997 Turbo / GT2 2006–2012 Turbo discussion on the 997 model Porsche 911 Twin Turbo.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: Bears Transport

Help me eliminate RDK!!!

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 01-11-2009, 06:57 PM
luiscarlos has much to be proud ofluiscarlos has much to be proud ofluiscarlos has much to be proud ofluiscarlos has much to be proud ofluiscarlos has much to be proud ofluiscarlos has much to be proud ofluiscarlos has much to be proud ofluiscarlos has much to be proud of
Help me eliminate RDK!!!

Please can someone give me the sequence to KILL,DESTROY the RDK dash warning I use aftermarket wheels and I don't want to have the RDK active.

I went with 2 dealers and they don't know how to eliminate the RDK with the PIWIS.

I need step by step or a drill to blow the stupid red !

Old 01-11-2009, 08:34 PM
PorschePhd has a reputation beyond reputePorschePhd has a reputation beyond reputePorschePhd has a reputation beyond reputePorschePhd has a reputation beyond reputePorschePhd has a reputation beyond reputePorschePhd has a reputation beyond reputePorschePhd has a reputation beyond reputePorschePhd has a reputation beyond reputePorschePhd has a reputation beyond reputePorschePhd has a reputation beyond reputePorschePhd has a reputation beyond repute
I have tried everything. I have unprogrammed it, removed the modules, recoded...nothing has worked. So, as far as I know it can not be done. Sorry.

Old 01-11-2009, 08:55 PM
TT Surgeon Is a GOD !TT Surgeon Is a GOD !TT Surgeon Is a GOD !TT Surgeon Is a GOD !TT Surgeon Is a GOD !TT Surgeon Is a GOD !TT Surgeon Is a GOD !TT Surgeon Is a GOD !TT Surgeon Is a GOD !TT Surgeon Is a GOD !TT Surgeon Is a GOD !
What's RDK?

Old 01-11-2009, 09:02 PM
luiscarlos has much to be proud ofluiscarlos has much to be proud ofluiscarlos has much to be proud ofluiscarlos has much to be proud ofluiscarlos has much to be proud ofluiscarlos has much to be proud ofluiscarlos has much to be proud ofluiscarlos has much to be proud of
Thanks lets wait and see if someone tomorow can help us....

Old 01-11-2009, 09:21 PM
ALPINE_997 is a splendid one to beholdALPINE_997 is a splendid one to beholdALPINE_997 is a splendid one to beholdALPINE_997 is a splendid one to beholdALPINE_997 is a splendid one to beholdALPINE_997 is a splendid one to beholdALPINE_997 is a splendid one to behold
Chris,

It's the tire pressure sensor warning that puts a "!" on your dash or your TPMS in English or Rad Druck Kontrol in German.

Old 01-11-2009, 09:25 PM
Originally Posted by ALPINE_997
Chris,

It's the tire pressure sensor warning that puts a "!" on your dash or your TPMS in English or Rad Druck Kontrol in German.
Ok and how can I eliminate ?

Old 01-11-2009, 09:29 PM
ALPINE_997 is a splendid one to beholdALPINE_997 is a splendid one to beholdALPINE_997 is a splendid one to beholdALPINE_997 is a splendid one to beholdALPINE_997 is a splendid one to beholdALPINE_997 is a splendid one to beholdALPINE_997 is a splendid one to behold
I wish I could tell ya. You have aftermarket wheels and you put back the TPMS sensors right?

Did you reset your pressure in the menu options and tell it that you changed tires? Mine did that a couple of times and I had to tell it it was partial load, summer tires in 19" - although I run 20's and its all good now.

Maybe bump up the PSI a little so see where it likes it.

Last edited by ALPINE_997; 01-11-2009 at 09:31 PM.
Old 01-12-2009, 02:01 AM
milou has a reputation beyond reputemilou has a reputation beyond reputemilou has a reputation beyond reputemilou has a reputation beyond reputemilou has a reputation beyond reputemilou has a reputation beyond reputemilou has a reputation beyond reputemilou has a reputation beyond reputemilou has a reputation beyond reputemilou has a reputation beyond reputemilou has a reputation beyond repute
I had the same problem after installing my 20" gemballa wheels. I replaced all 4 sensors with new ones and reprogrammed them, i also used nitrogen instead of air, after that problem solved

Old 01-12-2009, 08:25 AM
TT Surgeon Is a GOD !TT Surgeon Is a GOD !TT Surgeon Is a GOD !TT Surgeon Is a GOD !TT Surgeon Is a GOD !TT Surgeon Is a GOD !TT Surgeon Is a GOD !TT Surgeon Is a GOD !TT Surgeon Is a GOD !TT Surgeon Is a GOD !TT Surgeon Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by ALPINE_997
Chris,

Gotcha, I have that light everytime I change rims, just reset it on the on board computer, usually clears within 10 minutes. You must use tpms sensors in all your rims though.

Old 01-12-2009, 01:03 PM
GotBoost? Is a GOD !GotBoost? Is a GOD !GotBoost? Is a GOD !GotBoost? Is a GOD !GotBoost? Is a GOD !GotBoost? Is a GOD !GotBoost? Is a GOD !GotBoost? Is a GOD !GotBoost? Is a GOD !GotBoost? Is a GOD !GotBoost? Is a GOD !
I have the same problem. The dealer can't figure it out either. It used to just clear after resetting it. Now it seems to be permanent.

Old 01-12-2009, 11:46 PM
Make sure you are using the porsche tpms sensors, the ones sold by tr seem to be more buggy.
Also, metal valve stem caps will throw off the system, must use a plastic cap, or so I've been told.

Old 01-13-2009, 02:31 PM
Former Vendor
KrafTechnik will become famous soon enoughKrafTechnik will become famous soon enough
There's no reason you shouldn't be able to run RDK with aftermarket wheels.... Let me start by asking... did you put the sensors in the new wheels?

Old 01-13-2009, 07:39 PM
I know I can run the sensors in aftermarket wheels.
I have 2 sets in my desk but I dont want to use them becuase they turn on really easy.

Old 01-13-2009, 09:46 PM
SoCalCFP is on a distinguished road
i have tpms with my hre p40's and no problem. after install, i had to reset/re learn the new wheels and it cleared fine. i had to read the owners manual to figure it out.

Old 01-14-2009, 08:42 AM
Well there is the problem. He is not running the sensors. He wants PIWIS solutio to turn off the warning light for the sensor without running the sensors.

Would have helped that you mentioned that.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Help me eliminate RDK!!!