997 Turbo / GT2 2006–2012 Turbo discussion on the 997 model Porsche 911 Twin Turbo.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: Bears Transport

the best Power Kit GT2

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 11-26-2009, 05:02 AM
911TurboS2 has a spectacular aura about911TurboS2 has a spectacular aura about911TurboS2 has a spectacular aura about
Ruf will be the most reliable but are expensive. They have a several hundred person R&D staff, warranty their upgrades, have been in business since 1965, and are an original VIN auto manufacturer. None of the other companies mentioned come close to this.

If its power you are after, I highly recommend Switzer Perfromance Innovation in Ohio. I have also had a good experience with AWE in PA. All of them may be great, these are just the ones that I have personal experience with.

BTW- My Ruf RTurbo 550 just dyno'd 611 hp at the crank.

Old 11-26-2009, 07:58 AM
Banned
DINpower is a jewel in the roughDINpower is a jewel in the roughDINpower is a jewel in the roughDINpower is a jewel in the rough
Originally Posted by 911TurboS2
. They have a several hundred person R&D staff,
Really, where do they keep all those people ?

Old 11-26-2009, 08:04 AM
boca996tt is just really niceboca996tt is just really niceboca996tt is just really niceboca996tt is just really nice
Switzer

Old 11-26-2009, 08:25 AM
bbywu Is a GOD !bbywu Is a GOD !bbywu Is a GOD !bbywu Is a GOD !bbywu Is a GOD !bbywu Is a GOD !bbywu Is a GOD !bbywu Is a GOD !bbywu Is a GOD !bbywu Is a GOD !bbywu Is a GOD !
Ruf will be the most reliable but are expensive. They have a several hundred person R&D staff, warranty their upgrades, have been in business since 1965, and are an original VIN auto manufacturer. None of the other companies mentioned come close to this.

If its power you are after, I highly recommend Switzer Perfromance Innovation in Ohio. I have also had a good experience with AWE in PA. All of them may be great, these are just the ones that I have personal experience with.

So you pulled your engine to do this?

A RTurbo with the Nardo 590 traps at 127-128 on its best run.

A RTurbo 550 traps 125.

Please post your graph.

Last edited by bbywu; 11-26-2009 at 08:30 AM.
Old 11-26-2009, 08:40 AM
Monaco has a reputation beyond reputeMonaco has a reputation beyond reputeMonaco has a reputation beyond reputeMonaco has a reputation beyond reputeMonaco has a reputation beyond reputeMonaco has a reputation beyond reputeMonaco has a reputation beyond reputeMonaco has a reputation beyond reputeMonaco has a reputation beyond reputeMonaco has a reputation beyond reputeMonaco has a reputation beyond repute
Ruf will be the most reliable but are expensive.
I'm happy you enjoy your RUF, but how do you justify the cost of one? With a simple $1200 chip and some pipes you are getting the same numbers. Reliability? Porsche as a company has spent countless time in R&D to make sure their cars are overbuilt. It is a reliable platform and I don't think you can credit RUF for that.

Old 11-26-2009, 09:25 AM
Divexxtreme Is a GOD !Divexxtreme Is a GOD !Divexxtreme Is a GOD !Divexxtreme Is a GOD !Divexxtreme Is a GOD !Divexxtreme Is a GOD !Divexxtreme Is a GOD !Divexxtreme Is a GOD !Divexxtreme Is a GOD !Divexxtreme Is a GOD !Divexxtreme Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by jpvarghese
I'm happy you enjoy your RUF, but how do you justify the cost of one? With a simple $1200 chip and some pipes you are getting the same numbers. Reliability? Porsche as a company has spent countless time in R&D to make sure their cars are overbuilt. It is a reliable platform and I don't think you can credit RUF for that.
Very well said.

Old 11-26-2009, 07:37 PM
Zippy has a reputation beyond reputeZippy has a reputation beyond reputeZippy has a reputation beyond reputeZippy has a reputation beyond reputeZippy has a reputation beyond reputeZippy has a reputation beyond reputeZippy has a reputation beyond reputeZippy has a reputation beyond reputeZippy has a reputation beyond reputeZippy has a reputation beyond reputeZippy has a reputation beyond repute
...BTW- My Ruf RTurbo 550 just dyno'd 611 hp at the crank.
No disrespect for you, RUF or your car(s). (BTW I lovn' the orange RS! ) K24's and a flash, perhaps an exhaust for good measure, will get you million mile durability at about 550-600 crank hp). 480 AWHP cost about $4K, if you get the exhaust. If you add on GT2 intercoolers, that's another 1K+ labor and not required unless you're bombing along at WOT for extended periods. These cars are proving to be so extremely overbuilt in stock configuration, that when comparing 'low' horse power upgrades, there is no practical value for a RUF kit vs any of the others. That being said, having a RUF VIN car or even a RUF upgrade is special, independent of the power level. It can't be brought into a bang-for-the-buck or even a dependability comparison level at these modest power increase levels. It's 100% cool but costly.

Old 11-27-2009, 11:41 AM
Divexxtreme Is a GOD !Divexxtreme Is a GOD !Divexxtreme Is a GOD !Divexxtreme Is a GOD !Divexxtreme Is a GOD !Divexxtreme Is a GOD !Divexxtreme Is a GOD !Divexxtreme Is a GOD !Divexxtreme Is a GOD !Divexxtreme Is a GOD !Divexxtreme Is a GOD !
So are you going to post your engine dyno graph? Some us would love to see it. Thanks.

Old 11-27-2009, 11:45 AM
Monaco has a reputation beyond reputeMonaco has a reputation beyond reputeMonaco has a reputation beyond reputeMonaco has a reputation beyond reputeMonaco has a reputation beyond reputeMonaco has a reputation beyond reputeMonaco has a reputation beyond reputeMonaco has a reputation beyond reputeMonaco has a reputation beyond reputeMonaco has a reputation beyond reputeMonaco has a reputation beyond repute
^Hahaha.

Old 11-28-2009, 09:54 AM
Good morning. I noticed that even though you were on here last night, you didn't provide the engine dyno graph of your RTurbo making 611 crank HP. I was wondering if you might be able to provide the graph today? A few of us are very interested in seeing it.

Thank you.

Old 11-28-2009, 10:09 AM
unvmy996 Is a GOD !unvmy996 Is a GOD !unvmy996 Is a GOD !unvmy996 Is a GOD !unvmy996 Is a GOD !unvmy996 Is a GOD !unvmy996 Is a GOD !unvmy996 Is a GOD !unvmy996 Is a GOD !unvmy996 Is a GOD !unvmy996 Is a GOD !
Greek m3 , file mou , you are dilussional , american tuners have the fastest times and put down the most power with graphs ( did i mention times ? ) to prove it.

we will not go into the whole ruf thing again....

with that said , Protomotive , evoms , and switzer.... would top picks .

Old 11-28-2009, 10:51 AM
bbywu Is a GOD !bbywu Is a GOD !bbywu Is a GOD !bbywu Is a GOD !bbywu Is a GOD !bbywu Is a GOD !bbywu Is a GOD !bbywu Is a GOD !bbywu Is a GOD !bbywu Is a GOD !bbywu Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by Divexxtreme
Good morning. I noticed that even though you were on here last night, you didn't provide the engine dyno graph of your RTurbo making 611 crank HP. I was wondering if you might be able to provide the graph today? A few of us are very interested in seeing it.

Thank you.

Old 11-29-2009, 10:28 AM
Good afternoon 911TurboS2,

I see that you were on the forum again this morning, but you still haven't posted an engine dyno graph proving your claim above that your RUF RTurbo 550 made 611 crank HP.

You have been politely asked to provide a graph 3 or 4 times over the last few days, but you are apparently either unable, or unwilling, to do so. Thus, I have no choice at this point but to conclude that your HP claim is false.

I won't bother you again with any further requests.

Last edited by Divexxtreme; 11-29-2009 at 10:41 AM.
Old 11-29-2009, 10:41 AM
AJag Is a GOD !AJag Is a GOD !AJag Is a GOD !AJag Is a GOD !AJag Is a GOD !AJag Is a GOD !AJag Is a GOD !AJag Is a GOD !AJag Is a GOD !AJag Is a GOD !AJag Is a GOD !
This whole thread has kind of gotten sidetracked, but I for one am still curious about the most reliable powerkit for the GT2. And why people have mentioned staying away from AWE/GIAC, any reasons?

Old 11-29-2009, 11:25 AM
TT Gasman has a brilliant futureTT Gasman has a brilliant futureTT Gasman has a brilliant futureTT Gasman has a brilliant futureTT Gasman has a brilliant futureTT Gasman has a brilliant futureTT Gasman has a brilliant futureTT Gasman has a brilliant futureTT Gasman has a brilliant futureTT Gasman has a brilliant futureTT Gasman has a brilliant future
Originally Posted by Divexxtreme
Good afternoon 911TurboS2,

I see that you were on the forum again this morning, but you still haven't posted an engine dyno graph proving your claim above that your RUF RTurbo 550 made 611 crank HP.

You have been politely asked to provide a graph 3 or 4 times over the last few days, but you are apparently either unable, or unwilling, to do so. Thus, I have no choice at this point but to conclude that your HP claim is false.

I won't bother you again with any further requests.
Scott, I believe the car in question is the Ruf VIN 996 Rturbo that was purchased from RAC. It is an awesome piece of precision machinery, as is your GT2. I can't recall what motor it had the day I saw it (520,550 or the 590), but all the Ruf VIN cars are dyno tested in Germany. I would believe what Ruf says about this car. Or call Pfaffenhausen yourself and request the dyno sheet, 0049(0)8265/911 911. They may not give them to a non client, so you can also call Ruf in Dallas (RAC) and speak to Hans (214-269-1572) .
Why all the hating on Ruf??

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: the best Power Kit GT2