ofQ8_TwinTurbo has much to be proud ofQ8_TwinTurbo has much to be proud ofQ8_TwinTurbo has much to be proud ofQ8_TwinTurbo has much to be proud ofQ8_TwinTurbo has much to be proud ofQ8_TwinTurbo has much to be proud of
Acicchelli,

Great runs, congratulations and good luck on your next trip to the drags.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Took my Switzer 997TT tip to the Dragstrip Today