997 Turbo / GT2 2006–2012 Turbo discussion on the 997 model Porsche 911 Twin Turbo.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: Bears Transport

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 10-30-2009, 01:37 PM
Zamir is on a distinguished road

Before I start my first post, I wanted to say that this is best forum I have come across. Thanks all for the great information that you share with others. I recently got a 2008 997 turbo, and after spending a couple of weeks reading all the upgrade options posted on this site, have decided on the following,<?xml:namespace prefix = o ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-comfficeffice" /><o></o>
(1) AWE Exhaust<o></o>
(2) AWE Intercoolers<o></o>
(3) GIAC Software.<o></o>
<o> </o>
I spoke to Mike at AWE a couple of times, and was impressed with his overall knowledge. Parts should arrive in a couple of weeks. I will share my impressions once everything is installed. <o></o>
<o> </o>
Zamir<o></o>

Old 10-30-2009, 01:42 PM
Administrator
GT3 Chuck Is a GOD !GT3 Chuck Is a GOD !GT3 Chuck Is a GOD !GT3 Chuck Is a GOD !GT3 Chuck Is a GOD !GT3 Chuck Is a GOD !GT3 Chuck Is a GOD !GT3 Chuck Is a GOD !GT3 Chuck Is a GOD !GT3 Chuck Is a GOD !GT3 Chuck Is a GOD !
Zamir, welcome to the 6...congrats on the 997tt and enjoy the modding experience

Old 10-30-2009, 01:43 PM
NeilM has a reputation beyond reputeNeilM has a reputation beyond reputeNeilM has a reputation beyond reputeNeilM has a reputation beyond reputeNeilM has a reputation beyond reputeNeilM has a reputation beyond reputeNeilM has a reputation beyond reputeNeilM has a reputation beyond reputeNeilM has a reputation beyond reputeNeilM has a reputation beyond reputeNeilM has a reputation beyond repute
congrats Zamir and welcome the the 6. Enjoy your car and new mods.

Old 10-30-2009, 03:14 PM
Former Vendor
Josh/AWE Is a GOD !Josh/AWE Is a GOD !Josh/AWE Is a GOD !Josh/AWE Is a GOD !Josh/AWE Is a GOD !Josh/AWE Is a GOD !Josh/AWE Is a GOD !Josh/AWE Is a GOD !Josh/AWE Is a GOD !Josh/AWE Is a GOD !Josh/AWE Is a GOD !
Zamir,

Thanks for the kind words.

Welcome to the 6!

Old 12-07-2009, 12:35 PM
AWE Exhaust & Intercooler Upgrade

Parts are installed and should get the car back tomorrow, and will take it over to AutoDynamica to have the software installed. While i havent driven it yet, the shop started it up, and the exhaust sounds awesome. Will post my impressions after driving it. I was initially staying with the stock tips, but have since ordered the AWE black tips.

Old 12-07-2009, 12:41 PM
nyamg has much to be proud ofnyamg has much to be proud ofnyamg has much to be proud ofnyamg has much to be proud ofnyamg has much to be proud ofnyamg has much to be proud ofnyamg has much to be proud ofnyamg has much to be proud ofnyamg has much to be proud of
congrats, and post pics

Old 12-07-2009, 04:09 PM
996TTer has a reputation beyond repute996TTer has a reputation beyond repute996TTer has a reputation beyond repute996TTer has a reputation beyond repute996TTer has a reputation beyond repute996TTer has a reputation beyond repute996TTer has a reputation beyond repute996TTer has a reputation beyond repute996TTer has a reputation beyond repute996TTer has a reputation beyond repute996TTer has a reputation beyond repute
Welcome a "bad" virus has infected you (MOD VIRUS). Hope you will enjoy it, like we do.

Old 12-07-2009, 04:15 PM
todo is just really nicetodo is just really nicetodo is just really nicetodo is just really nice
Zamir,
Enjoy the AWE System.... I have a 997 Turbo Cab with:
AWE 650 System with GIAC ECU Tune (awesome) and Tips.
Smartop for my Cab
GIAC Transmission Flash
HRE P40 20 Inch Wheels to be installed This Friday.
Enjoy the AWE system, it is the best.

Old 12-07-2009, 05:29 PM
The mod "virus" had bitten me on my M5 (still tweaking it), and has definately carried over to the turbo. Thanks Todo. Its always good to hear positive feedback from someone who has done the same upgrade. Now I need to figure out rotors. My rear brakes are shot, so am looking at factory rotors & pads, vs. the many options discussed in this form. My front ritors have cracks around the holes, but the pads are still good.

Old 12-07-2009, 07:14 PM
TT Gasman has a brilliant futureTT Gasman has a brilliant futureTT Gasman has a brilliant futureTT Gasman has a brilliant futureTT Gasman has a brilliant futureTT Gasman has a brilliant futureTT Gasman has a brilliant futureTT Gasman has a brilliant futureTT Gasman has a brilliant futureTT Gasman has a brilliant futureTT Gasman has a brilliant future
Congrats on the TT Zamir, sounds like you are well on your way with the mods. There are very few cars that can even touch a modded Turbo.

Old 12-07-2009, 07:37 PM
Thanks Doug. I see you are in Houston as am I. Got home to find my AWE aluminum pedals had arrived in the mail. Finish and quality look great. Price was good since they are on sale.

Mike, the pedals didnt come with instructions. I could figure it out, but was wondering if you guys have mounting instructions.

Thanks

Old 12-14-2009, 06:08 PM
AWE Exhaust, tips, Intercoolers & GIAC software

Finally got everything installed last Friday. The weather in <?xml:namespace prefix = st1 ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-comffice:smarttags" /><st1:City w:st="on"><st1lace w:st="on">Houston</st1lace></st1:City> has been pretty wet over the weekend, but I still managed to drive around town a bit. I did the upgrades in 2 phases. First, I installed the AWE exhaust and intercoolers, drove the car for a day, after which Luis at Autodynamica installed the software. Luis is a great guy, know his business and is great to work with. I highly recommend him. <?xml:namespace prefix = o ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-comfficeffice" /><o></o>
<o></o>
Let me start by reiterating my previous comment about the sound. The exhaust sounds great. It definately sounds like a Porsche should. In fact, a guy in the shop said he liked the sound better than a Lambrogini. It’s loud, but is pretty close to my BMW M5 with magnaflow cans, so I like it. I couldn’t really tell if the performance was any better with the exhaust alone, because I didn’t get to drive enough. I know the ecu sometimes takes a while to recognize the change and adapt to it. Installing the GIAC software, however, was a whole different story. I can now do 15 bars of boost in regular mode and 17 in sports. Prior to the software it was 13 and 15, so a full 2 bar improvement. Have others experienced similar results? The acceleration in sport mode is now amazing. Almost scary. I can’t imagine what 700 hp would feel like!!<o></o>
<o></o>
Post software install, I have noticed a slight lurching sensation when lightly accelerating, especially when the engine is cold. It’s not bad, but it's similar to what happens when you start to run out of gas. In all fairness, however, I need to give the car a few hard runs before making any judgments. Having all this power, however, now means I have to upgrade my suspension and brakes!! Am considering either coilovers or upgrading the rear spring and front sway bar to match the factory upgrades made to the 2010 model. December's edition of Excellence magazine has a good comparison of the 997.2 vs. 997.1, and apparently, the minor changes Porsche made to suspension (rear springs & front sway bar) has made a big improvement to handling. The 997.2 also has different software for the PSM, but the dealer said I couldn’t upgrade to it. <o></o>
<o></o>

Old 12-14-2009, 07:32 PM
Former Vendor
StuartsPNB is a splendid one to beholdStuartsPNB is a splendid one to beholdStuartsPNB is a splendid one to beholdStuartsPNB is a splendid one to beholdStuartsPNB is a splendid one to beholdStuartsPNB is a splendid one to beholdStuartsPNB is a splendid one to behold
Welcome fellow Texan!

-Nathan