997 Turbo / GT2 2006–2012 Turbo discussion on the 997 model Porsche 911 Twin Turbo.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: Bears Transport

I probably have to get out of my car 5 times a week to close the stupid trunk.

Old 12-08-2009, 07:10 PM
notgood is on a distinguished road
I probably have to get out of my car 5 times a week to close the stupid trunk.

Does anyone else have this problem? I've had the key delay adjusted as much as it can be adjusted, but it still keeps popping open just from being in my pocket and my pants just aren't that tight. The dealer couldn't think of anything and didn't think they could consider it a warranty issue. Does anyone have any suggestions?

Old 12-08-2009, 07:13 PM
Former Vendor
Eric (Plug Guy) has a reputation beyond reputeEric (Plug Guy) has a reputation beyond reputeEric (Plug Guy) has a reputation beyond reputeEric (Plug Guy) has a reputation beyond reputeEric (Plug Guy) has a reputation beyond reputeEric (Plug Guy) has a reputation beyond reputeEric (Plug Guy) has a reputation beyond reputeEric (Plug Guy) has a reputation beyond reputeEric (Plug Guy) has a reputation beyond reputeEric (Plug Guy) has a reputation beyond reputeEric (Plug Guy) has a reputation beyond repute
No issues here. Strange that it's that sensitive. When you do want to open it, is it a hair-trigger action on the key, or do you need to press just as hard as unlocking the door?

Old 12-08-2009, 07:20 PM
bbywu Is a GOD !bbywu Is a GOD !bbywu Is a GOD !bbywu Is a GOD !bbywu Is a GOD !bbywu Is a GOD !bbywu Is a GOD !bbywu Is a GOD !bbywu Is a GOD !bbywu Is a GOD !bbywu Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by notgood
Does anyone else have this problem? I've had the key delay adjusted as much as it can be adjusted, but it still keeps popping open just from being in my pocket and my pants just aren't that tight. The dealer couldn't think of anything and didn't think they could consider it a warranty issue. Does anyone have any suggestions?
What year car do you have? The new key fobs (black) are supposed to be a little less sensitive than the older key fobs (grey)...you could do a swap.

Old 12-08-2009, 07:43 PM
tranman329 is on a distinguished road
i have the same problem

Old 12-08-2009, 07:49 PM
bonehead Is a GOD !bonehead Is a GOD !bonehead Is a GOD !bonehead Is a GOD !bonehead Is a GOD !bonehead Is a GOD !bonehead Is a GOD !bonehead Is a GOD !bonehead Is a GOD !bonehead Is a GOD !bonehead Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by bbywu
What year car do you have? The new key fobs (black) are supposed to be a little less sensitive than the older key fobs (grey)...you could do a swap.
I have the older grey fob. I've accidently opened the 'f-runk' a few times, but not as bad as the OP.

BTW, just noticed. Congrats on the Moderator-ship, bbywu!

Old 12-08-2009, 08:59 PM
meaker is a splendid one to beholdmeaker is a splendid one to beholdmeaker is a splendid one to beholdmeaker is a splendid one to beholdmeaker is a splendid one to beholdmeaker is a splendid one to beholdmeaker is a splendid one to beholdmeaker is a splendid one to behold
I have the smart key thing installed in my car and I think it puts a longer delay on the trunk release.. somebody correct me if I'm wrong.

Old 12-08-2009, 09:56 PM
Originally Posted by Eric (Plug Guy)
No issues here. Strange that it's that sensitive. When you do want to open it, is it a hair-trigger action on the key, or do you need to press just as hard as unlocking the door?
It's not so much a hair trigger as it is the buttons are just too pronounced. I have a two year old and whenever I put him in the backseat car seat or put my briefcase on the passenger seat, I put the keys in my pocket and, apparently twist in such a way that the button gets pushed. I briefly tried putting the keys on the floor to avoid this, but found the doors locked as I walked around the car to get in the driver's set on a really hot day. Mom wasn't real happy about having to come save the baby from my care.

Old 12-08-2009, 09:58 PM
My car is a 2007. The dealer said as long as it's not a warranty issue, It's not eligible for an exchange and the keys are about $300 which seems kind of silly.

Old 12-08-2009, 10:18 PM
bbywu Is a GOD !bbywu Is a GOD !bbywu Is a GOD !bbywu Is a GOD !bbywu Is a GOD !bbywu Is a GOD !bbywu Is a GOD !bbywu Is a GOD !bbywu Is a GOD !bbywu Is a GOD !bbywu Is a GOD !
My car is a 2007. The dealer said as long as it's not a warranty issue, It's not eligible for an exchange and the keys are about $300 which seems kind of silly.
Have you considered a key pouch? I use one (because my house doesn't have keys and I don't really need to carry anything else besides my car key.)

Old 12-09-2009, 12:19 AM
twturbo Is a GOD !twturbo Is a GOD !twturbo Is a GOD !twturbo Is a GOD !twturbo Is a GOD !twturbo Is a GOD !twturbo Is a GOD !twturbo Is a GOD !twturbo Is a GOD !twturbo Is a GOD !twturbo Is a GOD !
Have you considered a key pouch? I use one (because my house doesn't have keys and I don't really need to carry anything else besides my car key.)
You mean a purse !! lol sorry couldn't resist ,i've heard of this problem from another tt friend ,when i got my tt the fobs weren't working correctly & dealer switched them out for the black ones mentioned earlier.

Old 12-09-2009, 02:53 AM
Former Vendor
Eric (Plug Guy) has a reputation beyond reputeEric (Plug Guy) has a reputation beyond reputeEric (Plug Guy) has a reputation beyond reputeEric (Plug Guy) has a reputation beyond reputeEric (Plug Guy) has a reputation beyond reputeEric (Plug Guy) has a reputation beyond reputeEric (Plug Guy) has a reputation beyond reputeEric (Plug Guy) has a reputation beyond reputeEric (Plug Guy) has a reputation beyond reputeEric (Plug Guy) has a reputation beyond reputeEric (Plug Guy) has a reputation beyond repute
Meaker is correct, AND WE SELL THIS UNIT.

The RemoteKey product allows delays on the key fob trunk opening and many other cool features. It's featured on our Order page, at the top. Not sure if it can prevent premature opening, especially if what you are doing is causing the fob to activate the trunk opener.....but could be an easy option to add, and also brings a good number of other features along for the ride.

And we have them in stock too.

Old 12-09-2009, 08:05 AM
Originally Posted by twturbo
You mean a purse !! lol sorry couldn't resist ,i've heard of this problem from another tt friend ,when i got my tt the fobs weren't working correctly & dealer switched them out for the black ones mentioned earlier.
Yeah, I'm not sure about the purse. I can never remember if it's supposed to match your shoes or belt or both. Actually, I think the key pouch is a good, inexpensive solution. I've never really liked them, but it makes sense now.

Old 12-09-2009, 08:08 AM
Originally Posted by Eric (Plug Guy)
Meaker is correct, AND WE SELL THIS UNIT.

The RemoteKey product allows delays on the key fob trunk opening and many other cool features. It's featured on our Order page, at the top. Not sure if it can prevent premature opening, especially if what you are doing is causing the fob to activate the trunk opener.....but could be an easy option to add, and also brings a good number of other features along for the ride.

And we have them in stock too.
I was reading about this on the 997 board where I started the same thread. Somebody mentioned how they forgot about what a problem it was and that pretty much sold me.

Old 12-09-2009, 08:51 AM
Site Sponsor
GMP Performance has a reputation beyond reputeGMP Performance has a reputation beyond reputeGMP Performance has a reputation beyond reputeGMP Performance has a reputation beyond reputeGMP Performance has a reputation beyond reputeGMP Performance has a reputation beyond reputeGMP Performance has a reputation beyond reputeGMP Performance has a reputation beyond reputeGMP Performance has a reputation beyond reputeGMP Performance has a reputation beyond reputeGMP Performance has a reputation beyond repute
I would suggest the smart top remote controller.

Old 12-09-2009, 09:42 AM
raclaims is a splendid one to beholdraclaims is a splendid one to beholdraclaims is a splendid one to beholdraclaims is a splendid one to beholdraclaims is a splendid one to beholdraclaims is a splendid one to beholdraclaims is a splendid one to behold
Is it possible to modify the key to disable remote opening of the trunk? Then if you do want to open it...you do it manually inside the car.

Search this Thread
Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread:
You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: I probably have to get out of my car 5 times a week to close the stupid trunk.