997 Turbo / GT2 2006–2012 Turbo discussion on the 997 model Porsche 911 Twin Turbo.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: Bears Transport

Took my Switzer 997TT tip to the Dragstrip Today

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 03-15-2009, 06:27 AM
GT RUS is just really niceGT RUS is just really niceGT RUS is just really niceGT RUS is just really niceGT RUS is just really nice
Originally Posted by Shotcaller
Make sure to test it against that SLR on ur previous vids ...I'm sure it will be awesome ran

BTW....What intercoolers u r installing?
We are installing Swizter MONSTER ICs...Tym modified all fittings and piping for them to be installed outside of his shop...he said they are even more efficient now...

Old 03-15-2009, 07:52 AM
VBOXKING has much to be proud ofVBOXKING has much to be proud ofVBOXKING has much to be proud ofVBOXKING has much to be proud ofVBOXKING has much to be proud ofVBOXKING has much to be proud ofVBOXKING has much to be proud ofVBOXKING has much to be proud ofVBOXKING has much to be proud of
The tip handles the hard launches fine. My SPI 750 tip is still running strong and puts a smile on my face everytime I floor it.

Aaron

Old 03-15-2009, 08:32 AM
lintc0532 has a reputation beyond reputelintc0532 has a reputation beyond reputelintc0532 has a reputation beyond reputelintc0532 has a reputation beyond reputelintc0532 has a reputation beyond reputelintc0532 has a reputation beyond reputelintc0532 has a reputation beyond reputelintc0532 has a reputation beyond reputelintc0532 has a reputation beyond reputelintc0532 has a reputation beyond reputelintc0532 has a reputation beyond repute
Em...
So thats a good point = tip cars saving clutch cost when you do the 700+hp kit?As for manaul cars..Well the stage 2 or 3 clutch dosent cost much but the labour to remove transmission to change clutch is pretty costy....

Old 03-15-2009, 08:33 AM
milou has a reputation beyond reputemilou has a reputation beyond reputemilou has a reputation beyond reputemilou has a reputation beyond reputemilou has a reputation beyond reputemilou has a reputation beyond reputemilou has a reputation beyond reputemilou has a reputation beyond reputemilou has a reputation beyond reputemilou has a reputation beyond reputemilou has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by acicchelli
The tip handles the hard launches fine. My SPI 750 tip is still running strong and puts a smile on my face everytime I floor it.

Aaron
Do you brake/launch the car?

Old 03-15-2009, 11:11 AM
VBOXKING has much to be proud ofVBOXKING has much to be proud ofVBOXKING has much to be proud ofVBOXKING has much to be proud ofVBOXKING has much to be proud ofVBOXKING has much to be proud ofVBOXKING has much to be proud ofVBOXKING has much to be proud ofVBOXKING has much to be proud of
Originally Posted by milou
Do you brake/launch the car?
Yes, thats the only way you can pull 1.6x 60 ft times, and 0-60mph in 2.5 seconds.

Aaron

Old 03-15-2009, 01:49 PM
GT RUS is just really niceGT RUS is just really niceGT RUS is just really niceGT RUS is just really niceGT RUS is just really nice
Hey Aaron...

How much millage did you do so far ???

How do you compare performance tp your Renntech SLR ???

Originally Posted by acicchelli

Aaron

Old 03-15-2009, 04:25 PM
Originally Posted by GT RUS
Hey Aaron...

How much millage did you do so far ???

How do you compare performance tp your Renntech SLR ???
I have 4500 miles on the 997TT tip car so far, so about 2500 miles since I have had it. From a roll the SLR and 997TT are about even in acceleration, from a stop obviously the 997TT tip gets off the line much better being awd and rear engine. The SLR is in a totally different league though overall. I love both cars.

Aaron

Old 03-16-2009, 05:03 AM
Cool..thanks...What is happaning with Sledgehammer ???

Old 03-16-2009, 06:20 PM
Kakimoto is infamous around these parts
Very nice...Congrats !!!

Old 03-16-2009, 06:32 PM
evoviiiyou is a splendid one to beholdevoviiiyou is a splendid one to beholdevoviiiyou is a splendid one to beholdevoviiiyou is a splendid one to beholdevoviiiyou is a splendid one to beholdevoviiiyou is a splendid one to beholdevoviiiyou is a splendid one to behold
OK I am done. Found a buyer for my 996TT and now in the market for a Bassalt Black and Black 997TT Tip so I can get this exact package from Switzer. Thanks Aaron for costing me more Porsche money LOL. Seriously sick car man! Congrats on this and the collection.

Old 03-17-2009, 07:02 AM
Originally Posted by evoviiiyou
OK I am done. Found a buyer for my 996TT and now in the market for a Bassalt Black and Black 997TT Tip so I can get this exact package from Switzer. Thanks Aaron for costing me more Porsche money LOL. Seriously sick car man! Congrats on this and the collection.
Congrats man, you will love it!

Aaron

Old 03-17-2009, 08:27 AM
Awaiting Email Confirmation
jnixon is infamous around these parts
What is the torque output on your 997? I have the AWE 700 and 750 on race fuel kit. My best time was in the low 11s and a trap near 130. I do find it hard to put in good times in a stick because of the amount of shifting and the perfection of the shift points to make an optimal run but that is an awesone time. I have not seen a Z06 run that fast. Fortunately I own a Z06 with a friend of mine and plan to see what it will run on the 1/4 mile. However, wheelspin will be the issue for the vette since it wants to break loose everytime you hammer it.

Old 03-17-2009, 08:36 AM
Originally Posted by jnixon
What is the torque output on your 997? I have the AWE 700 and 750 on race fuel kit. My best time was in the low 11s and a trap near 130. I do find it hard to put in good times in a stick because of the amount of shifting and the perfection of the shift points to make an optimal run but that is an awesone time. I have not seen a Z06 run that fast. Fortunately I own a Z06 with a friend of mine and plan to see what it will run on the 1/4 mile. However, wheelspin will be the issue for the vette since it wants to break loose everytime you hammer it.
I am not sure on the torque output, do you know what is it Michael (GT RUS)?

Aaron

Old 03-17-2009, 12:51 PM
I think MORE THEN ENOUGH...

To be honest I have no idea man...remember it made 593 awhp at 90F + and over 600 on colder day and Tym said Torgue curve looked beautiful )))

When are you going to test it 0-180 (0-300kms)) what did it run 0-120-125 ???

You think it will have a change vs tuned SLR 50-180 ???

Old 03-17-2009, 05:39 PM
Originally Posted by GT RUS
I think MORE THEN ENOUGH...

To be honest I have no idea man...remember it made 593 awhp at 90F + and over 600 on colder day and Tym said Torgue curve looked beautiful )))

When are you going to test it 0-180 (0-300kms)) what did it run 0-120-125 ???

You think it will have a change vs tuned SLR 50-180 ???
I think the SLR has more top end, so it will likely win a 50-180mph race. I do not have anywhere safe to do a 0-180mph run, so I wont be doing that anytime soon.

Aaron

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Took my Switzer 997TT tip to the Dragstrip Today