997 Turbo / GT2 2006–2012 Turbo discussion on the 997 model Porsche 911 Twin Turbo.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: Bears Transport

997TT reliability?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 06-02-2010, 03:13 PM
bbywu Is a GOD !bbywu Is a GOD !bbywu Is a GOD !bbywu Is a GOD !bbywu Is a GOD !bbywu Is a GOD !bbywu Is a GOD !bbywu Is a GOD !bbywu Is a GOD !bbywu Is a GOD !bbywu Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by kouzman@yahoo.c
i am assuming that the overrev issue mostly exist on the manual cars. is this correct?
What over-rev issue are you referring to?

Old 06-02-2010, 03:32 PM
OneFastBeast will become famous soon enough
RMS leak still have after taking it 4 times in & Shifter cables. I got 12k on my TT.

Old 06-02-2010, 03:46 PM
Bob in NY is on a distinguished road
Only 10k miles and replaced the battery, that's it and no trips to the dealer.

Old 06-02-2010, 09:47 PM
Redmist will become famous soon enoughRedmist will become famous soon enough
Reliability

Like others, the battery of my '08 went dead at about 7,500 miles this year. Now, $350 later I've a battery maintainer/charger.

Old 06-02-2010, 09:58 PM
Tacet-Conundrum is infamous around these partsTacet-Conundrum is infamous around these partsTacet-Conundrum is infamous around these partsTacet-Conundrum is infamous around these partsTacet-Conundrum is infamous around these parts
Originally Posted by GotBoost?
13,000 miles. No problems... These cars are as reliable as any supercar comes.
These cars are as reliable as any other car ever made, regardless of this being a supercar or not. As for it being a super, performance, car nothing even comes close. As a matter of fact Porsche tends to be the top automobile manufacturer in the world when it comes to quality and reliability. Right up there with Lexus.

Old 06-02-2010, 10:39 PM
Banned
speed21 Is a GOD !speed21 Is a GOD !speed21 Is a GOD !speed21 Is a GOD !speed21 Is a GOD !speed21 Is a GOD !speed21 Is a GOD !speed21 Is a GOD !speed21 Is a GOD !speed21 Is a GOD !speed21 Is a GOD !
Im not the best person to ask where problems are concerned but here it goes....

Mine's now on its third front diff (yes..still not right and is currently under review by P on what to do next), has had the clutch slave and accumulator replaced, has had many attempts to resolve an internal creak in the LHR (fixed now after many attempts) had a few other very niggling trim squeaks thankfully now resolved, suffered very bad brake squeal on LHSR (also now a lot better after a few efforts...deglaze ..new pads and so on), boost gauge not achieving the specified P readouts in both SC and N modes (an issue but not a priority fix at moment).

I've ticked over 7,500kms since brand new and yes i'll be elated once the front diff issue gets finally resolved but for all of the above numerous issues i still wouldnt swap it for anything other than another new one (991tt/998tt) .

My advice? Just go for it!! You could do a hell of lot worse in something else.

Old 06-03-2010, 01:17 AM
Turbo Fanatic Is a GOD !Turbo Fanatic Is a GOD !Turbo Fanatic Is a GOD !Turbo Fanatic Is a GOD !Turbo Fanatic Is a GOD !Turbo Fanatic Is a GOD !Turbo Fanatic Is a GOD !Turbo Fanatic Is a GOD !Turbo Fanatic Is a GOD !Turbo Fanatic Is a GOD !Turbo Fanatic Is a GOD !
It's interesting that many of these common issues are identical to the 996 Turbo issues.

Goes to figure I guess. They share a LOT of parts. I was floored to hear that a 996 rollcage bolts directly into the 997 chassis at the seatbelt pickup points...

Last edited by Turbo Fanatic; 06-03-2010 at 06:56 PM.
Old 06-03-2010, 01:25 AM
skandalis447 Is a GOD !skandalis447 Is a GOD !skandalis447 Is a GOD !skandalis447 Is a GOD !skandalis447 Is a GOD !skandalis447 Is a GOD !skandalis447 Is a GOD !skandalis447 Is a GOD !skandalis447 Is a GOD !skandalis447 Is a GOD !skandalis447 Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by speed21
Im not the best person to ask where problems are concerned but here it goes....

Mine's now on its third front diff (yes..still not right and is currently under review by P on what to do next), has had the clutch slave and accumulator replaced, has had many attempts to resolve an internal creak in the LHR (fixed now after many attempts) had a few other very niggling trim squeaks thankfully now resolved, suffered very bad brake squeal on LHSR (also now a lot better after a few efforts...deglaze ..new pads and so on), boost gauge not achieving the specified P readouts in both SC and N modes (an issue but not a priority fix at moment).

I've ticked over 7,500kms since brand new and yes i'll be elated once the front diff issue gets finally resolved but for all of the above numerous issues i still wouldnt swap it for anything other than another new one (991tt/998tt) .

My advice? Just go for it!! You could do a hell of lot worse in something else.
Do you have any idea what was wrong with your front diff?How did you tell the problem?

Old 06-03-2010, 05:23 AM
Banned
speed21 Is a GOD !speed21 Is a GOD !speed21 Is a GOD !speed21 Is a GOD !speed21 Is a GOD !speed21 Is a GOD !speed21 Is a GOD !speed21 Is a GOD !speed21 Is a GOD !speed21 Is a GOD !speed21 Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by skandalis447
Do you have any idea what was wrong with your front diff?How did you tell the problem?
Skandalis it sounds like you are unsure of your front diff condition? Mine is a long story and am happy to tell you but if you have any concern with your car PM me and i will give you all the gory details and inform you all the symptoms you should look out for . I have unfortunately become a bit of a front diff expert now but I dont want to go too far off topic on the OP's thread ok.

Old 06-03-2010, 05:56 AM
catchmyshadow Is a GOD !catchmyshadow Is a GOD !catchmyshadow Is a GOD !catchmyshadow Is a GOD !catchmyshadow Is a GOD !catchmyshadow Is a GOD !catchmyshadow Is a GOD !catchmyshadow Is a GOD !catchmyshadow Is a GOD !catchmyshadow Is a GOD !catchmyshadow Is a GOD !
J.D. Power vehicle dependability study:

Porsche ranked number 1

http://www21.porsche.com/usa/aboutpo...d=2010-03-18-2

says it all.

Old 06-03-2010, 07:14 AM
The Bogg Is a GOD !The Bogg Is a GOD !The Bogg Is a GOD !The Bogg Is a GOD !The Bogg Is a GOD !The Bogg Is a GOD !The Bogg Is a GOD !The Bogg Is a GOD !The Bogg Is a GOD !The Bogg Is a GOD !The Bogg Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by speed21
Skandalis it sounds like you are unsure of your front diff condition? Mine is a long story and am happy to tell you but if you have any concern with your car PM me and i will give you all the gory details and inform you all the symptoms you should look out for . I have unfortunately become a bit of a front diff expert now but I dont want to go too far off topic on the OP's thread ok.
Paul could you "cc" me on the email about the front diff? I have no issues, just curious how you knew you had a front diff problem.

Old 06-03-2010, 07:30 AM
HUMMM 3 has much to be proud ofHUMMM 3 has much to be proud ofHUMMM 3 has much to be proud ofHUMMM 3 has much to be proud ofHUMMM 3 has much to be proud ofHUMMM 3 has much to be proud ofHUMMM 3 has much to be proud ofHUMMM 3 has much to be proud ofHUMMM 3 has much to be proud of
24K miles in three years. Car is driven mostly on highways and rural roads, hardly ever in town. The engine compartment fan was replaced under warranty. Other problems are related to after market mods, bad cats (replaced under manufacturers warranty) and suspension issues.

One thing no one has mentioned that relates to most cars sold these days is the lack of a spare tire. This can get you into a heap of trouble, if you drive your car out of range of a major metropolitan area and have a flat.

Old 06-03-2010, 09:21 AM
dave29 is just really nicedave29 is just really nicedave29 is just really nicedave29 is just really nicedave29 is just really nice
20000 miles, daily driver, no issues. I love this car!!

Old 06-03-2010, 11:54 AM
JHE
JHE is a jewel in the roughJHE is a jewel in the roughJHE is a jewel in the roughJHE is a jewel in the rough
Thanks for all of the replies! Seems to confirm what my local service manager says. Now to find that perfect car at the perfect price......

Old 06-03-2010, 12:11 PM
Mini George is a name known to allMini George is a name known to allMini George is a name known to allMini George is a name known to allMini George is a name known to allMini George is a name known to all
There is no issue with them. On a very long road trip the car just hummmmmssss.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: 997TT reliability?