997 Turbo / GT2 2006–2012 Turbo discussion on the 997 model Porsche 911 Twin Turbo.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: Bears Transport

AWE 650S Ordered

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 08-04-2009, 06:50 PM
todo is just really nicetodo is just really nicetodo is just really nicetodo is just really nice
AWE 650S Ordered

Thanks to this forum, I researched various systems available in the market all of them are great in different aspects.
I finally went with the AWE 650S and thanks to forum member ECLOU who lives in my neighborhood to come out take me for a drive in his AWE 750 997 on a Sunday morning.
I found we have another hobby in common 'Home Cinema'.
Apart from the program loader and various programs I also bought the Awe Black tips.
The reasons why I went with AWE were:
1. Great performance specs.
2. I prefer the exhaust sound of this system over others.
3. Domestic company with strong local presence and great tuner in Houston 'Autodynamica'.
4. Ability to load programs using the loader.
The plan is to have a understated car in looks and that is why I went with Malachite Green. I plan to make no more moods (body or wheels).
Following is a picture of the car I will post picture once the install is completed mid this month.
Todo

Old 08-04-2009, 07:47 PM
raclaims is a splendid one to beholdraclaims is a splendid one to beholdraclaims is a splendid one to beholdraclaims is a splendid one to beholdraclaims is a splendid one to beholdraclaims is a splendid one to beholdraclaims is a splendid one to behold
I told you he would seal the deal for you!

Congrats.

Can't wait to read the write up...

Old 08-04-2009, 07:54 PM
taylorcoleman has a reputation beyond reputetaylorcoleman has a reputation beyond reputetaylorcoleman has a reputation beyond reputetaylorcoleman has a reputation beyond reputetaylorcoleman has a reputation beyond reputetaylorcoleman has a reputation beyond reputetaylorcoleman has a reputation beyond reputetaylorcoleman has a reputation beyond reputetaylorcoleman has a reputation beyond reputetaylorcoleman has a reputation beyond reputetaylorcoleman has a reputation beyond repute
Great choice!

Old 08-04-2009, 09:44 PM
nreddy is on a distinguished road
670 hp

Hello Taylor
The dyno specs on crank HP was with which fuel type: 91/93/94.
BTW, having this pkg(650S) installed by Tunerworks in Calgary tomorrow-excited-can't wait-also doing the evoms BRV and BMC filter. Next stop ,next year AWE 750R and bilstein damps /sways

Old 08-05-2009, 06:43 AM
taylorcoleman has a reputation beyond reputetaylorcoleman has a reputation beyond reputetaylorcoleman has a reputation beyond reputetaylorcoleman has a reputation beyond reputetaylorcoleman has a reputation beyond reputetaylorcoleman has a reputation beyond reputetaylorcoleman has a reputation beyond reputetaylorcoleman has a reputation beyond reputetaylorcoleman has a reputation beyond reputetaylorcoleman has a reputation beyond reputetaylorcoleman has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by nreddy
Hello Taylor
The dyno specs on crank HP was with which fuel type: 91/93/94.
BTW, having this pkg(650S) installed by Tunerworks in Calgary tomorrow-excited-can't wait-also doing the evoms BRV and BMC filter. Next stop ,next year AWE 750R and bilstein damps /sways
Hey there. Damn...are you gonna love it

I used 93 on that dyno run I posted (670 crank hp weather adjusted). I also did the BRVs and BMC filter. I recommend keeping your stock airbox.

I'd love to pull the trigger on damps and sways. Next stop for me is to make the car feel much more, well, let's just say, much less soft. My C63 ride is stiffer than the P-car

Looking forward to you posting your experience with it.

Old 08-05-2009, 11:00 AM
what's the airbox-is that the BMC?

Old 08-05-2009, 11:01 AM
Don't like the stock suspension -too jumpy on the rearend

Old 08-05-2009, 11:11 AM
cannga Is a GOD !cannga Is a GOD !cannga Is a GOD !cannga Is a GOD !cannga Is a GOD !cannga Is a GOD !cannga Is a GOD !cannga Is a GOD !cannga Is a GOD !cannga Is a GOD !cannga Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by todo
Thanks to this forum, I researched various systems available in the market all of them are great in different aspects.
I finally went with the AWE 650S and thanks to forum member ECLOU who lives in my neighborhood to come out take me for a drive in his AWE 750 997 on a Sunday morning.
I found we have another hobby in common 'Home Cinema'.
Apart from the program loader and various programs I also bought the Awe Black tips.
The reasons why I went with AWE were:
1. Great performance specs.
2. I prefer the exhaust sound of this system over others.
3. Domestic company with strong local presence and great tuner in Houston 'Autodynamica'.
4. Ability to load programs using the loader.
You got the right man as "mod consultant." It's not by coincidence that my Turbo is a near duplicate of eclou's car with respect to mods (except I only have a GIAC stage 2). Knowing eclou could be expensive, he's solely responsible for the Techart lip in my car for example.

Congrats on the mod and be prepared to be shocked by the increase in power and elimination of lag.
I love the flashloader. I have it permanently mounted in my car such that at any given time, I could switch between modes easily. Since I use my car as a daily driver and prefer stock mode when traffic is heavy or when taking long drive with wife/friend (more relaxing cruise), I find this feature important & valuable.

Old 08-05-2009, 12:17 PM
Thanx, Can
If in Calgary-should meet up sometime
Already have the GIAC-to 600HP with bigger headers and AWE x haust-acceleration is sooo linear-with no let up all the way through the revs.

Old 08-05-2009, 02:12 PM
what's the airbox-is that the BMC?
No. BMC is the aftermarket air filter that fits the stock airbox.

Old 08-05-2009, 02:23 PM
todo is just really nicetodo is just really nicetodo is just really nicetodo is just really nice
Cannga,
This is a neat idea to install the loader permanently...
For GIAC I am only getting the Stock and Pump program.... not the Race as I will not be using Race Gas or taking the car on the track.
Todo.

Old 08-05-2009, 05:28 PM
Why this comment Taylor:
I recommend keeping your stock airbox.

Old 08-05-2009, 05:51 PM
Why this comment Taylor:
I recommend keeping your stock airbox.
I'm told the stock airbox does a great job pulling in fresh air from the outside. But, there are certainly more technical people on this forum that may either concur or dispute that.

After speaking to many different people, I decided to keep the stock airbox and so my recommendation is to keep it.

Old 08-20-2009, 09:20 PM
KA 997TT has a reputation beyond reputeKA 997TT has a reputation beyond reputeKA 997TT has a reputation beyond reputeKA 997TT has a reputation beyond reputeKA 997TT has a reputation beyond reputeKA 997TT has a reputation beyond reputeKA 997TT has a reputation beyond reputeKA 997TT has a reputation beyond reputeKA 997TT has a reputation beyond reputeKA 997TT has a reputation beyond reputeKA 997TT has a reputation beyond repute
nice.

Old 08-20-2009, 09:23 PM
KA 997TT has a reputation beyond reputeKA 997TT has a reputation beyond reputeKA 997TT has a reputation beyond reputeKA 997TT has a reputation beyond reputeKA 997TT has a reputation beyond reputeKA 997TT has a reputation beyond reputeKA 997TT has a reputation beyond reputeKA 997TT has a reputation beyond reputeKA 997TT has a reputation beyond reputeKA 997TT has a reputation beyond reputeKA 997TT has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by taylorcoleman
I'm told the stock airbox does a great job pulling in fresh air from the outside. But, there are certainly more technical people on this forum that may either concur or dispute that.

After speaking to many different people, I decided to keep the stock airbox and so my recommendation is to keep it.
I am keeping my stock air box too, it is great. I am using a BMC air filter that that should be more than enough.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: AWE 650S Ordered