997 Turbo / GT2 2006–2012 Turbo discussion on the 997 model Porsche 911 Twin Turbo.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: Bears Transport

Questions? Fabspeed Headers,Muffler,Intake

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 02-09-2009, 11:38 AM
ferrarinv is on a distinguished road
Questions? Fabspeed Headers,Muffler,Intake

Looking into the Fabspeed Headers,Muffler,Intake Kit.

Local Porsche dealer would install.

Fabspeed claims these parts doesn't void the factory Porsche Warranty. Has anyone had any dealer servicing/warranty issues because of these aftermarket parts being installed?

Smog. The vehicle is registered in Nevada, Does anyone know if the Intake Cones will pass the visual inspection during smog check?

Has anyone had any problems with this kit. (Blowing o2 sensors,check engine light, ETC?)

Any other comments would be appreciated.

Thanks

Old 02-09-2009, 12:31 PM
GotBoost? Is a GOD !GotBoost? Is a GOD !GotBoost? Is a GOD !GotBoost? Is a GOD !GotBoost? Is a GOD !GotBoost? Is a GOD !GotBoost? Is a GOD !GotBoost? Is a GOD !GotBoost? Is a GOD !GotBoost? Is a GOD !GotBoost? Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by ferrarinv
Looking into the Fabspeed Headers,Muffler,Intake Kit.

Local Porsche dealer would install.

Fabspeed claims these parts doesn't void the factory Porsche Warranty. Has anyone had any dealer servicing/warranty issues because of these aftermarket parts being installed?

Smog. The vehicle is registered in Nevada, Does anyone know if the Intake Cones will pass the visual inspection during smog check?

Has anyone had any problems with this kit. (Blowing o2 sensors,check engine light, ETC?)

Any other comments would be appreciated.

Thanks
No aftermarket manufacturer can claim that their products won't void the factory warranty. They are not OE and the manufacturer can void if they can prove the aftermarket part caused the breakdown.

Fabspeed makes good products and blown O2's or CELS have not been an issue as far as I know. TTSuregeon on this board has a lot of experience with the Fabspeed stuff.

Old 02-09-2009, 04:10 PM
E55AMG has much to be proud ofE55AMG has much to be proud ofE55AMG has much to be proud ofE55AMG has much to be proud ofE55AMG has much to be proud ofE55AMG has much to be proud ofE55AMG has much to be proud ofE55AMG has much to be proud ofE55AMG has much to be proud ofE55AMG has much to be proud of
As said above, any mod can void warranty if the product caused the failure.

My dealer won't even try to diagnosis the constant CEL's (I tried 3 different set of CATS) I get because it's an aftermarket system. In fact they told me if I want them to try to figure it out to put the stock system back on and they'll take a look at it LOL! I just bring it in every few months to check the code and make sure it's nothing else.

Last edited by E55AMG; 02-09-2009 at 04:32 PM.
Old 02-09-2009, 07:57 PM
gretapass has a reputation beyond reputegretapass has a reputation beyond reputegretapass has a reputation beyond reputegretapass has a reputation beyond reputegretapass has a reputation beyond reputegretapass has a reputation beyond reputegretapass has a reputation beyond reputegretapass has a reputation beyond reputegretapass has a reputation beyond reputegretapass has a reputation beyond reputegretapass has a reputation beyond repute
I'll look forward to seeing more posts on this - just today I was offered a new Fabspeed system at cost that someone didn't take delivery of due to financial problems. Will give me about 650hp and nearly 700 lbs of torque. Hmmmm. Swore I wasn't going to start modding this one tile my warranty was up, but, but, but, hmmmmmm........so inviting! What to do.?

Old 02-09-2009, 08:48 PM
bbywu Is a GOD !bbywu Is a GOD !bbywu Is a GOD !bbywu Is a GOD !bbywu Is a GOD !bbywu Is a GOD !bbywu Is a GOD !bbywu Is a GOD !bbywu Is a GOD !bbywu Is a GOD !bbywu Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by gretapass
I'll look forward to seeing more posts on this - just today I was offered a new Fabspeed system at cost that someone didn't take delivery of due to financial problems. Will give me about 650hp and nearly 700 lbs of torque. Hmmmm. Swore I wasn't going to start modding this one tile my warranty was up, but, but, but, hmmmmmm........so inviting! What to do.?
No exhaust, intake, header is going to give you 650HP...not even with an ECU flash. 30 hp...maybe.

Old 02-09-2009, 08:53 PM
GotBoost? Is a GOD !GotBoost? Is a GOD !GotBoost? Is a GOD !GotBoost? Is a GOD !GotBoost? Is a GOD !GotBoost? Is a GOD !GotBoost? Is a GOD !GotBoost? Is a GOD !GotBoost? Is a GOD !GotBoost? Is a GOD !GotBoost? Is a GOD !
You're not serious right? 650hp?

Old 02-09-2009, 09:36 PM
lintc0532 has a reputation beyond reputelintc0532 has a reputation beyond reputelintc0532 has a reputation beyond reputelintc0532 has a reputation beyond reputelintc0532 has a reputation beyond reputelintc0532 has a reputation beyond reputelintc0532 has a reputation beyond reputelintc0532 has a reputation beyond reputelintc0532 has a reputation beyond reputelintc0532 has a reputation beyond reputelintc0532 has a reputation beyond repute
When I had exhaust header intake and IPD before the ECU tune i dynoed out 433AWHP,whichs about 530hp @ crank.

Old 02-09-2009, 09:37 PM
TT Surgeon Is a GOD !TT Surgeon Is a GOD !TT Surgeon Is a GOD !TT Surgeon Is a GOD !TT Surgeon Is a GOD !TT Surgeon Is a GOD !TT Surgeon Is a GOD !TT Surgeon Is a GOD !TT Surgeon Is a GOD !TT Surgeon Is a GOD !TT Surgeon Is a GOD !
f-carnv, you've got pm!

Old 02-10-2009, 04:30 AM
Kafka997 has a reputation beyond reputeKafka997 has a reputation beyond reputeKafka997 has a reputation beyond reputeKafka997 has a reputation beyond reputeKafka997 has a reputation beyond reputeKafka997 has a reputation beyond reputeKafka997 has a reputation beyond reputeKafka997 has a reputation beyond reputeKafka997 has a reputation beyond reputeKafka997 has a reputation beyond reputeKafka997 has a reputation beyond repute
Me too

Originally Posted by E55AMG
As said above, any mod can void warranty if the product caused the failure.

My dealer won't even try to diagnosis the constant CEL's (I tried 3 different set of CATS) I get because it's an aftermarket system. In fact they told me if I want them to try to figure it out to put the stock system back on and they'll take a look at it LOL! I just bring it in every few months to check the code and make sure it's nothing else.
This is my experience as well - but others have had better luck. Search mod friendly dealers. Pick up an OBDII code reader/clearer - they can be handy.
K.

Old 02-10-2009, 09:57 AM
Former Vendor
Fabspeed Motorsport Is a GOD !Fabspeed Motorsport Is a GOD !Fabspeed Motorsport Is a GOD !Fabspeed Motorsport Is a GOD !Fabspeed Motorsport Is a GOD !Fabspeed Motorsport Is a GOD !Fabspeed Motorsport Is a GOD !Fabspeed Motorsport Is a GOD !Fabspeed Motorsport Is a GOD !Fabspeed Motorsport Is a GOD !Fabspeed Motorsport Is a GOD !
These numbers can be achieved utilizing Fabspeed's 70mm/2.75" Maxflo exhaust system with 200 cell HJS sportcats, High performance air intake system, headers, and an ECU Tune by PES software. We dyno'd our 997TT with these products listed and put down amazing power with just bolt-on products and a repgrogram. Multiply by 20% and you have 602HP/694ft-lbs of tq to the crank. Our 70mm/2.75" system is true from the catalytic converters out to the tips, and nothing is stepped down to restrict power. The system is available for $10,695--> visit Fabspeed.com for more information on our 997TT performance products.

Last edited by Fabspeed Motorsport; 02-10-2009 at 10:00 AM.
Old 02-10-2009, 10:27 AM
TT Surgeon Is a GOD !TT Surgeon Is a GOD !TT Surgeon Is a GOD !TT Surgeon Is a GOD !TT Surgeon Is a GOD !TT Surgeon Is a GOD !TT Surgeon Is a GOD !TT Surgeon Is a GOD !TT Surgeon Is a GOD !TT Surgeon Is a GOD !TT Surgeon Is a GOD !
I don't like the way that tq drops off on that tracing. Seems like there would be quite a flat spot at about 3k rpm, hmmm.
Any others?

Last edited by TT Surgeon; 02-10-2009 at 04:59 PM.
Old 02-10-2009, 10:33 AM
Originally Posted by TT Surgeon
I don't like the way that tq drops off on that tracing.
Any others?
I agree.

Old 02-10-2009, 10:35 AM
Kafka997 has a reputation beyond reputeKafka997 has a reputation beyond reputeKafka997 has a reputation beyond reputeKafka997 has a reputation beyond reputeKafka997 has a reputation beyond reputeKafka997 has a reputation beyond reputeKafka997 has a reputation beyond reputeKafka997 has a reputation beyond reputeKafka997 has a reputation beyond reputeKafka997 has a reputation beyond reputeKafka997 has a reputation beyond repute
Go for it ...

I was in a similar position, not thinking I would ever mod the 997TT as it so surpassed my heavily modified M3. Then came exhaust (wow!), then came the new Bilstein suspension (double wow ), and now I'm waiting for delivery of (the rest of) my 620 kit (headers, ECU, intercoolers ) . I did a LOT of research both on (many knowledgable, experienced, and helpful folks) and off (e.g., tuners, Porsche mechanic friends, engineers who drive the kits) this forum before making my decision to go for it. The warranty will be toast (but you can still get your work done whatever it might be) so wait until you're 1/2 way through your warranty to feel more comfortable about your car (it's a Porsche - it wins engine and other awards annually), and think about your evolving driving(or just fun) interests. Each change sees the car become more and more of a supercar while keeping it's daily driving comfort. There are a number of very reputable companies to deal with and choose from, each product offers something a bit different in terms of the power curve etc.

If you are even thinking about it .........say no more!

Keep us posted!
K.
P.S. I will post my comments on the rest of my 620 kit after it arrives and I put some seat time in (in the snow).

Old 02-10-2009, 10:44 AM
TT Gasman has a brilliant futureTT Gasman has a brilliant futureTT Gasman has a brilliant futureTT Gasman has a brilliant futureTT Gasman has a brilliant futureTT Gasman has a brilliant futureTT Gasman has a brilliant futureTT Gasman has a brilliant futureTT Gasman has a brilliant futureTT Gasman has a brilliant futureTT Gasman has a brilliant future
That's a significant drop off the tq curve, most of the ECU upgrades tend to cross hp/tq curves at around 5200 rpm. There are only a few ecu upgrades that maintain the tq, for example Ruf.

Old 02-10-2009, 10:53 AM
Former Vendor
Fabspeed Motorsport Is a GOD !Fabspeed Motorsport Is a GOD !Fabspeed Motorsport Is a GOD !Fabspeed Motorsport Is a GOD !Fabspeed Motorsport Is a GOD !Fabspeed Motorsport Is a GOD !Fabspeed Motorsport Is a GOD !Fabspeed Motorsport Is a GOD !Fabspeed Motorsport Is a GOD !Fabspeed Motorsport Is a GOD !Fabspeed Motorsport Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by TT Surgeon
I don't like the way that tq drops off on that tracing.
Any others?
This was on our 997tt which had a slipping clutch. Here is a dyno of a 997tt with our ECU performance package with our regular 63.5mm exhaust. Same program that you are running in your car my friend

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Questions? Fabspeed Headers,Muffler,Intake