997 Turbo / GT2 2006–2012 Turbo discussion on the 997 model Porsche 911 Twin Turbo.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: Bears Transport

price check

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 02-19-2009, 12:09 AM
invids is on a distinguished road
price check

I'm in the market for a new DD right now and I'm looking at a 2007 turbo coupe with 42k miles. Its got a couple of the options..nav/chrono and its a 6 speed. Condition is like a 7/10. It's silver on brown. What would a steal price be for this car? Also, the warranty only goes up to 50k miles correct? How reliable have the high mileage turbos been?

Thanks.

Old 02-19-2009, 12:26 AM
GotBoost? Is a GOD !GotBoost? Is a GOD !GotBoost? Is a GOD !GotBoost? Is a GOD !GotBoost? Is a GOD !GotBoost? Is a GOD !GotBoost? Is a GOD !GotBoost? Is a GOD !GotBoost? Is a GOD !GotBoost? Is a GOD !GotBoost? Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by invids
I'm in the market for a new DD right now and I'm looking at a 2007 turbo coupe with 42k miles. Its got a couple of the options..nav/chrono and its a 6 speed. Condition is like a 7/10. It's silver on brown. What would a steal price be for this car? Also, the warranty only goes up to 50k miles correct? How reliable have the high mileage turbos been?

Thanks.
Wholesale Kelly Bluebook is $91,250 after a $10,000 mileage penalty hit. These cars are worth between $75,000-$84,000 on the wholesale side depending on the condition(this is what dealers will offer on the trade in). If you got it somewhere in the 70's, that's a great deal. IMO.

The warranty does expire at 50k. These cars are pretty darn reliable. Haven't seen too many over 50,000 miles though. These cars are usually weekend drivers and dont' rack up too many miles.

Old 02-19-2009, 12:34 AM
Does anyone have any idea how much extended warranty costs? Should I take it and run if I'm able to get the car for mid 60s even with the mileage?

Old 02-19-2009, 12:36 AM
GotBoost? Is a GOD !GotBoost? Is a GOD !GotBoost? Is a GOD !GotBoost? Is a GOD !GotBoost? Is a GOD !GotBoost? Is a GOD !GotBoost? Is a GOD !GotBoost? Is a GOD !GotBoost? Is a GOD !GotBoost? Is a GOD !GotBoost? Is a GOD !
Is it from a dealer or a private party? Either way $60k is a steal. Just make sure you get it checked out thoroughly.

Old 02-19-2009, 12:40 AM
its through an auction so will for sure get a ppi

Old 02-19-2009, 01:37 AM
Ray
Former Vendor
Ray Is a GOD !Ray Is a GOD !Ray Is a GOD !Ray Is a GOD !Ray Is a GOD !Ray Is a GOD !Ray Is a GOD !Ray Is a GOD !Ray Is a GOD !Ray Is a GOD !Ray Is a GOD !
997TT for $60K, where can I sign up!

Old 02-19-2009, 12:02 PM
I never said 60k...

anyone else got any ideas?

Old 02-19-2009, 01:42 PM
two-five LGT is an unknown quantity at this point
That's alot of mileage for this type of car. Are you planning to keep it for a long time and/or put on alot of miles (You will use it as a DD?) I could see the resale of this car being a big issue further down the line due to the mileage. Does it have sufficient service/maintenance docs as its coming from an auction? Definitely get a PPI to make sure it all chks out.

Old 02-19-2009, 02:02 PM
JZRS4 has a reputation beyond reputeJZRS4 has a reputation beyond reputeJZRS4 has a reputation beyond reputeJZRS4 has a reputation beyond reputeJZRS4 has a reputation beyond reputeJZRS4 has a reputation beyond reputeJZRS4 has a reputation beyond reputeJZRS4 has a reputation beyond reputeJZRS4 has a reputation beyond reputeJZRS4 has a reputation beyond reputeJZRS4 has a reputation beyond repute
I'll throw my 2 cents in
An 07 with 50k miles is very high for a normal daily driver, for a Turbo 997 50K miles is super high. I think you could make any reasonable offer on this car and walk with it. The question is with so many on the market why would you buy the pig with lipstick?

Old 02-19-2009, 02:22 PM
pnoob2 is a jewel in the roughpnoob2 is a jewel in the roughpnoob2 is a jewel in the roughpnoob2 is a jewel in the rough
http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/Cars-...3A1|240%3A1318

80k at 18k miles....if your talking 50k miles...60k is really not that great of a steal. Just figure that depreciation on a turbo is usually somewhere around $1 dollar per mile

Old 02-19-2009, 03:58 PM
C4SxM5 Is a GOD !C4SxM5 Is a GOD !C4SxM5 Is a GOD !C4SxM5 Is a GOD !C4SxM5 Is a GOD !C4SxM5 Is a GOD !C4SxM5 Is a GOD !C4SxM5 Is a GOD !C4SxM5 Is a GOD !C4SxM5 Is a GOD !C4SxM5 Is a GOD !
Are you talking about the one in Riverside:
2007 PORSCHE 911 TURBO

Seller Information

• PORSCHE FINANCIAL SERVICES

Location/State

Sale Date

• 02/26/2009 - 12:30 PM Eastern Time

Lane & Run

<!-- end vehInformation -->

<!-- end vdp_nav -->
<table summary="This table contains detailed information on the current vehicle."> <caption>Vehicle Details</caption> <tbody><tr> <th scope="row">Year:</th> <td>2007</td> <th scope="row">VIN:</th> <td> WP0AD29917S783415 </td> </tr> <tr> <th scope="row">Make:</th> <td>PORSCHE</td> <th scope="row">Body Style:</th> <td>Coupe</td> </tr> <tr> <th scope="row">Model:</th> <td>911</td> <th scope="row">Doors:</th> <td>2</td> </tr> <tr> <th scope="row">Trim Level:</th> <td>Not Available</td> <th scope="row">Vehicle Type:</th> <td>Car</td> </tr> <tr> <th scope="row">Odometer:</th> <td> 42,710 mi </td> <th scope="row">Title State:</th> <td>CA</td> </tr> <tr> <th scope="row">In-Service Date:</th> <td>Not Available</td> <th scope="row">Title Status:</th> <td>Received at Auction</td> </tr> <tr> <th scope="row"><label>Engine:</label></th> <td>6 Cyl. Gasoline Turbo</td> <th scope="row">Drive Train:</th> <td>Not Available</td> </tr> <tr> <th scope="row">Displacement:</th> <td>3.6 L</td> <th scope="row">Interior Type:</th> <td>Leather</td> </tr> <tr> <th scope="row">Transmission:</th> <td>Manual</td> <th scope="row">Top Type:</th> <td>Moon Roof</td> </tr> <tr> <th scope="row">Exterior Color:</th> <td>SLIVER</td> <th scope="row">Stereo:</th> <td>CD Player</td> </tr> <tr> <th scope="row"><label>Interior Color:</label></th> <td>BRN</td> <th scope="row">Airbags:</th> <td>Dual, Side</td> </tr> <tr class="dotted_last"> <th scope="row">Window Sticker:</th> <td> Not Available </td> <th scope="row">Vehicle History:</th> <td> Not Available </td></tr></tbody></table>

if so, MMR is $70 so anything below that is a good deal.

Old 02-19-2009, 08:32 PM
raiyu is a splendid one to beholdraiyu is a splendid one to beholdraiyu is a splendid one to beholdraiyu is a splendid one to beholdraiyu is a splendid one to beholdraiyu is a splendid one to beholdraiyu is a splendid one to behold
I've got 27,000 on my 08. In terms of issues what I've encountered is the clutch slave cylinder twice (although I think the first time the dealership I took it to just sucked).

I had three bad spark plugs in the first 4 months.

But at 47K you would probably want to replace the plugs anyway unless they were recently done.

Aside from that the car has been pretty bulletproof (*knock on wood*).

As for extended warranty I'm looking into that myself as I'll be past 50K one year from now. Dont quote me but the cost is around $3-$4K and should give you another 4 years or 50,000 added to the original warranty.

I would work out the warranty with the dealership that you will be servicing it at just to make sure there will be no problems with getting the work covered. In my case Im going to purchase it through Prestige Porsche of Nanuet most likely. Otherwise if I buy it elsewhere then it operates like insurance, you take your car in, they do work, and then you send out the invoice etc and get reimbursed. Through the dealership you buy it at its like getting regular warranty work.

Anyway I haven't purchased it yet so please do your own research cause I could be wrong.

Btw, they make great DDs =)

Old 02-19-2009, 10:07 PM
Thanks for the input man

and yeah its the one in riverside..trying to get more pics of it at the moment but it seems like a nice car

Old 02-19-2009, 10:46 PM
docjackson1 will become famous soon enough
Originally Posted by JZRS4
I'll throw my 2 cents in
An 07 with 50k miles is very high for a normal daily driver, for a Turbo 997 50K miles is super high. I think you could make any reasonable offer on this car and walk with it. The question is with so many on the market why would you buy the pig with lipstick?
i agree with you 100%. you are buying the bottom of the market-one of the highest mileage cars at an auction. that car is only worth it to the original owner, if there was one owner, if he knows that the car is in great shape. i wouldn't buy it.

Old 02-22-2009, 11:12 PM
any other ideas? how does CPO work?

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: price check