997 Turbo / GT2 2006–2012 Turbo discussion on the 997 model Porsche 911 Twin Turbo.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: Bears Transport

Plug and Play POWER!

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 08-26-2009, 06:52 PM
tblountman has a reputation beyond reputetblountman has a reputation beyond reputetblountman has a reputation beyond reputetblountman has a reputation beyond reputetblountman has a reputation beyond reputetblountman has a reputation beyond reputetblountman has a reputation beyond reputetblountman has a reputation beyond reputetblountman has a reputation beyond reputetblountman has a reputation beyond reputetblountman has a reputation beyond repute
Talking Plug and Play POWER!

I think I can officially say I am the first 997 TT owner to flash my own car and all I can say is get in line folks because this is the easiest and fastest way to get seat of the pants power. Let me preface this by saying I have an '08 TT and I have been on the fence about doing an ecu flash since I added my fabspeed exhaust but I just didn't really want to take my ecu out and send it off somewhere and wait on it's return. It's official, (Dan I hope I can say this) now you don't have to wait because as of today I (via a cable and laptop) uploaded my current ecu file sent it to softronic and a few hours later got the file and downloaded the new file to the car and all I can say is I wish I had this done earlier. Now I have instant power. I won't try and explain since I am not an expert. Please forward all of your questions to Dan @ Vivid as he is the expert. Outstanding service before, during, and after the sale. Thanks Dan, I have a permanent smile on my face

Attached Images    
Old 08-26-2009, 07:23 PM
Former Vendor
vividracing Is a GOD !vividracing Is a GOD !vividracing Is a GOD !vividracing Is a GOD !vividracing Is a GOD !vividracing Is a GOD !vividracing Is a GOD !vividracing Is a GOD !vividracing Is a GOD !vividracing Is a GOD !vividracing Is a GOD !
Awesome man! Thanks for the cooperation. We will do the official launch for others tomorrow morning. Glad your happy

Last edited by vividracing; 02-03-2014 at 04:15 PM.
Old 08-26-2009, 07:38 PM
lintc0532 has a reputation beyond reputelintc0532 has a reputation beyond reputelintc0532 has a reputation beyond reputelintc0532 has a reputation beyond reputelintc0532 has a reputation beyond reputelintc0532 has a reputation beyond reputelintc0532 has a reputation beyond reputelintc0532 has a reputation beyond reputelintc0532 has a reputation beyond reputelintc0532 has a reputation beyond reputelintc0532 has a reputation beyond repute
bump for that..make things much easier!!

Old 08-26-2009, 09:19 PM
alan6888hk is a glorious beacon of lightalan6888hk is a glorious beacon of lightalan6888hk is a glorious beacon of lightalan6888hk is a glorious beacon of lightalan6888hk is a glorious beacon of lightalan6888hk is a glorious beacon of light
Originally Posted by lintc0532
bump for that..make things much easier!!
+1 !!

Old 08-27-2009, 03:52 PM
Basic Sponsor
Softronic Is a GOD !Softronic Is a GOD !Softronic Is a GOD !Softronic Is a GOD !Softronic Is a GOD !Softronic Is a GOD !Softronic Is a GOD !Softronic Is a GOD !Softronic Is a GOD !Softronic Is a GOD !Softronic Is a GOD !
Hello,

I'm glad you are enjoying the car. You will have to drive it with and without Sport Mode on to get the full effects and it will get even better . The original file may be loaded back in when required at your convenience and then back to tuned.

Best Regards,
Scott Slauson

Old 08-27-2009, 07:30 PM
tblountman has a reputation beyond reputetblountman has a reputation beyond reputetblountman has a reputation beyond reputetblountman has a reputation beyond reputetblountman has a reputation beyond reputetblountman has a reputation beyond reputetblountman has a reputation beyond reputetblountman has a reputation beyond reputetblountman has a reputation beyond reputetblountman has a reputation beyond reputetblountman has a reputation beyond repute
Scott,
I don't know how it could get any better at this point, but if it does I will consider it gravy. You guys (Dan and yourself) have been absolutely first rate to deal with and I could not ask for better service. Thanks again and I am sure you guys will see others in line when the word gets out.

Old 08-28-2009, 09:27 AM
Former Vendor
vividracing Is a GOD !vividracing Is a GOD !vividracing Is a GOD !vividracing Is a GOD !vividracing Is a GOD !vividracing Is a GOD !vividracing Is a GOD !vividracing Is a GOD !vividracing Is a GOD !vividracing Is a GOD !vividracing Is a GOD !
Since you have been driving your car now for a couple of days, what do you notice about throttle response with the Tiptronic? What about gas mileage?

Old 08-28-2009, 06:07 PM
I haven't driven it enough to check mileage yet. The throttle response is much more direct. It is pretty much spot on without being twitchy. The lag is pretty much a non-issue now and when the turbos hit they hit hard. Took the wife for a ride this afternoon and she didn't care for it too much

Old 08-30-2009, 12:22 AM
oc997 is just really niceoc997 is just really niceoc997 is just really niceoc997 is just really nice
Nice! Did you do any before and after dynos.

Would love to hear your feedback.

Old 08-30-2009, 01:33 AM
uaeturbo has a spectacular aura aboutuaeturbo has a spectacular aura about
+1

Old 08-30-2009, 08:04 PM
Unfortunately I do not have access to an all wheel dyno but if you go on vivid's website they have some useful info.

Originally Posted by oc997
Nice! Did you do any before and after dynos.

Would love to hear your feedback.

Old 08-31-2009, 10:05 AM
Former Vendor
OCTurbo and UAETurbo, I have alot of info. Also I offer a guarantee with this product. Please let me know if you are interested in trying

Last edited by vividracing; 02-03-2014 at 04:12 PM.
Old 09-14-2009, 07:15 PM
Former Vendor
updates updates!!!!

Old 09-14-2009, 09:08 PM
Swoody is just really niceSwoody is just really niceSwoody is just really niceSwoody is just really niceSwoody is just really nice
I agree..."Updates!". Anyone else??? Tblountman can't be the only one to do this thus far???

Old 09-15-2009, 06:15 PM
Former Vendor
Not everyone is on the forum But if you want to give a test, PM me for special.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 1 votes, 5.00 average.

Quick Reply: Plug and Play POWER!