997 Turbo / GT2 2006–2012 Turbo discussion on the 997 model Porsche 911 Twin Turbo.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: Bears Transport

Are you scraping?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 04-30-2009, 11:29 PM
bli8 is infamous around these partsbli8 is infamous around these parts
Are you scraping?

I have had many low riding cars but none scrap the road as much as the Turbo, it is not the front spoiler that I have problems with, it is the rubber extensions in front of the front and rear wheel wells. I know these are just rubber parts but I just don't like hearing those scrapping noises. Besides cosmetic reason, why are they even there? It is not like they are behind the wheels as mud flaps. I am thinking of triming those pieces a little, maybe 1/2" of so. Has anyone trim them, especially those w/ lowered suspension?

Old 05-01-2009, 12:06 AM
yrralis1 Is a GOD !yrralis1 Is a GOD !yrralis1 Is a GOD !yrralis1 Is a GOD !yrralis1 Is a GOD !yrralis1 Is a GOD !yrralis1 Is a GOD !yrralis1 Is a GOD !yrralis1 Is a GOD !yrralis1 Is a GOD !yrralis1 Is a GOD !
8 thousand miles and it's just unavoidable. Slow speed angle entance helps. Avoiding any questionable unlevel entrance helps.

I have seen some ruined spoilers . On lighter color cars it shows the scrape even more (with painted spoiler) .

My effort has switched from avoidance to maintenance. Once a year I will have mine painted .

From the front it's still ok.
Underneath it has some scrape.

Attached Images   
Old 05-01-2009, 07:14 PM
twturbo Is a GOD !twturbo Is a GOD !twturbo Is a GOD !twturbo Is a GOD !twturbo Is a GOD !twturbo Is a GOD !twturbo Is a GOD !twturbo Is a GOD !twturbo Is a GOD !twturbo Is a GOD !twturbo Is a GOD !
Hey Bruce ,it seems unavoidable once lowered i figured the flaps where to keep debris from hitting the tires or at least deflect it ,i noticed that Techart now makes a kit that raises the front of the car in 6 seconds for driveway approaches the button for the garage remote is used to operate it.See you at C&C again one of these days

Old 05-01-2009, 07:17 PM
gretapass has a reputation beyond reputegretapass has a reputation beyond reputegretapass has a reputation beyond reputegretapass has a reputation beyond reputegretapass has a reputation beyond reputegretapass has a reputation beyond reputegretapass has a reputation beyond reputegretapass has a reputation beyond reputegretapass has a reputation beyond reputegretapass has a reputation beyond reputegretapass has a reputation beyond repute
I try to take a very angled approaches where I think it may scrape, but I have got the front a few times - and I agree, awful sound. Not noticeable on mine yet, thank goodness.

Old 05-01-2009, 07:28 PM
sparkhill Is a GOD !sparkhill Is a GOD !sparkhill Is a GOD !sparkhill Is a GOD !sparkhill Is a GOD !sparkhill Is a GOD !sparkhill Is a GOD !sparkhill Is a GOD !sparkhill Is a GOD !sparkhill Is a GOD !sparkhill Is a GOD !
SharkWerks is going to retrofit the Cargraphics Airlift to my lowered car in June. I can't wait!

Old 05-01-2009, 07:50 PM
joecmess is an unknown quantity at this point
Originally Posted by bli8
I have had many low riding cars but none scrap the road as much as the Turbo, it is not the front spoiler that I have problems with, it is the rubber extensions in front of the front and rear wheel wells. I know these are just rubber parts but I just don't like hearing those scrapping noises. Besides cosmetic reason, why are they even there? It is not like they are behind the wheels as mud flaps. I am thinking of triming those pieces a little, maybe 1/2" of so. Has anyone trim them, especially those w/ lowered suspension?
One of mine came off. I noticed it was missing during a wash. The rear tire had to be removed to put a new one on. I never bothered to ask what they are though.

Old 05-01-2009, 08:01 PM
twturbo Is a GOD !twturbo Is a GOD !twturbo Is a GOD !twturbo Is a GOD !twturbo Is a GOD !twturbo Is a GOD !twturbo Is a GOD !twturbo Is a GOD !twturbo Is a GOD !twturbo Is a GOD !twturbo Is a GOD !
I did hear the same from Techart i think ,that if you have the blistien damptronics with pasm they can convert yours or maybe that was cargraphics ,i believe they are both based on the blistien version ,anybody here about this.

Old 05-01-2009, 08:21 PM
clay997tt is on a distinguished road
Unavoidable!
Backing into the garage
Making the turn at the bottom of the hill around the corner
And the worst is the unexpected!

Old 05-01-2009, 08:25 PM
germeezy1 Is a GOD !germeezy1 Is a GOD !germeezy1 Is a GOD !germeezy1 Is a GOD !germeezy1 Is a GOD !germeezy1 Is a GOD !germeezy1 Is a GOD !germeezy1 Is a GOD !germeezy1 Is a GOD !germeezy1 Is a GOD !germeezy1 Is a GOD !
I am really surprised no one has ever came out with these for Porsche's and yes I know its not as elegant as the lift system.

Old 05-02-2009, 09:00 AM
albuht813 is on a distinguished road
slow, angled approach is the best...or get an airlift system.

Old 05-02-2009, 12:35 PM
bbywu Is a GOD !bbywu Is a GOD !bbywu Is a GOD !bbywu Is a GOD !bbywu Is a GOD !bbywu Is a GOD !bbywu Is a GOD !bbywu Is a GOD !bbywu Is a GOD !bbywu Is a GOD !bbywu Is a GOD !
I've owned my car 2 years with stock suspension, and gone through two lips. I don't even care any more...I have three more spares in the basement...

(A flat file, sand paper, and exacto knife are my best friend, too!)

Old 05-02-2009, 06:31 PM
bli8 is infamous around these partsbli8 is infamous around these parts
Front lip is one thing but is anybody scraping the flaps IN FRONT of the wheel wells?

Old 05-03-2009, 09:59 AM
Quantum has a reputation beyond reputeQuantum has a reputation beyond reputeQuantum has a reputation beyond reputeQuantum has a reputation beyond reputeQuantum has a reputation beyond reputeQuantum has a reputation beyond reputeQuantum has a reputation beyond reputeQuantum has a reputation beyond reputeQuantum has a reputation beyond reputeQuantum has a reputation beyond reputeQuantum has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by bli8
Front lip is one thing but is anybody scraping the flaps IN FRONT of the wheel wells?
Both! I've come to realize its just something I have to deal with